Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roope

Cosmetologist?

Well it's about two months soon probably since I finished my accutane course. I still haven't had any new pimples, but old blackheads still pop out once in a while. And the old blackheads tend to be huge, and if there are more than one next to eachother they'll clog up and form a weird whitehead. This has only happened a few times, but I'm just thinking that wouldn't it be a good idea to go to some cosmetologist to remove all the blackheads left?

I've never been to a cosmetologist before, so does anyone have any experience of this? Would my face be all red for a long time afterwards? Thanks!

Roope, I'd give it a little more time. The medical material says to avoiding waxing and tattoos for six months. I'd put "acne facials" in there as well only because they're invasive. Maybe you won't have to wait the full six months, but right now your skin is still pretty fragile.

Hey I agreee w/ Siava - you need to wait atleast 6 months before getting anything waxing and facial stuff done.

But I've had facials and peels done months ago - and the facials I had included extraction of the blackheads and whiteheads, it's a bit painful but it's worth it, and it does leave your face a bit red, depends how sensitive you are.

I know how you feel - I'm only 1 month into Sotret and I'm noticing a lot of blackheads everywhere and it's annoying because I dont' want them to get bigger or worsen. :(

I would talk to your derm - but definately go for the facial with the extraction. They are the best and leave your skin so great after!

I'm not thinking about waxing or anything, mainly exfoliation and extraction I think. But yeah I think I might give it a little more time, it's just annoying to still get pimples even though you don't produce sebum simply because a few old massive blackheads are still down there! And after 5 months on accutane it isn't too much fun to see a new pimple come out (and I get all hectic about a single one, even though my face was covered with them before). My skin is getting better all the time though, left side is really smooth and the red marks are almost gone, a few months at this rate and I'll have a "good" skin and can probably live a normal life again.