Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xab

blackhead scars

Can someone answer a few of my questions please?

I have some active blackheads i have never picked them is this why they turn into scars?

I have started using a facial scrub on my nose is this okay?

Is there any laser or cream that would lessen the blackhead scars/scarred pores?

Thanks.

My theory is that the blackheads or sebecoues material has stretched out the pore further then it is capable of, and has now lost its elasticity to return to its prevoius small size - kinda like stretch marks.

So something that restores elasticity and maby collagen should work. products like retin a, tazorac have been shown to reduce pore size (i know that these prodcuts increase collagen but im not sure about elasticity). lasers also increase collagen through a different way.

Also there are no muscles within the pore so i beleive that if they can be stretch out then they can be returend to their normal size. some people will say large pores are gentic but if you have gotten large pores because of blackheads then that it the cause. i doubt a facial scrub will do anything for large pores.

Skin elasticity can be described as the ability of skin to return to its original position once a deforming force has stopped acting on it. The deforming force can be gravity, muscles causing expressions etc

The intensity of the deforming force and the degree of stretching or compression are directly related as long as the material is constant. Skin is not made up of a constant composition so unlike and inert substance like rubber there is no constant to the structure as skin composition changes with time and hence.

In any discussion on elasticity you need also to consider extension. i.e. the skins ability to stretch. Some materials have great extension but poor elasticity. The best example of this would be a ‘slinky’ spring.

Some materials have poor extension but great elasticity like a shock absorber spring or like cartilage.

The skin needs to have both and ideally the skins ability to return to a ‘resting state’ is strong enough to cope with the constant stretching (extension) forces we apply to it all the time.

Certain situations like pregnancy really put this to the test and stretch marks are an example where the elasticity of the skin could not cope with the extension forces.

i will PM you the name of a cream that is very good at resoring elasticity and collagen to the skin - i dont want to say in the thread coz people might think im advertising

if they have been stretched due to blackheads of clogged pores (sebecoues material) then i bieleve they can be returned to the original size because the skin has lost its elasticity - the pore has been stretched further then it is capable of strtching and returning back to its orginal state. by restoring the skin to its original elasticty properties then the pores should return back to its original size. this is just my opinion/theory though so i cant prove whether it works or not but facial rejuvinating procedures like retin a, lasers dermaroller which all increase collagen and elasticity to a certain extent have shown to reduce pore size - these procedures work differently to every person - every one is different. someone might see really good results with laser where as someone else might not have any improvment.

XAB - you said in the pm that you have had 3 dermaroller sessions with dr chu for your scars. what type of scars did you ahve and what type of improvment have you seen ... are you using and topicals or leds ??

thanks

XAB - you said in the pm that you have had 3 dermaroller sessions with dr chu for your scars. what type of scars did you ahve and what type of improvment have you seen ... are you using and topicals or leds ??

I had a severe dint about the size of a 20p on my cheek that has raised but is still quite bad in my opinion what is worse some of the skin next to it is actually raised so the whole area about the size of a 50p look very bad in some lighting. I also had and still have bad scars on one side of my temple that dermarolling had little effect on. apart from that i have a few formations of scarred pores (liked the nike tick) on the sie of my face where the dent is- so it is pretty minor and can't be really seen when i have stubble. The other side of my face was extremely minor to begin with and is now apart from in harsh light clear. Overall dermaroller did have a good effect and although i am a bit sceptical i have been told by people the scars are barely there.

I use no topicals i tried retina a but 1 session of deramroller did more than retina-a did in 10 months it also made me red and flaky. i have just been using a cleanser, moisturizing and twice a week exfoliating and have not had a breakout since i came of retin-a which is about 4 years ago.

The biggest problem i have apart from the dint area is redness( you said in your pm 2 years i have had it for nearly 4 thanks to having skin whiter than white) although the redness is now more a dull pink.The other problem blackhead scars on my nose. In fact this guy has the same nose as me. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blackhead...ml#entry2496156 Lastly is it normal for the redness under harsh lighing to look indented?

the areas that are red can be slightly indented but my guess is this is just part ofthe healing (as long as the dent is still red there is some healing still going on, if its normal flesh colour then its a scar - my opinion) i have seen some of my red slighty indented marks fill up as the redness starts to dissapear and so have others like lemarr who said he got some sort of folliculitus that left a few indents but filled up over time.

the guy in the pic looks like he has alot of blackheads but it may also be that thing where there a several very fine ellus hairs coming out of the pore making it look black (i forgot what it was actually called but ill try have a look for you when i get some time). of they are blackheads then my guess is the pores have been stretched due to the build up within the pore resulting in the skin being stretched further then it can cope with .. so it stays that way

it may also be that thing where there a several very fine ellus hairs coming out of the pore making it look black (i forgot what it was actually called but ill try have a look for you when i get some time).

It's called Trichostasis spinulosa, I read about it myself a while back somewhere.