Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tommy2010

And So it Begins, The Changing of My Life

DAY 141

Still pleased with my skin on my face, chest, and back. It is like 99.9% clear.

Although I could not actually see "it", I did feel a very small bump smackdab in the middle of my forehead.

I tried to find it in the mirror, but really could not see it...so not a big deal. It will probably be gone tomorrow.

I begin my internship tomorrow guys, and will work for the entire summer. I will just have to post a little later than usual in the day.

DAY 142

Guess what?

Last night I went outside to do some things and a stupid MOSQUITO bit me on my forehead and left a huge red bump.

So it looks like a big pimple, but it is just a bug bite.

How long will it take to go away, because I know the healing process has really slowed down because of Accutane?

And I started my internship today and people actually thought I was an employee haha. Like they did not know it was my first day and had no idea where I am going....

Hey . I also suffer mild acne and i was abeled to get Roaccutane. But for me it has so much up and down days. I got initial breakout after 3 days taking Roaccutane . Then it went normally .Never got more than 2 activite pimple. I could say my first and half month were best . Now im into 83 day and why im breaking out ? Could i get second IB ? Its been last 1 and Half week. Today i got 4 new ones i count every little one.Yesterday i shaved and showered aswell . 1 month was - 30 MG 2to3-40mg

Derm sayed my treatment goes 4 months But I dont think so I am not sure that 1 month could get me perfect? I dont want anything besides perfect. Should i up my dose or roaccutane isnt for me ...?

Sorry for asking questions in your topic :) Thnx for any adwice what should i do...

Ask him if you would either up the dosage OR have you stay on it for an additional month.

DAY 143

Ok, so I am pissed off beyond belief right now. That mosquito bite on my forehead looks like a lovely pimple, but it is not!

I can almost guarantee you that it will stay there for many weeks.

Ask him if you would either up the dosage OR have you stay on it for an additional month.

DAY 143

Ok, so I am pissed off beyond belief right now. That mosquito bite on my forehead looks like a lovely pimple, but it is not!

Yo Tommy,

I had a similar situation as you. About 3 weeks ago, I noticed a red mark on my forehead (it wasn't raised and looked more like I had just bumped my head). Then, it started to raise but it just didn't feel like a zit. It got huge and looked to the undiscerning eye like a pimple but to my trained eye, it seemed more like a bug bite (but I never noticed any mosquito, fly or anything bite me).

In any case, I put hydrocortisone on it and it disappeared in about 10 days but still left a brown spot. So ultimately, it acted like a zit in terms of duration and appearance.

I have a question for you: I just saw the derm today and he upped me from 40mg/day to 80mg/day. I had a total of 6 zits this last month (which is pretty good). I think I remember that you had your dosage upped -- did you notice anything different (like harsher side effects) when you increased your dosage?

Thanks.

Clarification: The bugbite/pimple lasted only 5 days for me, not 10 -- although of course, it's taken 2 weeks for the brown spot to fade.

I am just going to let the mosquito bite do its thing. Damn it.

As far as my dosage, it has stayed at 80 mg since my 2nd month.

You won't notice a thing honestly. Maybe a little more dryer lips and dryer hair.

DAY 143

One of the many downsides of Accutane... the fragile, pathetic, weak skin....

I had two instances of this happening. One, was recently and it was also a bug bite, from cutting the grass. It was on my neck thank god, but it became HUGE! And also took a while to go away. The second was from the start of my course.. I was letting the dog out and WHAM!! I smacked my forehead with the door.. it left a huge mark/bruise/raised-pimple-looking-spot that took weeks to go away! The red mark last about a month.. god it was terrible... I can't wait to get off this drug, and have my skin back to normal.. ya'know.. where you can get hit in the face with a basketball and the red mark lasts maybe a couple hours, rather the a couple weeks...

DAY 144

And here I was a week ago, so high on my skin...so pleased.

Now because of a stupid mosquito bite, it looks like my forehead has a pimple the size of a quarter.

It is no worse or no better today, as if it is at a standstill.

DAY 145

The mosquito bite is still present and makes me angry. I remember right when it happened, that it might stick around for a while.

Hopefully the weekend will give it enough time to heal until next week approaches.

I have had trouble with the mosquito thing since I started working for the summer. I got two HUGE bites on my arm like 6 days ago and they got unbelievably massive. They still haven't subsided at all, even with me putting stuff on them.

