Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soapy

New year, new regimen

After trying assorted regimens ranging from topical prescription creams, oral antibiotics, Pro-Activ, and various over-the-counter items for acne treatment (from cheaper drug store items to pricier Sephora items), I am giving Acne.org's regimen a shot (slightly modified).

My current regimen consists of:

Cleanser: Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

Treatment: Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment (will be switching to Acne.org's BP gel once I am done with my current tube)

Moisturizer: Mario Badescu A.H.A. & Ceramide Moisturizer (AM)

Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream (PM)

All of the above are used in the same manner as Dan shows how to use them on this site.

Ethnicity: Asian

Skin type: Combination

Acne severity: Light according to friends/family; moderate according to me (a few zits on cheeks, white heads/bumps on forehead & chin, and recently blackheads & whiteheads/bumps on cheeks, chin and nose and zits on my neck (which I have never had before) - the latter is the reason why I'm ditching my old regimen.

Other skin complaints: Skin looks very dull and rough, looks "thick" although I don't have scar tissue.

And so it begins....

Jan. 1: started in the evening with a finger's worth of BP

Jan. 2: face hurts; first day of applying BP twice (cut back to half a finger's worth each application)

Jan. 3: applied BP and cream too close to eyes previous night; woke up with swollen eyelids, face is red and hurts. did NOT apply BP in the AM - just cleansed and moisturized. white heads on chin look like they're coming out, the 3 zits that I had have decreased in size dramatically. applied BP in the evening then applied night cream, after application of night cream face stung for about 5 - 8 minutes.