Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gatrgrl518

Does Accutane repair skin???

I know that the Accutane gets rid of acne, but does it also repair your skin along the way?

Any answers are helpful. ;)

~*Lauren*~

since accutante puts acne in remission for a long time or completely cures it, i think the skin will repair itself over time. that's what happened for me at least. it might be a different story for scars though...

since accutante puts acne in remission for a long time or completely cures it, i think the skin will repair itself over time. that's what happened for me at least. it might be a different story for scars though...

Thank you so much for your quick reply! :) Yea, that's kind of what I figured... I have a lot of redness, and I know the Accutane will probably not help with that, so do you just think that it will fade overtime?

i'm not a doctor or anything but the redness should go away while you're still on accutane. it did for me at least, but it was like the last step i guess in the final months.

however, post accutane my skin was still very sensitive to the sun and water (chlorine/ocean). i remember i hated going swimming because after getting dried my face would be sooo flaky.

good luck! and again i think the redness should go definitely go away!

i'm not a doctor or anything but the redness should go away while you're still on accutane. it did for me at least, but it was like the last step i guess in the final months.

however, post accutane my skin was still very sensitive to the sun and water (chlorine/ocean). i remember i hated going swimming because after getting dried my face would be sooo flaky.

good luck! and again i think the redness should go definitely go away!

Thank you so much! And another question, if you can answer, that is: does Accutane change the texture of your skin? My skin has gotten quite rough from over the years of having acne, & I was wondering if it'll make my skin softer when it's all done.

~*Lauren*~

your skin will be flawless! it shouldn't be rough anymore, but rather look so natural. just stick with it. i can't tell you how amazing my skin was my first time. i took it for granted.

i've been on my second for just over 2 weeks and i'm so excited because my skin will be so amazing for prom and the entire summer. it's worth it!

your skin will be flawless! it shouldn't be rough anymore, but rather look so natural. just stick with it. i can't tell you how amazing my skin was my first time. i took it for granted.

i've been on my second for just over 2 weeks and i'm so excited because my skin will be so amazing for prom and the entire summer. it's worth it!

Thank you so much for your reply. :) I am starting Accutane the beginning of February and I cannot tell you how excited I am- and your post definitely helped to boost my confidence in taking it. Sometimes, I wonder if people really understand how BAD my skin is, you know? I cannot remember having clear skin, so being introduced to Accutane is like a dream to me. Really? My skin will be flawless?????? Gosh, that just seems impossible!

yes, flawless. it sounds amazing, but once you're on accutane you may start to doubt it... from dryness, lips, muscle aches, break outs.... just think in 5 months you'll definitely be clear. you may even clear up faster. keep a positive mindset and you'll be fine.

looks like you'll be clear for the summer too! good luck!!!

yes, flawless. it sounds amazing, but once you're on accutane you may start to doubt it... from dryness, lips, muscle aches, break outs.... just think in 5 months you'll definitely be clear. you may even clear up faster. keep a positive mindset and you'll be fine.

looks like you'll be clear for the summer too! good luck!!!

Thank you so much- you've truly been a big help. Keep me updated on how you're doing & good luck to you, as well. :)