P.S. Bug spray doesn't work for sh!t

DAY 146

Mosquito bite is starting to shrink, but it will take some time to go away completely.

On my right side of my face, there has always been like a "cluster of pores" that stick out from the rest. I don't know how to describe it other than they appear to be elevated higher than the rest of my pores?

Something is going on there, even though it is hard to notice.

DAY 147

Mosquito bite is history folks, it has vanished. Thanks CeraVe moisturizing cream!

Skin looks great. The right side of my face has a slightly better complexion than my left, but I am still thoroughly pleased.

Got my bill in the mail for my derm visit. Is it me, or do they get higher a little bit each time?

It use to be $71.17 the first month, 73 dollars or something a couple months ago....now it is $88.34 haha.

And I have insurance?!?!

Nice dude. I told you that my mosquite bite disappeared in 5 days (although a brown spot lasted for another week) so I'm glad that yours disappeared just as quickly. Ironically enough, I got a NEW bug bite myself last Saturday on my left temple so I am expecting it to be gone by Thursday. The good thing about keeping my log (which I do meticulously on Excel) is that I can predict exactly when zits will disappear based on past experience!

^^that's pretty cool Paco!

DAY 148

My skin is looking fantastic...virtually bump free at the moment.

I mailed in my check for the derm visit...and I get mad each time I mail one in.

I mean the derm sees me, honest to God, about three minutes and just says "Uh-huh" and "ok".

All I need from him essentially is a prescription with his signature....and that crook gets 88 bucks out of my pocket.

Hey there.. i was reading your blog and I see that you are very regular with it. Which is great.. ur skin looks amazing by the way. I started Isotretenoing about 4 weeks ago. I had mild acne before I started but started getting really bad break outs when I started using Deriva C cream. The doc tried many topical creams but obviously none worked. So now he has put me on Iso, 20 mg/day. I am on my 28th pill. I dunno if the dose is too low. Last time when I saw him I asked him if he think my dosage needs to be increased. He said no, that wont be necessary. I am still having my IB i guess. Some days it looks calm down and some days look angry and red. Right now I have these huge bumps on the side of my face and lots of them on my cheek. I am going to see the day after 2morrw.. The bumps look like heat boils.. with while pussy formation at the tip. Could the heat and humidity be causing all this? and does accutane work after you are done taking them????

Hey there.. i was reading your blog and I see that you are very regular with it. Which is great.. ur skin looks amazing by the way. I started Isotretenoing about 4 weeks ago. I had mild acne before I started but started getting really bad break outs when I started using Deriva C cream. The doc tried many topical creams but obviously none worked. So now he has put me on Iso, 20 mg/day. I am on my 28th pill. I dunno if the dose is too low. Last time when I saw him I asked him if he think my dosage needs to be increased. He said no, that wont be necessary. I am still having my IB i guess. Some days it looks calm down and some days look angry and red. Right now I have these huge bumps on the side of my face and lots of them on my cheek. I am going to see the day after 2morrw.. The bumps look like heat boils.. with while pussy formation at the tip. Could the heat and humidity be causing all this? and does accutane work after you are done taking them????

Hey,

Whether the dosage is 20 mg or 120 mg, the vitamin A derivative is shrinking the sebum or sebaceous glands. Your question is...you want them to shrink faster. The higher the dosage, essentially the process takes place faster.

I trust your derm though, stay the course on whatever dose he or she tells you.

You will not see the "worthwhile" results until month three.

Right now, especially in your first month, your body is getting use to the Isotretinoin in your system. Bacteria is rising to the surface at a rate people have never seen before.

Give it time. Buy some CeraVe moisturizing cream at a drug store, not the lotion...the cream. Put that on your face before you go to bed.

Any more questions, give me a heads up buddy.

Thank you so much Tommy. I appreciate it. Tomorrow is going to be my last pill. I will go see my derm as well. He had given me this betnesole 0.5mg for 5 days, which has calmed down my eruptions increadibly. But I dont want to take pills which wil reduce the break out for a small period of time and then come back again. Doesn't make sense. My skin is not dry either, not all that dry. He has asked me to use Cetaphil face wash. No moisturizing cream prescribed. I will check with the derm tomorrow and see what he has to say. I will keep you posted. I hope I am not being too much of a trouble.

