Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tommy2010

And So it Begins, The Changing of My Life

Thanks guys. I appreciate the reply. I hope I won't be the among the unlucky 10%.

It's just messing with my head a little because of all the negative comments on the website. Some people say stuff like 'Dry skin, nosebleeds and acne clearance are effects of accutane. After the course, your dry skin and nosebleeds are reversed, what makes you think acne clearance is so special that it won't be reversed too?' Which kinda makes some sense.

Anyway, I'll try to be optimistic. I'm 100% clear now so I will hope to stay this way.

Whoever said that quote on this website is probably the dumbest mother&$#@$& alive. Chemo patients have their hair fall out, or radiation patients, but it grows back.

That "treated" cancer does not.

Listen to me, not those idiots.

DAY 160

I am dropping by for a quick lunch, but I am so excited to do an extra month of accutane! It only increases the probability of never having acne again.

Hip hip, hooray.

"I am so excited to do an extra month of accutane!"

Haha, I think this is probably the first time these words have ever been uttered.

But I love the optimism and I agree with you about the extra treatment. If it means killing a fly with a sledgehammer, so be it! As long as you can handle the minor side effects, why not do everything you can to nip any future acne in the bud?

Stay strong bud. I just hit the halfway mark of my treatment today and who knows, maybe I can squeeze in an extra month myself.

DAY 162

I went to a comedy zone club and the comedian called me out infront of the audience. It was pretty sweet haha. I got a mosquito bite on my tricep and right under my chin, that's what happens when it rains...mosquitoes everywhere.

DAY 163

I go the dermatologist tomorrow at 3:00 PM, for my last month of accutane! I noticed that a whitehead has crept up on my left hand side overnight. If I get bumps like these throughout my sixth month, I will request an additional month.

Hey there tommy.. hows it goin... sorry abt the damn mosquito bite.. :confused: it will go away. i am on 46th day and trying really hard to hang in there... almost on the verge of giving up. I saw the derm 2 days ago and he asked me to continue 20mg/day for another 3 weeks. My face isnt oily at all which is surprising the derm too. He said that it must be hormal thats why it is taking that long for accutane to kick in. I asked me to up my dose, he said no, that wont be necassary. he also gave me tablets similar to Prednisone to calm my break outs. Asked me to get back to using Saslic Foaming face wash to keep the oil under control.

Last night I used this face cream he gave me, Acnemoist which I suppose you only get here in India. It feels light on your face and wen I woke up this morning my face look soft and non-oily. I couldn't the the CeraVe cream you suggested.. :wall: you dont get it here in India. Looked it up online, too expensive to get in shipped.

So is it ok to moisturize your face even your skin isn't dry and is pretty oily?? I have put up a couple of pictures on my blog. Check it out if you can. ciao for now.. muuuaahhhhh :wub:

Hey there tommy.. hows it goin... sorry abt the damn mosquito bite.. :confused: it will go away. i am on 46th day and trying really hard to hang in there... almost on the verge of giving up. I saw the derm 2 days ago and he asked me to continue 20mg/day for another 3 weeks. My face isnt oily at all which is surprising the derm too. He said that it must be hormal thats why it is taking that long for accutane to kick in. I asked me to up my dose, he said no, that wont be necassary. he also gave me tablets similar to Prednisone to calm my break outs. Asked me to get back to using Saslic Foaming face wash to keep the oil under control.

Last night I used this face cream he gave me, Acnemoist which I suppose you only get here in India. It feels light on your face and wen I woke up this morning my face look soft and non-oily. I couldn't the the CeraVe cream you suggested.. :wall: you dont get it here in India. Looked it up online, too expensive to get in shipped.

So is it ok to moisturize your face even your skin isn't dry and is pretty oily?? I have put up a couple of pictures on my blog. Check it out if you can. ciao for now.. muuuaahhhhh :wub:

I don't understand. In the beginning portion of your post, you mention that you are surprised you are not oily at all. However, a few short paragraphs later, you are wanting to find something to control the oil?

Which is it?

I would absolutely avoid any kind of topical product containing sacisylic acid...not necessary.

hey man, congrates on the clearing, i have been on accutane for a few months now i have tried all kinds on mois. i just want to know which ones have worked best for u.

thanks.....

Hey guys!! I am alive haha. And I have not worried about my skin one bit! I have lost count of the days...so I am calling this day 170.

Here is a pic update.

post-91186-1247621801_thumb.jpg

post-91186-1247621653_thumb.jpg

Tom! How are you? You completed the course right? How are the side effects? I'am finished with accutane since yesterday after 6,5 months. I feel so good, only a little worried that I need a second course after a while but it is what it is, if I need a second I will do it, I am so glad with these results!

