Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey.. I don't post on here often and it's been a few months since I visited the site - mainly because I started Aczone and I have seen great results to the point where I've almost forgotten about my 25+ years of acne struggle! (I also take Spironolactone which has a lot to do with the improvement of my skin.) But since starting Aczone two months ago, I can say I haven't seen a single, tiny, random blemish. For me, Aczone has worked better than Differin, Benzaclin, Retin-a, or Finacea - all of which I have used at length with little improvement.

Nice to know there are other people out there doing well with it!

How is this on the face as far as being gentle? My 12yr. old daughter was on Tazorac for a while and it made her face very upset and irritated. Is aczone any more gentle?

How is this on the face as far as being gentle? My 12yr. old daughter was on Tazorac for a while and it made her face very upset and irritated. Is aczone any more gentle?

My teenage daughter has been on so many different prescriptions over the past 18-24 months trying to find something that actually works to improve her acne and also something that doesn't cause all the severe dryness, peeling, redness, etc... associated with many prescription topicals. I would classify her acne as moderate, but persistant. She has only been on Aczone for a few weeks, but her face is already 100% better WITH NO ADVERSE SIDE EFFECTS! Her skin has never looked so good. For the first tiime in several years, she is almost totally clear and has zero scaling, dryness, etc... I almost can't believe how well this new prescription works - seems too good to be true.

hi,

I too have painful cystic acne right now:( this is the worst I have had! I was using differin and ditched it. It was sooo drying. I am using a metro cream for redness now and aczone. It seems to work well for me too. I also had my first PDL laser surgery and will go again. I only have one face. Another thing is going back on the birth control. It seemed to have controlled acne more in the past.

Good luck to you. Let me know how you are doing?

frustrated chic:)

ive been on it for almost 2 months now. it doesnt do much for cysts..nothing really does if they blow up. for normal acne its pretty good..can usually stop a breakout if its not a cyst.

as for me...i have a terrible blackhead problem and pretty much nothing has helped that, even this aczone stuff.

if u have nonsevere acne id definitely recommend this product, ive been on prescription products for almost 4 years now and this has probably been the best. for cysts/severe acne however, i dont think this will help that much.

the main thing i found this product does is keep acne from becoming fully inflamed..unless u miss the spot where your skin breaks out or its a severe break out, aczone tends to keep it from ever becoming full blown. it doesnt quite remove the breakout but ull either see it just flake off when washing your face or just go straight to a hyperpigmentation, but not nearly as bad as if it was recovering from a popped pimple.

My teenage daughter has been on so many different prescriptions over the past 18-24 months trying to find something that actually works to improve her acne and also something that doesn't cause all the severe dryness, peeling, redness, etc... associated with many prescription topicals. I would classify her acne as moderate, but persistant. She has only been on Aczone for a few weeks, but her face is already 100% better WITH NO ADVERSE SIDE EFFECTS! Her skin has never looked so good. For the first tiime in several years, she is almost totally clear and has zero scaling, dryness, etc... I almost can't believe how well this new prescription works - seems too good to be true.

Thank you for the response. I will see if her dermatologist will prescribe this for her. Is it expensive?

After insurance pays their part (and I'm not sure how much that is), we pay the remaining $90 balance for a 30 gram tube of Aczone. Yes, it is expensive. The plan is to get off everything after the next dermo visit (except Aczone and Differin) to maintain my daughter's clear skin... If she uses the Aczone and Differine sparingly each night, the tubes should last 2-3 months a tube.

i have been using aczone for about 2 months now. my derm prescribed it as soon as it came out. my acne is severe to moderate. Aczone hasnt really been doing too much for me, i wonder if it is because im using it wrong? i put it on all my trouble areas at night and in the morning only a little on really bad areas because it is very drying to me. whats the deal? should i rub it in really good? do i leave big globs????

i have been using aczone for about 2 months now. my derm prescribed it as soon as it came out. my acne is severe to moderate. Aczone hasnt really been doing too much for me, i wonder if it is because im using it wrong? i put it on all my trouble areas at night and in the morning only a little on really bad areas because it is very drying to me. whats the deal? should i rub it in really good? do i leave big globs????

My derm gave this to me recently and he very specifically told me that I was not to just spot treat pimples with it, I should spread it all over. If you do it might help stop the pimples that you're getting before you get them.

From what I can understand, they're not completely sure what it is that Aczone does to help your skin, only that it does. With that in mind, you should probably just put it all over your face, in case its not so effective on reducing pimples, but much more so on stopping them before they form.