No trouble at all, ask me anything at anytime.

Sorry guys, I was unable to post anything yesterday, but will give you a quick breakdown.

DAY 149

It was Wednesday and my skin looked so good! I still get red and blush all the time, but it is no where as severe. For that I am thankful and hope that once my course is done, it will thoroughly cease to occur.

DAY 150

Today is Thursday and I love my internship. I work with the risk manager of the county I live in, and we sort through the thousands of accident reports and insurance claims that literally sit on his desk.

My skin is virtually flawless, which is something I will NEVER get use to. I will never take it for granted like some people do. My next dermatologist appointment will be on June 19th.

Congratulations Tommy... i cant wait to feel the way you are feeling about your skin. I could never take good skin for granted. I am so happy for you. I saw my derm today and he put me another 10 days of 20mg/day iso. he never tells me how long he plans on keeping me on the drug. he also gave me anti biotics and pils to calm down my eruptions. I told you about the ones that I had on the side of forehead, I popped them. They were ripe and ready and I couldnt help it. now they are flat and have dry skin on them. hopefully they wont scar. i dont know how long i can live with this IB. it totally sucks... but I have to tough it out.... anyways.. all the best with your progress... muuaahhhh.

Congratulations Tommy... i cant wait to feel the way you are feeling about your skin. I could never take good skin for granted. I am so happy for you. I saw my derm today and he put me another 10 days of 20mg/day iso. he never tells me how long he plans on keeping me on the drug. he also gave me anti biotics and pils to calm down my eruptions. I told you about the ones that I had on the side of forehead, I popped them. They were ripe and ready and I couldnt help it. now they are flat and have dry skin on them. hopefully they wont scar. i dont know how long i can live with this IB. it totally sucks... but I have to tough it out.... anyways.. all the best with your progress... muuaahhhh.

That's ok that you popped them on your forehead chaitz85, but try not to pop another bump while on your course. You are early into the Accutane phase and can get away with popping bumps early on, but you may scar if you continue down this path.

I know he did not prescribe you any kind of cream, but this is an "over the counter" product called CeraVe cream. It acts as a barrier for your skin, and you can only wear it at night...unless you want to walk around like you are about to shave your whole head haha.

Typically, an Accutane course will last 5 to 6 months. Rarely do dermatologists keep patients on Isotretinoin for 12 months. Listen, as I type this message to you, your sebum glands are shrinking ever so slowly. This will reduce the amount of bacteria present on your skin, as oils are perfect breeding grounds for bacteria. This aforementioned bacteria will likely clog pores and cause irritation deep within the skin, resulting in a bump or blemish.

DAY 151

I went out to lunch with some of my bosses and it was the first time in my life where I felt comfortable in my own skin.

Yeah I know people use that phrase "comfortable in your own skin" as a cliche, but in my case, it was the truth.

All the waitresses that worked there were staring at me too, lol! They liked what they saw because they were grinning :dance:

Hey tommy.. hows it going??? thanks for replying to my question. I wil look for that OTC cream that you mentioned. The derm asked me to use BP 2.5% at night though. should I be using topical creams while on Iso???

Hey i just realized you are online and I just wrote you a message.. you are a good looking guy.. and now with great skin.. no wonder the waitress was checking you out.. :wub: lol..

Hey tommy.. hows it going??? thanks for replying to my question. I wil look for that OTC cream that you mentioned. The derm asked me to use BP 2.5% at night though. should I be using topical creams while on Iso???

Hey i just realized you are online and I just wrote you a message.. you are a good looking guy.. and now with great skin.. no wonder the waitress was checking you out.. :wub: lol..

Lol thank you. Women have always checked me out, it's just I didn't have the courage to look back. I was always so afraid and discouraged that I just couldn't look at them eye to eye. I would always keep my head down and it sucked so bad, no one should ever experience that kind of pain.

About your BP 2.5%, I don't know what kind of doctor you are seeing, but I don't like his antics. Using a topical as strong as BP on Accutane?!?!

Are you kidding me? Please do me a favor and just stick to a daily facial moisturizing lotion during the day: Aveeno Ultra Calm Daily Moisturizer w/SPF 15.

At night, apply the CeraVe moisturizing cream. Always keep Vaseline or petroleum jelly nearby for your lips.