Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
i love sarah

girls do u over look acne in guys and what do u look for

Bad internet connection? :lol:

Acne isn't a factor in whether I like someone or not at all. Someone with even the most severe acne will still be attractive, in my eyes, if they have a nice personality. I also think that if someone has nice facial features, acne really can't detract from that. You have to bear in mind with any responses that you get in this thread that because this is after all an acne site, most people are likely to be a little biased in their attitudes towards other acne sufferers and less prejudiced than the general population. Even so, I still see clear-skinned girls/guys out there with partners who have skin problems, so having acne is definately not a killing factor in whether you find yourself in a relationship or not. I think the majority of girls, unless they're extremely superficial (how anyone could bear to be with those types of people, anyway, is beyond me :sick: ) will be easily able to look past a skin issue. Perhaps your problem is more of a confidence one than being directly appearance-related?

I think that Sixfeetunder has hit the nail on the head. Confidence. That what I suffer from- a lack of confidence. I have a very very mild problem with my skin but I still have no confidence from when I did have severe acne. People are always telling me how im attractive and a decent guy etc. but I dont have the confidence to believe it let alone act on it. Ive had two girlfriends in my life and both have lasted around a year and I have not had perfect skin throughout each of them. But the girls were with me because they enjoyed my company and saw past what was on my skin.

With me, and im sure with many many other people, its all in the mind. When I look at someone with acne I dont think "Errr thats digusting" or "She's ugly. Look at those horrible spots". Yet we look at ourselves in the mirror and say that because theres this longing to be flawless. Acne isnt a disease, its not contageous and it cant be treated.

One day you will meet a girl who will want to be with you because you are you. And itll be worth the wait.

if the person with acne is nice and outgoing, approachable , etc then there is like no problem. this girl that rides my bus has flawless skin and shes pretty too and she goes out with another boy that rides our bus too who has extreme severe acne like more than cystic type but he is a nice person in general so that definetly helps. im not saying everyone is like this because there are some very superficial people but there are better people out there and in time you'll find the one. just try to be confident with your skin since your probably going to have to be living with it until it clears up so why not make the best of it.

yea but then you get a chance to show the person you really are in the inside like your personality and if she likes it, your outer appearance wont matter that much. but if your like shy or rude your probably going to leave her talking therefore she wont even like you. dont get me wrong being shy is okay but seem approachable and confident somewhat -act like theres nothing wrong and have fun and people wont bother with it.

Let me ask you this; do guys care about a girl's acne? Would you care about a girl's acne? Draw your conclusions based on that.

yea but then you get a chance to show the person you really are in the inside like your personality and if she likes it, your outer appearance wont matter that much. but if your like shy or rude your probably going to leave her talking therefore she wont even like you. dont get me wrong being shy is okay but seem approachable and confident somewhat -act like theres nothing wrong and have fun and people wont bother with it.

Some girls wont even give you the opportunity to show your personality based on your appearance..

Happens aLL THE TIME.

Some girls wont even give you the opportunity to show your personality based on your appearance..

Happens aLL THE TIME.

You are right. Some girls wouldnt give you the time of day. But you have to ask yourself whether they are worth it? Why not forget them and approach someone who isnt shallow and is worth your time?

When you approach someone, whether its because you like the look of them or maybe if its in a more formal sense, you are in control. If you want them to listen then you make them listen. If you want to get noticed then you go out there and get noticed. And think about other things that are affecting your appearance such as your clothes and your hair- the things that you can have day to day control over. If you are scruffy and generally dont care what you look like when you go out then people will notice that.

Let me ask you this; do guys care about a girl's acne? Would you care about a girl's acne? Draw your conclusions based on that.
i would not turn all girl down if they had acne

maybe i really dont know since i've never been approached by someone with acne just guys without it. but i still think that its about how you are and how you approach people , personality over all, and dressing good does help :) just be open minded , if a girl doesnt give you time she isnt worth it so why stress about it. theres this quote i kind of remember 'if a person can't see you at your worst then they dont deserve you at your best' something like that..theres alot of other people out there who really don't care im not saying everyones like this because theyre not but just go with the flow don't stress over one person , theres like millions of people in this world you'll find a person worth loving sooner or later.

I'm not going to lie, the first thing a person notices about you is your face. Then a second later what you say, and thats what makes the difference. I look for someone who is funny, and a decent guy. A lot of times guys with acne tend to lose their confidence and don't think they are good enough, and thats a turn off. Because if your already shooting yourself down, why should the other person give you a chance? I was really attracted to this one guy because he had a great personality, and it didn't matter to me that he had acne. When we got to talking, he told me that sometimes ya there were girls who wouldn't give you the time of day but overall he never had a problem having a GF or dating because he was comfortable with himself. Basically what everyone else has said.

As long as the dude is doing something about his acne.. Trying to see what'll clear his skin up, eh, it's not a problem. I mean, it's not like I'd RATHER go out with someone who has bad acne, but honestly, let me say this... one of my best friends is 26 and he has pretty bad acne, worse than mine, and I think it's actually kinda cute.. LOL.. like it's part of him and it doesn't bother me at all.. if he had clear skin that would be fine, too. I agree with pretty much everything christof said. If you want someone who isn't shallow, it doesn't even matter if the shallow people won't give you the time of day.

I think there are 2 things girls look for.

1.Good looks are important but that does not mean if you have acne you dont have good looks.

2.You must know how to fluert/talk with girls! I think this is the most important thing. I am very bad at it which is one of the reasons why I have never had a girlfriend I guess.

People say girls look for confidence but I dont agree because I have seen a lot of girls attracted to shy, handsome guys. Which is why looks are more important.