Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Saphire82

Poll about Youtube Beauty Videos!

Youtube Beauty Videos  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is there any particular type you like the most?

• Makeup Tutorials
    • Hair Tutorials
    • Skincare Routines
    • Nail Tutorials
    • Reviews
    • Contests
    • Hauls
    • Collections
    • Organization
    • Other (please describe)
  2. 2. Is there any particular type you dont like?

• Makeup Tutorials
    • Hair Tutorials
    • Skincare Routines
    • Nail Tutorials
    • Reviews
    • Contests
    • Hauls
    • Collections
    • Organization
    • Other (please comment!)
  3. 3. Is there anything you wonder or get annoyed by?

• Makeup too drastic (unrealistic)
    • Too repetitive (same vid/different color)
    • Feel that they are just advertising
    • Same video, different creator
    • Not enough "everyday" looks
    • Make things seem too complicated
    • Hauls are just about "look what I got!"
    • Creator gives bad recommendations
    • Other (please comment!)

Ok all you youtubers! I thought I'd create a little poll about youtube in regards to beauty videos. I started watching them quite a long time ago when they were really just starting to become popular and I've just noticed that more and more people are starting their own makeup "Guru" channels, and I have subsequently created quite the subscription list.

I love watching particularly talented people work their magic as it amazes me, then you got others posting things like hauls, which I can stand one every once in a while when Im pretty bored, but after way too many they start to get on my nerves after a bit cause after realizing I just wasted 5 to 10 minutes of my life watching what someone else bought today and think "Enough with the hauls already!!" Ok can you tell I dont like hauls much? And yes I know I can just not watch them, but I subscribed to the person so I cant help but see them in my subscriptions.

Anyways, first about the 3rd poll, just some things I just wanted to clarify about the choice.

6. Sometimes I just thought to myself...she made that look much more complicated or too many steps that it shouldve been,

7. Sometimes the creator could use a few recommendations themself

One other thing I want to ask...do you think you actually learn something from most of the videos or do you think you'll only get a good tip every once in a while?

Please vote! Im very interested in what people have to say!

My only problem with beauty videos is that they don't relate to me. Either the model will not had as effed up skin as me, her skin tone is lighter than mine (meaning the colors for eyes or lips don't work) or too much darker than mine, or their hair isn't as curly.

I love tutorial videos but they never do anything relatively... helpful for me.

i like youtube too! although their skintone or color selection won't work on me, but i've definitely learned a lot about techniques.

I really hate initial reviews without a follow-up. It irks me how some people will open up a package, put the unwashed, unused brush on their face, and then express how "great" the brush is -- a big WTF moment for me. I don't mind hauls as much because sometimes they'll have something that I want to see upclose... but I H.A.T.E. so-titled "hauls" about a single EM sample kit.

Sigh. I am an angry Youtuber.

The thing that irks me most is that most of the these people doing makeup videos have flawless skin to begin with. If I had skin like that, I would not even put makeup. Even the so called videos titled "how to do makeup for acne" etc. the models have no noticeable acne to begin with. So those tutorials are not of much use to me. I like the reviews though.

Yeah, sometimes I wonder what is soo spectacular about seeing them open a package for the very first time like seeing their initial expression is like witnessing a miracle or something, as if that is supposed to be better than an actual review where they've tried and tested the product?

Hey guys. Check out DangerousDe videos on you tube. She has some acne and actually I learnt a lot from her video where she shows how she does her makeup. It helped me much more than seeing people with already perfect skin applying makeup.

The thing that irks me most is that most of the these people doing makeup videos have flawless skin to begin with. If I had skin like that, I would not even put makeup. Even the so called videos titled "how to do makeup for acne" etc. the models have no noticeable acne to begin with. So those tutorials are not of much use to me. I like the reviews though.

wtf? makeup was not created for people with acne you know. you're acting like we have a patent on it. anyone can use it for whatever they want. chill out.

wtf? makeup was not created for people with acne you know. you're acting like we have a patent on it. anyone can use it for whatever they want. chill out.

You're missing the point. I don't have a problem with flawless skin peeps doing makeup tutorials, but after a while it gets frustrating because these videos are not that useful, since the majority of the population does not have flawless skin. Ditto on the acne-less "how to do makeup for acne" bit.

I really can't stand stand some of them. I think it's less about helping people learn how to put make-up on and more about the youtube poster's own narcissism.

I really can't stand stand some of them. I think it's less about helping people learn how to put make-up on and more about the youtube poster's own narcissism.

I agree, the one that gives the best example of that is Fafinettex3, she has had some good tutorials and nice style, but lately its been nothing but hauls. C'mon seriously do we have to see everything she buys? And I almost unsubscribed from her too because one subscriber wrote their opinion about how she doesnt have to show the name of a color printed on the package after she both said the name and has it written on several sources (plus..most the time you cant read it anyways?!?!). But instead of explaining why she did that, she told the poster that she can just not watch the video then. Im like, what a snot!

My favorites so far though are EmilyNoel83, JulieG713 and Itsjudytime. I also like xsparkage, Ricolovesmac (she's so funny) Michellephan (Althought I wish she'd talk while doing her tutorials cause she'd sound more real) and then there are the ones who are supertalented like Petrilude and Monroemisfitmakeup, their work always amazes me. Im sure theres more out there but these are who I subscribe to mostly.

