Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pity26

My derma is the biggest quack ever!!

I met my derma today and told him that I had to stop accutane because of unbearable side effects. He was the one who earlier told me that if I cant bear with the side effects I should stop taking it. And today he said I am the first case in his 25 yrs of experience who has had such side effects. According to him accutane only comes with dry chapped lips & dry skin.

What kind of derma he would be. I almost laughed on his face.

I expected him to tell me what options I am left with and he bugger kept saying Never Mind. He says I should stop considering anything more for my acne, since I am so sensitive towards Accutane.

It was the first day at work and worst emotionally. God knows how and when I could cure my acne.

Pity, is there another dermatologist you can go to? Just because Accutane isn't for you doesn't mean you're out of options.

I think I would have to see some private derma now. As from NHS I could see only him which falls under my area. This means my money shedding continues. :wall:

If he is the only derm that you can see without having to go private, then go back and be assertive. Tell him that you want another option, don't let him to tell you to give up, do some research and then ask for something such as an antibiotic or cream! What have you, if any, tried in the past? There are so many options out there, don't give up - remember, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Considering Dermatology is one of the hardest residencies to get into after medical school, I doubt he's as dumb as you think he is. It's up there with Cardiology.

If he is the only derm that you can see without having to go private, then go back and be assertive. Tell him that you want another option, don't let him to tell you to give up, do some research and then ask for something such as an antibiotic or cream! What have you, if any, tried in the past? There are so many options out there, don't give up - remember, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

hahah i love that, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil."