Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ono

Do people (especially girls) mind this...?

I was just wondering if any women/girls (in fact anyone here) mind guys having on concealers? What would your reaction be if you saw a guy/friend with concealer on? Would you prefer a guy (with moderate/severe acne to leave his face as it is or have concealer on with slightly higher confidence?

Reason I asked bcos I as a male, have been using concealers for some time for my blemishes /red marks and have wondered what the perception is especially since last couple a years I seen beauty catalogs advertising beauty products for men (including concealers & other stuff to reduce appearance of blemishes/ wrinkles etc) as men's body image is becoming much more of an issue now. I don't wanna sound weird but I don't think I can go outside (eg meeting up with friends without it ). It seems to me that when put a bit on my face doesn't look as bad & therefore I have slightly greater confidence. Am I being a p*ssy or is it justified for men?

Personally, I think guys who refuse to use concealer or whatever solely because "it's a girl thing," are lame, and probably homophobic. Especially if they bitch about how girls have it easier with acne because they can use makeup. I hate people like that.

So, the moral is, if concealer is what floats your boat, cool. 8)

You could imagine how horrible it would be if you were in the wrong type of light so it was obvious you had makeup on, you would be crucified in school!

I remember i was once accused of wearing makeup by a 'friend' in a class at school, he asked this girl to give her opinion on whether i was wearing makeup or not. She said no. I wasn't wearing any, but because i had put acne creams on my face and not my neck it made it look like i had a foundation line around my jaw! #-o

I was just wondering if any women/girls (in fact anyone here) mind guys having on concealers? What would your reaction be if you saw a guy/friend with concealer on? Would you prefer a guy (with moderate/severe acne to leave his face as it is or have concealer on with slightly higher confidence?

Reason I asked bcos I as a male, have been using concealers for some time for my blemishes /red marks and have wondered what the perception is especially since last couple a years I seen beauty catalogs advertising beauty products for men (including concealers & other stuff to reduce appearance of blemishes/ wrinkles etc) as men's body image is becoming much more of an issue now. I don't wanna sound weird but I don't think I can go outside (eg meeting up with friends without it ). It seems to me that when put a bit on my face doesn't look as bad & therefore I have slightly greater confidence. Am I being a p*ssy or is it justified for men?

I dont think concealer classified as makeup if the concealer work also as a red mark fighting stick thingy? #-o

WHERE CAN I FIND THAT?!??!

You could imagine how horrible it would be if you were in the wrong type of light so it was obvious you had makeup on, you would be crucified in school!

Tai, I've been using the menaji conceaer for men for some time & its got different shades according 2 skin color. www.mankindonline.co.uk

True, if u put extra effort on conealing, ie no obvious differences in skin tone, then it should be almost undetectable :-$

ono- that menaji concealer only hide it but dont help fade the marks so realisticly its makeup.... :-k

IMO a concealer is totally acceptable on a guy or girl as long as it is the right colour. You need to find a colour match or not bother. Cos otherwise you are just replacing one eyesore with another.

I guess it's called a concealer if its purpose is to coneal the blemish, be it a mark, zit or wrinkle etc. but it doesn't really fade it away. The ingredients are skin friendly though (non-com..something) I guess its better than nuthin... my strategy is gradually decrease using it over time, so its not as noticeable when i don't put anything on (apart from bp) =P~