Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
giantcat

Accutane ruined these people's lives

dont worry about it my dude i am new to the site i may say things. but it aint about being clear or staying clear. its about being healthy staying healthy. I still have acne at 21, I love it. Does not affect my game whatsoever. I am 21 living with my parents going to college, so the acne helps people think I am still a teen wherever I go.

Although I must add! For the ladies thinking about taking this medication... Accutane does increase the aging process! My skin has thinned. My eyes have become to get more baggy and puffy. But right now I have some potato peels on my eyes. i have a date tonite. :dance: helps with the puffy baggy eyes. damn accutane. And this is permanent ladies...Also my veins are more prevalent and my fingers get wrinkly after being in water for 3 minutes. Hair thins as well and becomes dry.

I don't think its moreGano this time. Nvapro even put his email in a post. I seen his story on another board also.

Who is moreGano!? I am nvapro (all lowercase please) It is even my handle on the PS3 network. Hold on, you guys are talking about me!? Now I have to read all 3 pages and keep up with this thread.

Giant Cat was the one to bring me to this website. She left a message on the other website.

If you go to wrongdiagnosis.com and search Isotretinoin. You will find my thread that I started and I have had thousands of hits. It is top on Google searches.

I don't think its moreGano this time. Nvapro even put his email in a post. I seen his story on another board also.

Who is moreGano!? I am nvapro (all lowercase please) It is even my handle on the PS3 network. Hold on, you guys are talking about me!? Now I have to read all 3 pages and keep up with this thread.

Giant Cat was the one to bring me to this website. She left a message on the other website.

If you go to wrongdiagnosis.com and search Isotretinoin. You will find my thread that I started and I have had thousands of hits. It is top on Google searches.

I am not for accutane either nvapro, I believe some thought you were someone elese posting under a diffrent name. I believe everything you have stated trust me i know.

just wanted to add welcome to acne.org nvapro

oli girl

I am not for accutane either nvapro, I believe some thought you were someone elese posting under a diffrent name. I believe everything you have stated trust me i know.

just wanted to add welcome to acne.org nvapro

oli girl

Thx, dont worry your cool with me in my book.

its abit late now ive already took it. hopefully having my 3rd arm removed next month

hahahaha

That ain't funny. Gothic Gurl was probably on some 20 mg course. I took the 80 mg a day for a month. If she doesn't notice problems now. Guaranteed when you are over the hill 40 - 50 years old and cant pass a driving test with Glaucoma then you know what medication to blame. For real don't be laughing about this stuff. In England, They are 70% Atheist in that country. That's bad ju ju for me. 21 years on this earth, I've done my time on the streets...trust me I know karma exists. I don't step on any toes no more.

Y'all laugh about it now. But people have been hurt from this medication. For the people who laugh I invite you to take some. This isn't an issue of If? its an issue of When? the problems will arise.

I am 21, at the half way point of my life. I have learned to rid myself of Ego. Have no problem of telling it how it is. I never let my pride ever get in the way of A. Business or B. helping others

I'm on accutane right now and I'm loving it. nothin bad has happened except a little dry lips

:lol: nvapro, I think you and Necromancer should meet and start a thread. It's your personality. I think the two of you would either form a mighty union force on this board or have a clash of egos. Aaaaaahhh...you've made my morning. Thanks! ^_^

Accutane worked great for my severe acne and I finished my course November 2006. I also haven't aged badly. A couple of days ago someone asked me if I was university (college for the American's amongst you). I finished uni in 1993!

I took Accutane 12 years ago. I'm between 40 and 50. I look 30. My lab values are perfect.

^ I don't believe y'all. Maybe the low doses 20 - 30mg a day is the safest way. I couldn't tell you. I only tried the 80mg a day. And was too much for me. But I only took it for a month. y'all took this drug for 5 months!? i don't know how you guys are walking. amazes me, makes me feel like weakling, lol word.

everyone is different! :) and many times people ruin their own lives, not their medication.

you have to change all your habits, not just pop the Tane and go about your business you know.

God bless you all and I hope every person has a beautiful journey in life

Ya just don't get it, nvapro. This site isn't about TEH PHAT L3WTZ!!11!!ONE!! It's about helping people in a positive way in regard to ACNE, not just Accutane. It seems you're focused on this one area of the site and in doing so you're not only missing the point of this site, but you're also missing out on interacting within a great community. Anonymous people that are highly combative or out to start trouble is exactly why this site has a great moderating presence. Plus, we love being here. If this is an issue for you, perhaps you're right. Perhaps you shouldn't be here. Take care. If you ever need others to talk to in your acne battle or just need to vent, the people on site will be here for you.

Accutane was the only thing that worked for my acne of 7 years. I am on my second course now, no regrets. I did not get a heart attack, did not get a stroke, did not get depressed, and my hair did not fall out.

Guaranteed you start noticing problems when your older.

You actually don't know that and it's awful to tell someone that they WILL notice problems when they get older. Be careful what you say and put on someone. My roommate took accutane almost 20 years ago and has never had anything awful happen to her. It took me 6 months to decide to take it and I even threw away my first prescription because I was completely freaked out. I thought about it, I prayed, I researched, I asked questions of friends, I knew what I was doing when I made my decision. It's true that everyone should know what they're possibly getting themselves into with the drug but don't assume that someone will end up with horrible side effects.

everyone is different! :) and many times people ruin their own lives, not their medication.

you have to change all your habits, not just pop the Tane and go about your business you know.

God bless you all and I hope every person has a beautiful journey in life

Many people ruin their own lives. No some people just have bad luck of the draw like me.

Accutane was the only thing that worked for my acne of 7 years. I am on my second course now, no regrets. I did not get a heart attack, did not get a stroke, did not get depressed, and my hair did not fall out.

I guarantee EVERYONE will notice problems when they're older. It's called AGING. :)

Okay, this is snide, passive aggressive and really inappropriate coming from a mod.

Who are you to say that more severe side effects that can be attributed to Accutane aren't delayed in their manifestation and won't show themselves until at a later age? You honestly think everyone ages equally and experiences ailments on the same level as would be caused by Accutane?

I'm about done with this forum myself. There's ignorance abound but if it's considered acceptable coming from the moderators then forget this.

Accutane ruined my life

gave me severe seb derm,redness,and severe facial flushing

it has also affected my mindstate severely,on anti-depressants right now

I was never like this before accutane

I guarantee EVERYONE will notice problems when they're older. It's called AGING. :)

Okay, this is snide, passive aggressive and really inappropriate coming from a mod.

Who are you to say that more severe side effects that can be attributed to Accutane aren't delayed in their manifestation and won't show themselves until at a later age? You honestly think everyone ages equally and experiences ailments on the same level as would be caused by Accutane?

I'm about done with this forum myself. There's ignorance abound but if it's considered acceptable coming from the moderators then forget this.

Passive aggressive? I was trying to be a smarty pants and play on the words, not come across as snide or demeaning. I've NEVER said or implied in any of my Accutane related posts that side effects couldn't be delayed and I don't appreciate words being put in my mouth. If you took offense then I sincerely apologize, but I think you misconstrued what I said and overreacted.

Siava does not play passive aggressive. I took her comment to be meant in fun, nothing snide or mean about it. That is just not how she is.

Many others are snide, passive aggressive, outright aggressive, nasty, but certainly not Siava.

nvapro: You are a tad aggressive and nasty. Thus the strong mod presence in this thread. Many of your posts are already invisible because you cannot control yourself in this online environment.

to those saying it accelerates the aging process... i have two girlfriends that both took accutane at a fairly young age. one took 2 courses, the other just a single course. both took a very high monthly dosage. and shocker - they both now (as adults) have GLORIOUS, smooth, healthy young looking skin. they look far younger than their true ages. they also are sticklers with their use of wearing an SPF everyday. they had HORRIBLE cystic acne and their lives were truly saved by taking accutane, no questions asked.

on the other hand, i took accutane for mild/moderate persistant acne- did EVERYTHING right (literally) and ended up with heavy rolling scarring in the areas where i had most of my acne. accutane GAVE me cystic acne that i've never had before in my life. i didn't pick at my acne or anything. i used this 50 dollar moisturizer that fully couldn't moisturize my skin which is why i think i was left with the scarring. also, the general texture of my skin isn't flawless like my friends yet since my scarring is on the sides of my face i usually can pass for 'normal' when i wear my hair covering the sides of my face. still, i am often told i can pass for a teenager and i am 25.

despite my experience - i just want anyone reading this who is contemplating taking accutane .. if you've had it for years, taken topicals and they don't work it is time to take acctuane. i was in your shoes, and i avoided taking it for years due to the fear mongering people on websites like this. there are risks but every time you walk out of your house in the morning you face numerous risks. life is a risk. if you don't want acne anymore for fucks sake take accutane but just know that it WILL clear your acne but like every other medication under the sun you can face side effects. the only negative side effect that i can say happened to me thus far was the hideous scarring i was left with that was 100% caused by the accutane induced IB.

anyone with tane questions feel free to PM me, i love helping others with accutane related stuff..

Ive had people think Im anywhere from 18-31. I think I could pass for 16

Max-, it's just the nature of the beast, unfortunately, the beast being anything controversial. The Positive/Negative stickied threads are there to direct folks to, but it wouldn't be right to try to force people to keep their feelings contained in those two threads alone. Healthy arguments can expose helpful information sometimes which is a plus. :)

Ya just don't get it, nvapro.

I get it now, I've edited my posts. I did hold a rather obnoxious presence and I realized that and corrected myself. I am a video game nerd and I love technology and gizmo's so I hope you let your guard down around me. The only TV I watch is Discovery, Nat Geo, NFL network, and Military channel. I grew up in a catholic school from 1st to 8th grade. I was part of the middle group in high school, the cool kids didn't let me sit at their lunch table until sophomore year when they found out I smoked pot. But I was expelled that year and did 6 months in juvi. I lived with 80 other boys for half a year. So I have met my share of characters in Disney World. I am accepted by rich and poor alike. If we met in person we would fall madly in love. But we can only have a friendship because I am like Jesus, I have to save the world. I hope you understand.

You actually don't know that and it's awful to tell someone that they WILL notice problems when they get older.

I do know for a fact that they will notice problems. While on the medication I actually talked to the devil who took the form of a little girl whispering and referred to herself as 'the snake'. True story.

nvapro: You are a tad aggressive and nasty. Thus the strong mod presence in this thread. Many of your posts are already invisible because you cannot control yourself in this online environment.

:think: Maybe I was drunk.

Which brings me to another thing Accutane causes....Alcoholism. Helps to relieve brain pressure.

just because all that stuff happened to you doesn't mean it will happen to everyone else. you are just bias. kthxbye

Your one of the very few people who experience severe problems with the drug.

What are your credentials? Do you have a PhD? Did you go to med school? I'll trust my dermatologist, thank you very much.