I really like MakeupGeekTV, her tutorials are the best in my opinion. They're pretty easy to follow. Enkoremakeup is very informative, I've gotten tons of beauty tips and tricks from him (and looking at his skin, I think he has had acne in the past... which makes him even more reliable lol)

I LOVE this girl

She's so down to earth and sweet! She's answered many of my questions as well.

I also like:

Xteeener

Monroemisfitsmakeup

Gossmakeupartist

Lollipop26 (I love her voice!!!)

Pincstuff (she makes the cutest homemade jewelery too!)

julieg713 (her nail tutorials are awesome)

ahanhbarbie

I used to watch reiberry (she's gone now?)

meepocow

Oh man, the list goes on... I love makeup tuts!

I can't lie: I go to Youtube to watch belly dance videos, cute kitten or cat videos, and blooper videos. Rarely beauty ones.

I dont like nail or hair tutorials. I dont like to spend much time on either of those things. In regards to make up, some gurus like angeec03 use too much eyeshadow all the way up to the browbone and it makes her look like a clown. Fafinettex3 is so superficial and snobby and overrated. I hate that girl. A lot of the users, if they disagree with something you say, they will block you. They cannot take any sort of criticism because they are so inlove with themselves. Only compliments are welcomed :rolleyes:

I am probably the only person addicted to belly dance videos. :D

I have watched some tutorials that were helpful. Can't remember the names now.

But those young ladies who do a lot of eye makeup videos should realize that all their manipulations of the delicate eye area will dispose them to more wrinkles and crow's feet as they age.

PS: 'Hauls' are just plain annoying. I don't CARE what you went out and spent a ton of money on. Spendthrift! :lol:

Reviews can be okay but they're all personal opinion obviously without any science to back up the review. Most reviews also don't go in depth into what skin type the reviewer has and do not say how long they've used the product and don't say anything about how well the product lasts or whether the product applies well with continued use. Etc.

Organizing vids are interesting.

Collection vids sometimes just astound me at the amount of money a person has spent on cosmetics. I imagine the number of homeless shelters that would benefit by just HALF of what that person spent on makeup products; how many hundreds if not thousands of people could have been fed.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned RICEBUNNY. She's on YouTube and has her own blog on xanga. I'm on my phone so I can't give the direct link but if you go to google and type in 'ricebunny' or 'michelle phan' her blog will come up. She has great foundation, smokey eye, at home masks, cleansing, makeup removal tutorials... Product reviews .. There's so many things. She's my fav. Everything can be found on her blog.

I LOVE this girl

She's so down to earth and sweet! She's answered many of my questions as well.

I also like:

Xteeener

Monroemisfitsmakeup

Gossmakeupartist

Lollipop26 (I love her voice!!!)

Pincstuff (she makes the cutest homemade jewelery too!)

julieg713 (her nail tutorials are awesome)

ahanhbarbie

I used to watch reiberry (she's gone now?)

meepocow

Oh man, the list goes on... I love makeup tuts!

lolipop26s videos are so boring! I love when I express my opinions and people block me for it. I dont care. Cry me a river

PS: 'Hauls' are just plain annoying. I don't CARE what you went out and spent a ton of money on. Spendthrift! :lol:

Reviews can be okay but they're all personal opinion obviously without any science to back up the review. Most reviews also don't go in depth into what skin type the reviewer has and do not say how long they've used the product and don't say anything about how well the product lasts or whether the product applies well with continued use. Etc.

Organizing vids are interesting.

Collection vids sometimes just astound me at the amount of money a person has spent on cosmetics. I imagine the number of homeless shelters that would benefit by just HALF of what that person spent on makeup products; how many hundreds if not thousands of people could have been fed.

I agree. Its bragging and zzzzzzz, so boring

But those young ladies who do a lot of eye makeup videos should realize that all their manipulations of the delicate eye area will dispose them to more wrinkles and crow's feet as they age.

How do ya mean Wynne? Just like loading on the eyeshadow or something will lead to crows feet? Ya gotta explain this more, because I love my eye makeup! :(

How do ya mean Wynne? Just like loading on the eyeshadow or something will lead to crows feet? Ya gotta explain this more, because I love my eye makeup! :(

The ones who pull their eyelids out to use a pencil liner, the ones who tug on their eyelids and drag the brush harshly across the eyelid, the ones who apply and remove makeup multiple times in one day. All those will increase the risk of wrinkles/crow's feet.

Apply your makeup all you want but do it gently. :)

The ones who pull their eyelids out to use a pencil liner, the ones who tug on their eyelids and drag the brush harshly across the eyelid, the ones who apply and remove makeup multiple times in one day. All those will increase the risk of wrinkles/crow's feet.

Apply your makeup all you want but do it gently. :)

phew!! ok yea Im not too rough on my eyes or anything, I love my eye make up fairly good at it and can do it without pulling at my lids. Thanks though Wynne, I'll take extra care from now on!

lolipop26s videos are so boring! I love when I express my opinions and people block me for it. I dont care. Cry me a river

lol.. rly? Since when? Do I dare pull up all the KitCat drama?

And I see you've learned a lot.. wow.