Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
makeda

I've had good results with aloe

I use the plant not any cream that contains aloe. I cut a leave form the plant, open it and put it on my face, letting it for about 20 minutes or until I see it dried. It has worked for me on new scars. I repeat the procedure every day in the evening until the scar vanishes

Makeda,

Have you ever used it on old scar tissue. Say around 5 years old? I read it works for new scars and that it can lessen the appearance of scars under 5 years old.

I'm really curious now because my mother has told me that she has two large Aloe Vera plants in the back garden and i am thinking of applying the plant juice to my scar every night. I know that it won't help the indentation but it might do something for the raised purple pin marks i have which form the crux of the scar.

I got this from the link below: "Aloe vera is 99 percent water, and yet, it contains a storehouse of nutrients -- more than 200 active elements that support health. In its most direct effects, aloe vera increases fibroblast production in skin tissue. The fibroblasts stimulate new collagen, thus accelerating wound healing. Collagen can be likened to cement that glues all of the body cells together like a large cellular puzzle."

I might try it (After all it's free and it can't make the scar worse) but can you please tell me how many applications can i get out of one leaf. Do i drain the leaf completely after i cut it (like into a cup) or do i keep the leaf and drain Aloe liquid out of it each night? I heard you can even drink the stuff, mixed with water of course.

Here is a good link:

http://www.consciouschoice.com/health/aloe...oevera1402.html

Hey, Will205. I think It'd be safe for you to try that plant. When I was little, I cut myself, and my grandma cut off a leaf of aloe plant and put it on my cut. I think it made it better, plus I'm sure she'd done that before, and it was not harmful. Good luck!

I have never tryed it for old scars, just for the new ones. Not to red marks, but to holes that I made myself while pricking a pimple. A friedn of mine was in an accident and got this nasty scar on her nose, a "fat" one. She applied aloe and it almost vanished!

What I do is cut a little from the leaf, because if I cut all of it one part will be wasted. I just open it in hal, showing the green and slimy part inside and put it on my face until it dries

Sure hope this helps!

Aloe vera gel is my HOLY GRAIL product!!! I cannot tell you what a lifesaver it has been for me. My face was always red and blotchy when I began using the topical acne gels (Differin). This helped reduce the stinging and the redness drastically.

Last weekend I tried Maya's Scotch tape peel (in Scar Treatment thread). Instead of peeling it off slowly, I riped the tape off and since I was on topical gels, you can imagine how sensitive my skin was! I torn the skin under my chin and cheek (where cheekbone is). It was so bad that you could see the tears - channels. It is hard to explain but I knew i was in for scars from the bad condition I put myself in. I applied the Fruit of Earth 100% aloe vera gel and my skin stung like he** :lol: I applied that and Cetaphil. I was red for several days but I continued to apply the aloe every morning and night. Four days later, the redness disappeared and my skin recovered. It works great on new scars but not on old ones. I highly recommend getting a bottle of this stuff in your medicine cabinet. It is well worth the $4. I cannot tell you how much I love this product. Thanks to someone here who posted it on how to get rid of redness :D