Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MCUnlimited

Nose Blackheads/Enlarged pores

I’ve been dealing with blackheads since I was about 15/16 and they have always been a huge confidence killer for me, the few people I have confided in about this issue have always assured me there is nothing to worry about and they cant really be seen but I always see them when passing a mirror and I am always convinced others can see them to, I avoid eye contact with people because of it at times.

I have always wanted to put a picture of my blackheads up online but on mobile camera or webcam pictures they would never be visible, At Christmas though I got a superb new camera which picks them up, I am presuming they are blackheads but I sometimes wonder if they are enlarged pores left over from the blackheads I had... I want to warn people that this may be gross and please bare in mind this is a zoom in….

Zoom in or not this is what I see when I look at my face close up in the mirror and I am sick of it, despite a minor acne problem earlier in the year I am fortunate that my face is clear apart from this, my big concern though is that the blackheads seem to be spreading to the sides of my nose and my cheeks, It cant be seen on this picture but I am also developing broken blood vessels on the sides of the nose. I want to eliminate this problem and at the very least I want to prevent it from getting worse. I have tried a variety of products but I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Edited by MCUnlimited

I recommend using a product with 2% BHA because BHA not only exfoliates the top layer of the skin but can penetrate into pores and dissolve the gunk inside. An AHA might help as well, or mandelic acid.

Products you might want to check out:

- Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid

- Dan Kern's AHA+

- Nucelle Mandelic Acid

I think the solution to this problem lies in your own mind. I think you should work on your self confidence and train your brain to realize that those teeny tiny dots are practically invisible to everyone esle. ESPECIALLY WHEN ALMOST EVERYONE HAS THEM! You can go ahead and treat them with the chemical stuff but i just want you to consider what i said. Im sure many people will laugh when they see this because you think YOU have a problem, but boy you really have no idea. I just hope for your sake you arent blessed with acne.

Thanks for the responses calla lilly, MountainMan and kimcj86.

To kimcj86 I am not proud to say it but yes I am serious, or at least I was. I am beginning to think Mountainman was spot on with his comments towards me. For years now I have had countless moments when I have been stressed out over this, I have dealt with depression and low self esteem over a variety of issues and maybe this has led to me looking at minor flaws in myself and magnifying them into something much worse to the point it has at times become socially crippling, I am not proud to say that but it’s the truth. Some days I have a positive voice in my head telling me to stop stressing over something that is not a big deal but most often that gets overruled by the negative voice that tells me I am disgusting. I guess I need to start paying the positive voice more attention.

I most likely made a mistake making this post but I want everybody to know that it wasn’t a situation of me just feeling low one day and purposely finding something in myself to pick fault at. Like I said I have spent way too much time over the years stressing over this and I was very serious when I made this post. I did the wrong thing but my intentions were good hearted at least.

I know I will pass a mirror tomorrow and the negativity will creep in again, I guess when I feel low I just need to think back to this post and try not to stress so much.

Thanks again to you all and I am truly sorry and ashamed of myself if I wasted your time or offended you.

i can barely even see them in the picture..just try and forget it. you know you could be having bigger problems like having acne all over.

Hi Carrie. I have read your post, and I too have "large poors" that are dark, and the veins,and also little white heads that are in the fold of my nostril. They have been there for years (like over 20).... for real. And nothing has ever cleared them up. Even foundation or concealer doesn't help much, and shows them as little pin pricks.

I've had laser for acne scars... helped a bit, but then they starting showing again. I then tried ZenMed Scar Eraser and have been using that for a while now and wow! does it ever work. It really lighten them up (because they are not really black heads) and my nose looks a lot better.

The website is:

http://ca.zenmed.com/skincare/scars/Default.aspx?sc=US

I purchased the scar kit, which also contains an excellent dermabrasion product. I heard wonderful things about ZenMed on this site and others. You might find it helpful too.

i have the same problem as you, other people might not notice them but i do and it annoys me! ive tried quite a few things and nothing gets rid of it for me :/

the rest of my face is flawless so they ruin it! also i have recently got a broken blood vessel on my cheek-right by my nose, its really small but what the hell causes these?! and how do you get rid of them?!

Okay, I had to register on this site just to write to you lol. First off, YOUR PORES ARE NOT BAD!!! OMG you have no idea how much I'd give or what I'd do to have MY pores look like that on my nose! Mine are ten times worse. I will tell you though, mine started out looking like that when I was younger. I'm now 29 and I've tried all sorts of things to try and erase my enlarged pores. I agree with one of the other posters--not only will nothing make them go away, most treatments will make them WORSE. My recommendation to you is to simply leave them alone. TRUST ME, they can and will get worse if you screw with them. I tried getting microdermabrasion on my nose--DON'T DO IT! They looked a little better for a week (because all the gunk got cleaned out) but they eventually filled back up and now look larger and rougher than they did previously. I tried Retin A. Again, it amplifies them because it clears them out and makes them look like actual holes or "pits" in my nose. I stopped using it. I went to a dermatologist who told me nothing can be done and that anyone who says they can rid me of my enlarged pores is lying. I've come to the conclusion now that all you can do is try not to make them worse. I wish I knew what I know now back when my pores still looked like yours! My pores seriously look like pits in my skin now...a very rough, ugly texture that I'm incredibly self-conscious about and even wear makeup to try and conceal (and I'm a guy!). I can't tell whether you're male or female from your picture, but if you're female you're lucky because males tend to have larger pores. Also, I can relate to one of the other posters who said he/she is always looking at other peoples' noses...I do that too. I've never seen anyone with a nose like mine. The #1 thing I hate about myself is the skin on my nose, but there is nothing I can do at this point than just try and cover it up and try and prevent it from getting worse. I have to remind myself sometimes that it's just enlarged pores...it's not like I have cancer or something life threatening. They are harmless even though they're not the picture of perfection. But again, I'd kill to have my pores look like yours....you are lucky.

