Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
githkfxs

Severely Oily Skin.........Any solutions?

Hi Everyone,

Since I could remember around the time of middle school til now, I m 27 now; my skin has been super oily. For a while I was washing my face multiple time a day until reading and from self experience of my face getting even more oily. I ve tried accutance, Yeah my skin was less oily while taking it but the long term affects arent good so I stopped using it. Since my on setting of oily skin different facial care company have come out with oil absorbent sheets which help out a great deal but if I forget to buy them Booooooiiiiiiiiiii. I m tired of this. Just wondering if anyone has any solutions to this problem. Thanks

I too have extremely oily skin. I definitely found i wasnt doing myself any favors by washing with cleansers multiple times per day. For the short term it was great, but over time i feel i was conditioning my skin to produce excess oils. The last few days now i have just used one light cleanser at night, and nothing but water thoughout the day (morning shower and after gym shower). i realize it is way way way too early to draw any meaningful conclusion, but my skin has been less oily than i would have expected. while this isnt an answer that you are looking for, i find that encouraging. but, like i said, there is still a long way to go before i get my hope up.

look of some of the remedies to clearing oily skin. 1 shot apple cider vinegar per day. lots of vitamin b. just do a search on it. should work for ya!

B-complex and zinc made my skin a lot less oily. But then diet changes normalized it completely.

And in the meantime, you could try applying milk of magnesia. It aborbs oil, and the magnesium gets absorbed through your skin which is beneficial. Even Paula Begoun, the cosmetics cop recommends it and she doesn't recommend many home remedy type things. There's a discussion on the cosmetics board.

I feel for you!!!

As far as cosmetics go. I have had good luck with Benefits Dr. Feelgood Cream. It is put on before foundation and after lotion to block oil.

Give it a try. It sure helps reduce the use of the oil blocker sheets (I use toilet paper - which is a lot cheaper).

Hey, i have very oily skin too and a good solution for me is being using BP in my face during all day. Your skin will be dryness with in our case is main goal. Try once to see what happens. Just be careful with sun and start with small amounts to avoid skin irritation and redness.

See u

Hi Everyone,

Since I could remember around the time of middle school til now, I m 27 now; my skin has been super oily. For a while I was washing my face multiple time a day until reading and from self experience of my face getting even more oily. I ve tried accutance, Yeah my skin was less oily while taking it but the long term affects arent good so I stopped using it. Since my on setting of oily skin different facial care company have come out with oil absorbent sheets which help out a great deal but if I forget to buy them Booooooiiiiiiiiiii. I m tired of this. Just wondering if anyone has any solutions to this problem. Thanks

Hey, i have very oily skin too and a good solution for me is being using BP in my face during all day. Your skin will be dryness with in our case is main goal. Try once to see what happens. Just be careful with sun and start with small amounts to avoid skin irritation and redness.

See u

Hi Everyone,

Vitamin B5!! but you need to take around 8-10 grams throughout the day and zinc (30-50 mg) .. it will take about a week to see results, but it works! i used to have severly oily skin, and now barely any oiliness, but u have to keep taking it. if i dont take B5 for a day, my skin starts to feel oilier.

Hi try fullers earth (multani mitti) face mask mix fullers earth with rose water and apply it has a mask for about 10 minutes and then wash off. it helps soak up the excess oil thats what i use when i find my skin getting really oily it makes my skin feel softer after and tight.

Stop washing your face. I know it sounds crazy but just try it. After a while your face will eventually even out and you won't feel oily anymore.

I used to be like you (with very oily skin) and wash 3 times a day. I thought the sebum was MEANT to be washed away, but no. Just let it sit on your face for a few days. Resist the urge to wash your face even if it gets extremely oily.

Stop washing your face. I know it sounds crazy but just try it. After a while your face will eventually even out and you won't feel oily anymore.

I used to be like you (with very oily skin) and wash 3 times a day. I thought the sebum was MEANT to be washed away, but no. Just let it sit on your face for a few days. Resist the urge to wash your face even if it gets extremely oily.

Yeah, do what KingBeta says. I did this too to my oily face. First, it would be extremely oily where light will reflect back shine. But now after 7 days, there's virtually no more oil. I feel oily but when I looked at the mirror there's no trace of oil above and light does not reflect light anymore! It's as if oil is being absorbed and is underneath the skin keeping it moisturized and protected from anything out there!

I have my log and pictures! Check them out.

Have you tried Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for Oily Skin? I have always had extremely oily skin and this really helps. I wash my face with it in the morning and then again before bed, that's it. Good luck!

:angel:

ive had this problem since i was 18 and now im 32

really nothing has cured it only temporarily stopped it like accutane

so unless they come up with some magical genetic pill that's going to stop my excess oil production

im screwed

at least my skin is clear oil still sucks

ive had this problem since i was 18 and now im 32

really nothing has cured it only temporarily stopped it like accutane

so unless they come up with some magical genetic pill that's going to stop my excess oil production

im screwed

at least my skin is clear oil still sucks

Well, I had the problem until I was forty. At least overtime it reduced from grotesquely oily to just pretty damn oily. But the zinc and b-complex made me a lot less oily. And now, after improving my diet, my skin is just slightly on the oily side, which is desirable at my age.