Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tommy2010

And So it Begins, The Changing of My Life

Yeah i kinda thought the same abt BP too.. cos a lot of posts that I have read suggested not to use anything topical while on tane and let it do its own work. The last time i was using BP my face had become red and looked almost burnt. This time he suggested to use only for about half an hour. my face is not getting dry at all.. so he said the BP would help with the drying of the older break outs and shed them off quicker. He asked me to use for 10 days. He has given me antibiotics and few tabs which I think are like the prednisone but less stronger. My skin has been healing since the last 2 days and all the bumps are flattening out and are drying off.

I hope the IB is over and the healing process has begun. keeping my fingers crossed... :pray:

And I am so happy about you. Good going. You are almost done with the course.. yeay...

Yeah i kinda thought the same abt BP too.. cos a lot of posts that I have read suggested not to use anything topical while on tane and let it do its own work. The last time i was using BP my face had become red and looked almost burnt. This time he suggested to use only for about half an hour. my face is not getting dry at all.. so he said the BP would help with the drying of the older break outs and shed them off quicker. He asked me to use for 10 days. He has given me antibiotics and few tabs which I think are like the prednisone but less stronger. My skin has been healing since the last 2 days and all the bumps are flattening out and are drying off.

I hope the IB is over and the healing process has begun. keeping my fingers crossed... :pray:

And I am so happy about you. Good going. You are almost done with the course.. yeay...

If you have to use BP for a short while longer, go ahead, but I strongly recommend you stop using it. Being on Accutane for months and months is going to 100 percent clear you.

DAY 153

I am going to try to take a photo of my skin today...it has been a couple weeks. I am so thrilled with my skin! It is unbelievable! I still cannot get use to it.

DAY 154

I am a full-time employee at a VA Medical Center and was forced to stay out in the sun a ton, lol. So I am red, red, red today. Jolly...

Whoa!!! I was just lookin at ur first pic u posted with the accutane box and the one that you just posted... drasctic change.. ur skin look really smooth... the red ness will fade away i guess... but i love the way ur skin looks right now... :dance:

Hey, well with muscles like that who needs clear skin!

but your face looks great, Can I ask I am on 40mg a day and on day 100, and my skin is alot wort than when I started, I started with whiteheads that our now cysts I have forehead that was with one or two pimples now full of big red cysts. My main problem area was my mouth that has alot less whiteheads but a few masive ones still, And that area is just totaly red. Do you think it will start get any better. Im 17 and on 40mg a day. Do you use any other products on your face?

Hey, well with muscles like that who needs clear skin!

but your face looks great, Can I ask I am on 40mg a day and on day 100, and my skin is alot wort than when I started, I started with whiteheads that our now cysts I have forehead that was with one or two pimples now full of big red cysts. My main problem area was my mouth that has alot less whiteheads but a few masive ones still, And that area is just totaly red. Do you think it will start get any better. Im 17 and on 40mg a day. Do you use any other products on your face?

I need to know if you have been on 40 mg throughout your case. Tell me your month by month dosage. I use Aveeno Ultra-calm daily facial moisturizing lotion with spf 15 during the day. At night, all I use is CeraVe moisturizing cream.

DAY 155

Somehow I am going to have to go see my dermatologist next Friday at 3:00, and this is going to be difficult.

I just stated working full-time at the VA and have not qualified for any sick leave yet. :think:

I will call my clinic and ask if they could just have my doctor write a prescription for my Accutane since it is my last month. Obviously I would have my blood work given to them beforehand.

DAY 156

Got to stay inside for most of the day, so the redness has diminished greatly in the past 24 hours. It is awesome working full-time when I love my skin!

Try not to worry too much about your IB, since you skin wasn't bad before you went on accutane it'll probably be pretty mild and shouldn't last too long. At least that's how it happened with me. It'll be over before you know!

did u have mild acne cus im probably starting accutane soon and i have mild acne theres a pic on here some where of me i forgot where i posted it jw though im really only scared of the ib.

Good stuff Tommy! Glad to hear everything is going well! I think it is probably smooth sailing from here on out for you! :)

I am on Day 98 now, and my skin has been improving greatly in the past week or so. A couple days ago it was the best it has been in years... YEARS!!! I have had a few tiny spots crop up the past day or two but nothing big. Like you always say, I am glad the face is flushing itself out now! Hopefully by the time I get into my hundreds it will all be over and I can enjoy that clear skin I got a taste of, for-ever! Frig it's so close! OMG! Yay for us on 'Tane! :) :) :) :)

:catdance:

these are really feel good stories makes me want my derm trip tuesday to get here faster so i can talk to him about accutane i cant wait to start mine cus im 99 percent sure hes gonna let me =]

Yes I had mild acne. IB will last at the most...two weeks.

DAY 157

Skin is doing great, I just try to avoid the sun like the plague in these hot summer months.

Yes I had mild acne. IB will last at the most...two weeks.

DAY 157

Skin is doing great, I just try to avoid the sun like the plague in these hot summer months.

wast the ib bad cus im in public alot?