Okay, I had to register on this site just to write to you lol. First off, YOUR PORES ARE NOT BAD!!! OMG you have no idea how much I'd give or what I'd do to have MY pores look like that on my nose! Mine are ten times worse. I will tell you though, mine started out looking like that when I was younger. I'm now 29 and I've tried all sorts of things to try and erase my enlarged pores. I agree with one of the other posters--not only will nothing make them go away, most treatments will make them WORSE. My recommendation to you is to simply leave them alone. TRUST ME, they can and will get worse if you screw with them. I tried getting microdermabrasion on my nose--DON'T DO IT! They looked a little better for a week (because all the gunk got cleaned out) but they eventually filled back up and now look larger and rougher than they did previously. I tried Retin A. Again, it amplifies them because it clears them out and makes them look like actual holes or "pits" in my nose. I stopped using it. I went to a dermatologist who told me nothing can be done and that anyone who says they can rid me of my enlarged pores is lying. I've come to the conclusion now that all you can do is try not to make them worse. I wish I knew what I know now back when my pores still looked like yours! My pores seriously look like pits in my skin now...a very rough, ugly texture that I'm incredibly self-conscious about and even wear makeup to try and conceal (and I'm a guy!). I can't tell whether you're male or female from your picture, but if you're female you're lucky because males tend to have larger pores. Also, I can relate to one of the other posters who said he/she is always looking at other peoples' noses...I do that too. I've never seen anyone with a nose like mine. The #1 thing I hate about myself is the skin on my nose, but there is nothing I can do at this point than just try and cover it up and try and prevent it from getting worse. I have to remind myself sometimes that it's just enlarged pores...it's not like I have cancer or something life threatening. They are harmless even though they're not the picture of perfection. But again, I'd kill to have my pores look like yours....you are lucky.

yu say you have 'tried all sorts of things' to erase your enlarged pores ... could you list the things you have done so far ?

yu say you have 'tried all sorts of things' to erase your enlarged pores ... could you list the things you have done so far ?

I've used all sorts of products, masks, creams, retin-A, and even professional microdermabrasion. I absolutely do not recommend ANY of it. There is no doubt in my mind those things (ESPECIALLY microdermabrasion) made my pores much worse. I now have little ugly pits in my skin which look absolutely terrible and give my nose a rough, aged-looking texture. It's the first thing I see when I look in any mirror. Other than the carnage on my nose my face is perfect. It's hard to accept that NOTHING can be done about it, but unfortunately that's the truth. I'm going to have to live with this and try not to make it any worse than I already have. It definitely worries me though...I'm not even 30 yet and I've seen my pores go from looking like that person in the picture to looking so bad I can barely even look at myself in the mirror anymore. I've literally seen burn victims with better noses than mine. Wish there was such thing as a nose transplant!

well i know microdermabrasion is a laod of rubbish anyway but can you remember the exact creams you used ... just so we know wot to look out for. btw something CAN be done about large pores, and ive been told that by the 2 top scar derms in england (one being my aunt)

for blackhead and pore tightening solutions, I have been trying a product line called 'Perfect Pore Set' by BRTC. Its a 3 step kit that extracts the blackheads and tightens the pores in the T zone.

Works incredibly. I have just tried this set in the last week and it should last approx 3 months.

www.BRTCstore.com

the kit is here

For MCUnlimited, studies have shown that people can feel just as bad about 1 pimple as they do about a whole face full of them. So don't let people saying you don't have it bad deter you from your goal, which, like the rest of us, is have clear skin.

At the same time, yours are not bad at all and barely noticeable, so don’t be so down on yourself.

What type of treatment are you already doing? What type of face wash do you use? I’ve been using SA at 2%. The Aveeno one is the only SA face wash that doesn’t dry out my skin and give me a rash. It seems to be very gentle.

you hardly have any black heads and your pores are small. you don't even know what large pores look like! you should see my nose.

Aperantly the black heads on our nose are not actually blocked pores, but are supposed to be there. Everyone has them. Some people have very little and some are unlucky enough to have alot.

You on the other hand are on the very little side. Apart from that you have a cute button nose that you should be proud off. I wonder though do you have OCD? i'm a long time sufferer too, perfection seeking depression leading Obesisve compulsive disorder. I'd get it checked out if i was you

Edited by onceperfect