Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does mj effect your acne?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Does mj effect your acne?

• yes
    • no

I get moderate acne, and have been since I was around 12 years old. Now at 17, I like to smoke occassionally, maye once-twice per month, but i notice whenever i light up my acne flares up like no other. Does anyone have any advice? Quit? lol i could figure that one out on my own and I have been - but I enjoy it (a lot) and, and my friends do it - I hate being the one left out. By the way, after doing some research...i found this out.....

marijuana causes your testosterone levels to go way down then back up- then these things called adrogens have to start producing to get the testosterone back up- and overproduction of androgens is known to be one cause of acne.

Thanks so much *in advance*

Don't trust my vote. I've never smoked mj before. You should add more options for those who just don't know. [-( But I voted anyways. biggrin.gif

hrmm

good question, i've often wondered.

recently i havn't been smoking that much, but this past week (holidays) i've smoked nearly everyday. My skin was looking better before this week, but i've had 2-3 cysts and 1 or 2 small pimples come up during the week.

this could be many reasons, diffrent diet during the hols, diffrent sleep patterns (up much later) .

either way, there no doubting the fact that when stoned i *REALLY* can't be bothered to wash/bp/moisturise lol normally its a half hearted attempt at a wash. (this is presuming that i actualy make it home and don't just crash out at mates house etc lol)

Yeah the fact that there were 2 days where you were smoking and broke out it strange. I've posted about this before and put forward the idea that maybe during the burnout ur really stressed out and hence you break out. Or maybe the food you ate (if you ate any) during munchy runs caused you to break out. Other than that I just don't know. To be honest I haven't really been looking for a correlation between smoking and acne, but I will now and report my results.

damm what doesnt cause acne???http://www.911skin.com/13agofac.html

How Does Marijuana Affect the Mind and Body?

In the short term, marijuana affects people by causing:

Impaired judgment

Reduced short-term memory

Reduced ability to perform involving concentration and coordination such as driving a car.

Increased heart rate.

In the long term, marijuana can lead to:

Increased risk of cancer.

In males, a reduction in male hormone testosterone, which may reduce muscle development, restrict growth (height), and make them unable to have children.

In females, an increase in the male hormone testosterone, which can cause women to develop dark body hair, facial hair, and acne. Women may also be unable to have children

doesnt that suk i love to smoke i have stopped because it did cause me to breakout but every now and then i do like to puff the magic dragon!!lol

I dont think smoking pot causes acne, or even causes it to flare up worse than usual. If i smoke out of a bong sometimes i get pimples around my mouth but thats just because everyones face has been rubbing up against it and its greasy and dirty. or maybe if you are stoned you eat more junk food, touch your face with greasy hands... the list goes on. smoking, compared to other recreational drugs, isnt really bad at all. i wouldnt quit, just try not to touch your face and make sure everything is clean. biggrin.gif/

No im 100% sure that smoking leads to acne for me, it happens every time i light up! As i posted above...after some research this is what i found...

marijuana causes your testosterone levels to go way down then back up- then these things called adrogens have to start producing to get the testosterone back up- and overproduction of androgens is known to be one cause of acne.

Ive been a marijuana smoker since 15 years old. It never promoted any acne in me, usually if I popped an X pill, Id have a huge zit the next day on my forehead. Otherwise, mary jane doesnt or didnt cause acne to me or anyone I know of.

Most times when ive blazed up, ive woken up the next day to some new spots which i know have come up coz of all the smoke that touched my skin. I dont know about what the weed does to the inside but i know that as soon as ive had a smoke i can feel a spot coming up hours later from all the smoke that must of hit my skin. This aint no coincidence it happens nearly everytime. Im with the other post on how much lazier you get as well, which does then lead me to not being bothered to washing my face properly which cant be good too. Also doing hot boxes with all that smoke in the air touching the skin is guaranteed to bring out more spots. So yeh smoking weed definitly makes it worse

Guyz i smoke alot of chronic ( i Live in B.C), and i've done numerous tests and yes marijuana does cause acne. Maybe different for diff ppl, but my skin get's awesome when i don't smoke then when i do my compelxion fuk's up and i get a few spots. It sux tho, because i don't really get high to get high, i mean most of u guyz know that it does increase sensations ALOT, so having sex is the best thing u could possibly do if ur high, and the climax is aaa yyaaa WOW, lol but n e ways i'm pritty sure it does make u flare up. Another thing is that when i had alot of acne ( during the initial breakout of accutane) and i smoked up i could feel every single bump on my face, and it felt like it was getting pumped and pumped with more and more puss or blood or w/e YUCK, but u do get that feeling.

Guyz i smoke alot of chronic ( i Live in B.C), and i've done numerous tests and yes marijuana does cause acne. Maybe different for diff ppl, but my skin get's awesome when i don't smoke then when i do my compelxion fuk's up and i get a few spots. It sux tho, because i don't really get high to get high, i mean most of u guyz know that it does increase sensations ALOT, so having sex is the best thing u could possibly do if ur high, and the climax is aaa yyaaa WOW, lol but n e ways i'm pritty sure it does make u flare up. Another thing is that when i had alot of acne ( during the initial breakout of accutane) and i smoked up i could feel every single bump on my face, and it felt like it was getting pumped and pumped with more and more puss or blood or w/e YUCK, but u do get that feeling.

Yeah...but it might actually make people break out. I've been thinking about it for a while. During the week I can manage to stay absolutely clear. This is probably due (right now) to the regimen and the tetracyclin I'm on, never the less, I always break out on the weekend. So I've been thinking, what do I do differently?

It could be that I wash my face on Friday at the regular time (8:00pm) and don't wash it again until Saturday afternoon (cause I'm NOT fuckin wakin up at 7:00 like on regular school days, even if it is to wash my face)

It could be that I'm a tad more lethargic during the weekend as I don't really walk or exercise as much.

Or it could be the pot sessions that always go down at my house on Friday or Saturday (or both). Frankly I'm leaning towards this now, for reasons listed in the posts above (the way ur skin feels, breakouts occuring after pot)

I guess it's kind of a dilemma, even though lately it's becoming less fun for me. I've never been laid, but shit, I can TOTALLY see how having sex while on it would be UNREAL. I also get a kick out of music. The only problem is when I smoke it I become VERY disoriented, and while it's fun, I can't really play guitar like I want to be able to cause my mind is just racing TOO fast. I think it hits me a lot harder than it does other people, I'm such a light weight with every intoxicant I've tried.

So what it boils down to is...to smoke or not to smoke? I think I will forgo it for this weekend and maybe the next, as once the zits on my chin recede completely and the one left on my forehead go away, I will be 100% clear of active zits. Once I'm clear though, even if it does slightly break me out, I think I'll still do it every Friday.

Don't despair, there's always cocaine! (JUST KIDDING!)

well i smoke almost every day and im getting clearer every day so no, how would smoking a joint affect your face? jesus whats with people trying to blame their acne on stuff....... acne is a SKIN disease and some people have it and some people dont, inhaling smoke into your lungs will not affect the zits on your face

i kinda broke out around my mouth a bit when i smoked, my buddy smokes everyday and not a zit on his face, oh yeah i know what you guys talk about the sensation, pure bliss =D>

Neo you ass, at least take the time to read other's posts. And why the fuck would we blame our acne on smoking pot. Do you think any of us want to stop? Ass

huh?? I read the whole thread, yesterday i smoked like 5 joints and my skin looks better today than it did yesterday so :-s

i mean most of u guyz know that it does increase sensations ALOT, so having sex is the best thing u could possibly do if ur high, and the climax is aaa yyaaa WOW, lol