Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lyonka

My progress with the SA+ lotion

I started using the SA+ lotion on January 3. (I had previously been Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash 2x/day and Dan's BP gel at night before bed. I simply switched the BP gel for the SA+ lotion.)

I had immediate and dramatic results with the SA+. Tone and texture improved dramatically, the perpetual redness disappeared, my pores were clean (no more blackheads!), and I didn't get as oily during the day. The biggest change was that I did not break out the week before or during my period this month.

However, two weeks later I experienced a full-on breakout. Out of nowhere, my face decided to erupt with several deep, painful cystic pimples that were incredibly resistant to anything that I put on them, including the BP lotion.

As of today (1/26/09) I am finally starting to get that breakout under control. I've settled on a regimen of using the BP gel every night before bed for three days in a row, and then for one night using the SA+ lotion instead. I still wash my face with Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash 2x/day, morning and night. I think, given that my acne is caused by both bacteria and clogged pores, that interchanging the BP and SA+ is a good tactic.

I will add more posts if anything changes in the future.

Hey, when you apply the SA, what do you mean by liberally? Like a thin or thick fingers worth?

Just got my SA in the mail yesterday, excited to start using it! :)

Keep posting on your progress, interested in hearing how your doing with the SA.

Hey, when you apply the SA, what do you mean by liberally? Like a thin or thick fingers worth?

Just got my SA in the mial yesterday, excited to start using it! :)

Keep posting on your progress, interested in hearing how your doing with the SA.

Just got my SA in the mial yesterday, excited to start using it! :)

OK, look at this picture:

http://www.acne.org/images/new-finger-ots2.jpg

I use one of the finger's worth shown in that photo. Does that help?

So you don't use any moisturizer at all then? Morning or night?

Also, you said you got really red when you first applied the SA+. So did I. I mean I had red spots, extremely red spots all over my face where I had dabbed it on before I began rubbing it in (took 30 minutes to disappear). I've used SA before and never did that happen. So I didn't use anymore after that because it seriously scared me to death. I thought I had an allergic reaction or something because it was so red. Has that redness completely subsided when you apply it now compared to how it was initially or does it still cause some redness?

So you don't use any moisturizer at all then? Morning or night?

Also, you said you got really red when you first applied the SA+. So did I. I mean I had red spots, extremely red spots all over my face where I had dabbed it on before I began rubbing it in (took 30 minutes to disappear). I've used SA before and never did that happen. So I didn't use anymore after that because it seriously scared me to death. I thought I had an allergic reaction or something because it was so red. Has that redness completely subsided when you apply it now compared to how it was initially or does it still cause some redness?

No, I don't use any moisturizer at all. I don't need to. Unlike the BP lotion, the SA+ is not drying at all.

I was really freaked out by the redness when I used it for the first time, too, but it subsided after about an hour. I haven't had any redness since that first time.

I assume the redness also relates to how much you use. When I use more, it gets more red, more quickly. It doesn't really bother me though.

I just wanna ask. What brand of S.A. Lotion do you use? Back then my dermatologist gave me a clear liquid that is labeled S.A. Lotion.