Cheers,

Tim

Its good to see that he has not posted in awhile. It means that acne is no longer on his mind. I just finished up a 5 month course today. Hopefully I can be as lucky as him. No breakout and almost forget about my face.

I got my life back.

Accutane rocks.

Anyone who told me I shouldn't have taken it can just kiss my ass. I can finally walk up to anybody and everybody, and feel confident in myself...and not think about how my skin use to look.

Every side effect has vanished, except for the redness. (Which has slightly decreased about 20 or 25 percent since my last pill three weeks ago.)

I heard that redness could take upwards of 3 full months to mostly go away. I am so excited!

This title can finally read "And So This Was, the Change of My Life"!!!!!

Thanks for the update Tommy and congrats on finishing the treatment. I am on about Day 130, with maybe 1.5 months to go and honestly, I could stop now because I've hit the minimum dosage amount and I'm acne free. But I'm gonna finish the next 1.5 months to eradicate this thing.

I got a prescription from my doctor for redness yesterday guys. I had a cough and he prescribed the usual stuff, but before I left...I asked him about my redness.

He then said, "Tommy, do you normally get red or flushed when in social situations or working out?"

I said YES! and he said that is because my blood vessels are not constricting like normal and produce inordinate amounts of bloodflow towards my face.

He prescribed me Propranolol, a generic version of Inedral I believe you spell it. It is used for blood pressure medication, but he told me this low-dose form would be perfect.

I took yesterday and today, and I am already seeing UNREAL results.

It is the cure.

Hi Tommy,

I'm so excited to read about your results! It must feel awesome. I'm so looking forward to the same results.

to your continued clear-skin- Cheers!

I got a prescription from my doctor for redness yesterday guys. I had a cough and he prescribed the usual stuff, but before I left...I asked him about my redness.

He then said, "Tommy, do you normally get red or flushed when in social situations or working out?"

I said YES! and he said that is because my blood vessels are not constricting like normal and produce inordinate amounts of bloodflow towards my face.

He prescribed me Propranolol, a generic version of Inedral I believe you spell it. It is used for blood pressure medication, but he told me this low-dose form would be perfect.

I took yesterday and today, and I am already seeing UNREAL results.

It is the cure.

Would this be something a derm might prescribe as well or would I have to go to a family doctor, whom I hate and will probably want to find a different one than the one I have now. I think my redness is not tane related and is much like yours o.o

Theres no doubt that Accutane effects DNA transcription.

But theres also no doubt that there are a number of people who's acne does come back. Or sometimes it comes back less severe.

I have taken Accutane and my acne came back.

My friend took Accutane in University and his acne never came back.

It all depends on the individual.

Some have taken up to 4 doses of Accutane and acne still comes back.

I hope Tommy stays free of I it. All the best.

Congrats man. I just got done with a 5 month course about a week ago. Lips are still a little chapped (they got real bad my last month) but everything is returning to normal with me. Acne hasnt come back except for one small red mark that went away in about 2 days. My derm told me between 25% and 30% of people see their acne come back but for most of them it is far less severe. She also informed me that people who have not fully matured and whos hormones could still be bouncing around have a much higher risk of seeing their acne return. Hopefully for us old men in our 20's we have seen the last of this. Best of luck to you and tanks for keeping up with a log when I could not.

Oh yea, did your derm tell you to do anything after your treatment? What have you been doing for your face? After 5 months of washing its with a damp wash cloth Im a bit confused on what to do. Also, my derm said after my skin returns to normal it wouldnt be a bad idea to use retin-a for a while to keep my pores open. You get the same advice by chance?

RiptheJacker,

I am still having to use some vaseline for my lips at night before I go to sleep. They have become less chapped each passing day but still not 100 percent yet.

I keep the same regimen, because Accutane has opened my eyes to skin care. Never again will I squeeze or pop a bump (because I won't get any anymore knock on wood). That adds such trauma to the whole healing process.

At night before you go to bed, just wash your face with lukewarm or cold water. Pat dry and apply a moisturizing cream or lotion (I swear by CeraVe cream).

And that is all I do!

Damn it.

I went to a football game over the weekend from 12:30 to 5:30 in the blistering sun and heat. No shade, clouds, water....of any sort for a little more than 5 hours.

I come back home and my face is dark red and semi-purple. I am also developing significant blister bubbles all over my face. I am afraid my accutane course (which ended five weeks ago) has led to this severe sun burn.

I am at a loss for words and wonder if my skin will ever really recover from this? Things were going so well and I thought "Hey, why not enjoy a football game."

Damn I was wrong. I wonder how long this healing process might take, perhaps a few weeks. Maybe a month.

Anyone who told me I shouldn't have taken it can just kiss my ass.

This is the best quote I've read in awhile. :)