Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really want to cry right now. My face is SO itchy from this cream I have to put on. :/ Why cant I just be NORMAL? There are other people who don’t have to suffer like this. Its horrible and its been this way for yearssss! And it doesn’t make me feel any better that my parents constantly point it out or buy me little acne kits which is obviously saying my face is just getting worse. It sucks to just be naturally ugly when all the make up in the world cant cover it up. I hate myself, I hate the way I look. I seriously believe that my dad is ashamed of how I look so whenever im with him I take extra care to do my make up as well as I can.

So now I have to go on this medication accutane that will probubly make it worse before it gets better and dry my skin out even more JUST TO HAVE A CLEAR FACE. OTHER PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE TO BE TOMENTED THIS WAY.

I wish I could feel good about myself.

I know my acne is definitely what keeps me from “branching out†I guess you’d say. Im always afraid people will be staring at my pimples so I have zero to little confidence to talk to guys or just new people in general. I HATE being invited to sleep overs because my skin forces me to say no and I always feel soo bad. I cant possibly stay in my make up all night or ill break out like a bitch. And washing my face for the world to see my natural skin is not an option. I don’t want to sound like a drama queen but I feel like people with good skin couldn’t possibly understand the impact that horrible skin has on your soul. It can bring you down so much some days. :/

Don't hold the crying in. You'll feel better if you let it go. I'm proud of you. It takes a lot to reveal your personal feelings for strangers to read. You must have courage, and that means you're strong enough to defeat acne. These people you meet, are probably not as focused on acne. Do you know how many things run through my mind when I speak to a woman? If I were to notice your pimples, it was only for a second, and then I started my conversation with you. The truth is that acne doesn't matter to me.

You're not a drama queen. These thoughts are rapidly coming out because they have been locked in side of you. This is a great time to say hello to your inner self. We easily forget about the person on the inside, and become obsessed with the outside image. Get to know who you really are during this time. Unlike the outside image, your character will remain forever.

Don't be such a harsh critic, and don't be so hard on yourself.

im sorry your are having a bad day and depressed but jus hang in there.. jus gotta keep your head high and keep trying to fight it. its the best you got.. dont giv up.. i know i havnt, jus hang in there! good luck

If you don't mind me asking, what makes you think your father is ashamed of the way you look? I am only wondering because I know that in many cases, a father's opinion can make or break his daughters' feelings. It sounds silly and ridiculous, I know, but I think it's a valid idea. When girls hug their dad's it's supposed to give them a little confidence boost everytime, and if you are not feeling the affection you want to be feeling it could be making you sink further down emotionally.

Of course, knowing that your father is not in fact ashamed of you wouldn't take away all of that depression of course. In fact, at first I'm sure it wouldn't even make a nick in it. Acne depression runs way deeper than that...all I can say is I wish you the best in finding a way within yourself to feel beautiful again. Every person has a different process of finding the way, and I don't know how much I can help you along, but I'm sure you'll figure yours out eventually.

Maybe figuring out the things with your father will help at least a little bit. I don't know him, you, or the situation, but for some reason I'm having trouble believing that he's ashamed of his daughter over something as silly as acne. Perhaps you are misinterpreting some of his words or actions?

:o

ARE YOU MY SECRET CLONE OR SOMETHING???

When I read that...It was like you cut and pasted my mind O_O

I look at all my classmates and think, why am I the only one like this?? If I had their nice, non weird and oily skin, I would easily be acne free too!! WHY ME??! HOW COME I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS TO DEAL WITH THIS!!

I can't stand sleepovers and sometimes I even say no to shopping trips just because of my skin. My parents are aware of my problem but are painfully ignorant, suggesting that I take Chinese herbs whenever I ask them to take me to see a dermatologist. They talk to their friends about how bad I look as if I'm not even there.

I'm not like my friends who wish they were more prettier or cuter. In my eyes, each one of them is beautifully acne free. I myself am neither pretty nor cute, but I could have clear skin, I think I would be the happiest girl on earth.

Oh geez...I feel like crying as I type this. I guess what I have really been trying to say is that you aren't alone. Somewhere in the world, I'm out there with the same problem as you! Even though you're a total stranger, I feel like we have some sort of acne-warrior bond xD