Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GreatSkinAhead

Life is worth living and it gets better

My scars improved over the years. They fill in. It takes time. More importantly, suicidal thoughts usually stem from a chemical imbalance that can be improved or cured with the right anti-depressants. There may also be a gene for suicide since suicides run in families. Depression and suicide are not that different than diabetes are other chemical problems so people suffering should seek medical help from a good doctor they like and trust. Life is worth living. Someone will love you for you.

Well said, and very true. Don't beat yourself up. I used to think I had awful skin and that nobody would find me attractive. Imagine my surprise when the last two women (one whom I married) both thought I was handsome. I will say that since I found this site, I've learned a lot, and my skin is probably better than it's been in a long time. Sure, I still get the occasional bump, but fortunately they clear quickly and don't get all huge and nasty the way they used to.

Thank you for posting this! I have some scarring on my cheek and I know in reality it isnt that bad and Im not a monster but i kinda obsess over it and it really bothers me. Id be happy if it improved even a little bit though! Scars can fade with time. I cut my skin bad when I was 5 and had a scar for years but by time I was a teenager it was gone.