Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Panoxyl a prescription only medication or can you get it in stores/online?

How well does it work for moderate acne?

How long does it take to start seeing results?

How dry and flaky does it make your skin?

Can you wax your eyebrows without having layers of skin ripped off like Differin causes?

Can it be used on body acne?

Please help me out!

You can buy panoxyl over the counter. i bought the smallest tube (4g), got it for 93php, that's about $2 i think. I've just started to use panoxyl acnegel 5% today. my skin does feel a little tight but most reviews said that was normal and that using moisturizer helps ease the dryness and flaking. I found a review page on panoxyl 5%, here's the link

acne.org/panoxyl-aq-5-benzoyl-peroxide-reviews/95/page6.html

I heard panoxyl can be used for body acne but it has to be 10%. i'm not really sure but i hope this helps.

:)

hi there!

u have acne similar to mine. I also have moderate acne

I used panoxyl 2.5% (and I recommend u use 2.5%) about a month from now, and I went through 3 weeks of hell, but now I'm clearing up, the BP is not causing so much redness and irritation like it did before and I'm really happy :)

if want details on what products I used and the mistakes I did with this gel u can send me a PM anytime :)

Do not use the Panoxyl 10% unless you want to dry up your pimple/s fast but, Im warning you, it will leave ugly red marks... :doh:

Thank you guys so much!

If the regimen Im doing now doesnt work, Im definitely going to get Panoxyl. I think Ill start by using 2.5% and then move up if I dont see results in a few weeks.

Thanks again!

hey!

I'm new to here but I thought I'd share some advice with u :) I've used Panoxyl 2.5% for ages now and yes it does work. The thing is it can literally take months to totally stop breaking out, i mean in a couple of months u will see improvement but i stil continue to get big ones for quite a while. Keep at it tho!!

It does make my skin extremely dry and flakey - can barely move my face wen i'v just put it on but apply loads of good moisturiser over the top once it's dry and this affect should ease off after a while.

And yer i use it on my back aswel with good results.

The only problem is is that i also have rosacea so can't use it on my cheeks as its too irritating so the quest to cure my acne there continues :(

Good luck though :)

Thanks so much for answering all my questions!

Im glad I can wax my eyebrows without having layers of skin come off Dx