Hey.. i am beginning to get a little frustrated.. some days my skin looks normal and has no bumps and some days the bumps come back... all in the same place on the sides of my forehead and cheek.. y is this happening???? i am still on 20mg/day and on day 36. Shud i still be getting new break outs??? few of them have pus formation in them like a heat boil.. i never had so many break outs at the same time evern on my face.. i hate the way it looks... what am i doing wrong??? i use cetaphil face cleanser. dont use any cream cos my face is not dry at all..

Hey.. i am beginning to get a little frustrated.. some days my skin looks normal and has no bumps and some days the bumps come back... all in the same place on the sides of my forehead and cheek.. y is this happening???? i am still on 20mg/day and on day 36. Shud i still be getting new break outs??? few of them have pus formation in them like a heat boil.. i never had so many break outs at the same time evern on my face.. i hate the way it looks... what am i doing wrong??? i use cetaphil face cleanser. dont use any cream cos my face is not dry at all..

When I started Accutane, there was a point where I had 11 whiteheads on my face at any one time. They were small in nature, but nevertheless present.

You need to use a cream, ok? Yeah, I know you told me your face is not dry, but a cream does more than prevent your face from becoming dry. It acts as a moisturizing barrier.

Don't be frustrated. The first three months are what I like to refer to as the "purging" process. Stick with it and keep your head up.

DAY 157

It is a strange, but wonderful feeling knowing that I can wake up in the morning without fear of looking into the mirror.

Since I was 14 years old, I always hated the dreaded walk to the mirror when I get up. It really depressed me for so many years, making that lonely walk only to be disappointed time and time again with OTC products.

Oh, yes. I too remember the dreaded walk to the mirror. I would turn off the lights to wash my face but now that has all changed! How long is your course again?

Oh, yes. I too remember the dreaded walk to the mirror. I would turn off the lights to wash my face but now that has all changed! How long is your course again?

It was suppose to be just five months, but my new dermatologist is going to let me do an additional month, just to make sure I never experience acne again.

DAY 158

Attended my step-sister's high school graduation and I saw so many people who were 17, 18, and 19 years old who were in my situation just a few short years ago.

I hope they know about the different avenues they can take to resolve that issue, as accutane has changed my life forever.

I know that my life will surely never be the same, and for that, I am grateful.

Congratulations Tommy... i am truely happy for you.. For me having a good skin is not just for the superficial benefits just like all of you, its for me to feel more confident. I am good at all the other areas in life, but i feel that bad skin holds me back at time. And in a few months that wont be an issue anymore i am hoping... yeayy....

I have posted 2 pictures of my skin on my post that I took 10 min ago.. have a look if you get the time.. those are the only areas on my face I am getting my beak outs. I am going to go and get another 10 20mg pills and look for CeraVe cream. I am not sure if you get here in India but I am gonna sure look. Is it ok if I use Saslic Face wash once a day and Cetaphil rest of the times???

Congratulations Tommy... i am truely happy for you.. For me having a good skin is not just for the superficial benefits just like all of you, its for me to feel more confident. I am good at all the other areas in life, but i feel that bad skin holds me back at time. And in a few months that wont be an issue anymore i am hoping... yeayy....

I have posted 2 pictures of my skin on my post that I took 10 min ago.. have a look if you get the time.. those are the only areas on my face I am getting my beak outs. I am going to go and get another 10 20mg pills and look for CeraVe cream. I am not sure if you get here in India but I am gonna sure look. Is it ok if I use Saslic Face wash once a day and Cetaphil rest of the times???

i have the same probably as u my face is getting me down to im hoping accutane puts a end to that.

Hi Tommy, I've been reading your log for some time and I really admire your optimism since you started taking accutane. I'm on accutane too, but a low dose one.

I'm just wondering, how is it that you are so confident that acne won't ever come back after your accutane course? I'm not saying this to discourage or jinx you; it's just that there are so many posts in the forum about acne relapses after accutane, that I can't help but think it'll happen to me too. However, you're so confident of acne not ever coming back that I'm wondering if you knew something I don't.

If you do, can you please enlighten me?

peteyboy, ever thought about the incidents where acne does not return? they probably wouldn't spend another hour at this site, so I'd believe the dermatologists, and their estimated 10 % chance of returning or whatever it was.

Exactly. I was scheduled for a 5 month course. If I do an additional month, that will continue to alter my DNA's transcription and code, and permanently SHRINK the sebum and sebaceous glands..which produce oil.

If no oil is produced, then bacteria can not live on the surface. It is impossible.

DAY 159

I go to the dermatologist this coming Friday and this will be my last month! It has gone by so fast, but I have enjoyed it thus far! I hope the sixth month has a lot of good things in store for me.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the reply. I hope I won't be the among the unlucky 10%.

It's just messing with my head a little because of all the negative comments on the website. Some people say stuff like 'Dry skin, nosebleeds and acne clearance are effects of accutane. After the course, your dry skin and nosebleeds are reversed, what makes you think acne clearance is so special that it won't be reversed too?' Which kinda makes some sense.

Anyway, I'll try to be optimistic. I'm 100% clear now so I will hope to stay this way.