My daughter just started using this today. She's been seeking treatment for moderate acne for 5 years now - tried many different regimens, including Dan's. Now she's on atralin at night, aczone in the morning and taking 100 mg. of bactrim twice a day. She was also told to use Neutrogena Oil Free Wash twice a day. Let's hope this works. She's just coming off differin - which worked for about 8 months - then her acne really flared up. Any advice???

I took my daughter to the dermatologist Friday. She gave us 4 samples of the Aczone. Maybe that will be enough to see if it helps her face before we purchase it.

I've been on Aczone for about 2 months, with the followup coming up at 2 months. Derm said no noticable improvement for about 3 weeks but for me it was almost 6, but I finally see it. I would get painful cystic acne always the week before my period (by the clock when observing my Ortho Trycyclen pack). We will know for sure in a week but I think the acne is finally under control...now onto repairing past damage - dark spots/some scarring :(

No extreme dryness or redness for me - I use in conjunciton with Neutrogena Acne Soap and I just added Garnier Skin Renew (shhhh) and my skin is so refreshed looking!

It is pretty expensive though--I have good Health Ins and I believe I still paid like $40, however I believe this tube will last the entire 3 months so its worth it.

....Hoping that someday I can leave the house without concealor and not feel embarassed....

Good luck and feel free to ask me any ?'s...

K..so I;m in my 20's and I have been battling with acne for YEARS!!! I've been on Acutane twice! I've tried minocycline, tazorac, differen.....none of that stuff works long term!

This is what I do:

Aveda outer peace line: I wash my face with the foaming acne cleanser every morning and night, use the exfoliating pads every morning and night, rub the spot treatment on all over my face every morning followed by a the outer peace lotion only inn the morning and at night I use aczone small amounts rubbed in everywhere and nothing after it!.

I don't drink milk and limit cheese (link between hormones in dairy and acne) i drink soy or almond milk.

I don't eat chocolate (only special occasions) they say possibly there is a link

I try to eat organic as much as I can!

I take a daily vitamin (chewable from trader joes)

I wash all my makeup brushes once a week, and do not use foundation or cream concealer ever! I use bare mineral concealer and a mineral powder if I need it (mineral powder from whole foods).....AND I READ LABELS (i watch my sugar intake)...i know this seams crazy all the stuff I do but now i may only break out 2 pimples a month..sometimes none! Also finding someone to do extractions once a month isnt a bad idea but only go to AVEDA salons and try to find out who the head esthetician is...and go to them...I hope this helps!!!

My dermatologist just prescribed this for me even though my skin hasn't looked this good in a long time. I went to the pharmacy right away and it costs $162 per tube with my insurance. We decided not to fill it because that is absolutely ridiculous. The woman at the counter told my dad that there were cheaper versions of this that were formulated exactly the same way.

If anybody knows the generic version of aczone - dapsone 5% gel please reply or message me because it seems to be a helpful product for inflamed acne.

i'm on aczone now. it only cost me $30 with insurance (my dad was in the nypd and the nypd insurance is a godsend). i can't really tell how it's working because i'm also using tazorac, but in the past i used retin-a with metrocream and retin-a with clindamycin and at this point my face was wayyyy more of a mess.

My dermatologist just prescribed this for me even though my skin hasn't looked this good in a long time. I went to the pharmacy right away and it costs $162 per tube with my insurance. We decided not to fill it because that is absolutely ridiculous. The woman at the counter told my dad that there were cheaper versions of this that were formulated exactly the same way.

If anybody knows the generic version of aczone - dapsone 5% gel please reply or message me because it seems to be a helpful product for inflamed acne.

What?! My tube costs me $154 without insurance and with insurance, it costs me $25

Hey everyone...i've been on Aczone for a couple months now on and off. At first it seemed to be working really well. Then it started to dry my face up a little too much, so I went back to using a 10% benzoyl peroxide and my face got even worse. So I decided to research Aczone a little better, to make sure I was using it properly and everything. Turns out, your supposed to apply a pea size amount to your entire face, not just the infected areas, and it is supposed to prevent/reduce breakouts. You're also supposed to allow it about 2 weeks before it really starts to work. So about 3 days ago, I started it back up again and already my face is becoming so much better. I now only have some temporary scars that take a while to go away. I definitely recommend this product for mild/moderate acne (which is what I have)...here is what I do every day for my acne:

-Wash twice a day with Clearicil Ultra face wash

-Apply Aczone to my whole face after I wash it

-Apply some aveno face moisturizer with SPF 15 (non-oily)

-Take vitamin D

-Take fish oil with omega-3's

-Take zinc pills

-Take Solydyn anti-biotic (although I don't think this has any effect on me at all)

I have recently started taking all of these supplements, and my skin (not just my face) is so much softer and more balanced (color and everything). I'm not sure specifically what combo of these things it is, but right now my face is clearing up, which makes me very happy.