Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tommy2010

And So it Begins, The Changing of My Life

Tommy,

I looked through the above mentioned log and she said that she applied olive oil directly to her skin, as well as mixing olive oil into her moisturizer. I'm with you man. I hate this redness. I'm hoping that maybe after this month, my dose will go down and maybe help with the redness a little. I was looking at my prom pictures and I can't stand to look at a lot of them because of how red my skin is. Its pretty disheartening.

Tommy,

I looked through the above mentioned log and she said that she applied olive oil directly to her skin, as well as mixing olive oil into her moisturizer. I'm with you man. I hate this redness. I'm hoping that maybe after this month, my dose will go down and maybe help with the redness a little. I was looking at my prom pictures and I can't stand to look at a lot of them because of how red my skin is. Its pretty disheartening.

Blake, I am with you buddy. But let's remember something.

I would rather battle redness than the acne I battled in the past.

Yes, both of those battles are equally challenging, but I much rather prefer redness than acne.

DAY 115

No new bumps or anything like that. I can honestly say this is the best my skin has looked in my lifetime. (Minus the redness)

C'mon clock..tick all the way to June!

DAY 116

No bumps in sight!! Yeah baby!

I am also done with the semester and am about to be a senior in college. (Scary right? haha)

My skin is looking great despite the persistent redness, but those days are almost history!

Hey Tommy,

First off, im glad to see Accutane is going well for youuuuu :dance:

Though i had a question, you said your complexion was red, mine is smiliar to yours, and i am also on Accutane, will our face skin go back to our normal skin tone after the treatment?

If yes..

are you 100% sure?

how long would it take?

and will it be our normal skin tone?

If you could asnwer it would be great, thanks!

Hey Tommy,

First off, im glad to see Accutane is going well for youuuuu :dance:

Though i had a question, you said your complexion was red, mine is smiliar to yours, and i am also on Accutane, will our face skin go back to our normal skin tone after the treatment?

If yes..

are you 100% sure?

how long would it take?

and will it be our normal skin tone?

If you could asnwer it would be great, thanks!

My estimation is that you will notice it within the first week! However, you won't see really good results for 2 to 3 weeks after your last dosage. (Accutane may remain in your system that long.)

Also remember this everybody, Accutane changes parts of your FREAKING DNA. So for anyone to say the acne is just going to come back like it normally was, is in a delusional state of mind.

Bumps may appear every now and then, yes, but to have outbreak after outbreak is not going to happen. (Again there may be a few exceptions as there are exceptions to anything.)

My problem was oily skin before accutane. When I am done with Accutane in less than 50 days I think, my sweat glands are permanently altered!

DAY 117

Besides redness, I know I keep saying it guys, I am 100 percent thrilled with my skin.

Today is my 21st birthday and I honestly remembered on New Year's eve of 2008...I made a wish to myself that my life would change.

I wished that I could look people into their eyes and not feel ashamed. Guys, it has happened. And I owe it all to Accutane.

DAY 118

Still red, but happy!

My skin is virtually flawless besides my sunburned look lol.

Had a great 21st birthday, and it still hasn't sunk in that summer has began! I will be starting an internship later this month, so I am going to live up these next few weeks until then.

(Something I could have never done before my course.)

Good shit dude! Clear skin finally eh! I went out last night, and came home. Woke up thinking 'Yay probably broke out mad from the McDonalds I ate'... but my skin looks better then it did yesterday! The great wonders of Accutane! Yay! :)

Congratulations dude. I'm really happy for you.

I'm only on around Day 31 and my skin, besides the redness and lingering pigmentation spots, is looking and feeling really clean and smooth. I think in about one month, when most of the brown spots go away, I'll look the best I have in ages.

Good luck!

DAY 119

I started glancing over my summer calendar yesterday and estimated that my last pill EVER will be taken on June 18th.

Then I also predicted two or three weeks for the redness to go away.

Basically on July 9th, everything should be gone...chapped lips, dry skin, redness, the dryness of hair.

It is coming really fast!

DAY 120

I tell you those Proactiv commercials really grind my gears. In all honesty, once my Accutane course is over with and have the time to dedicate myself to it, I will try to pursue a class-action law suit against that dumb product.

Back on point...skin is looking unreal according to my family. I just want the redness to diminish or less blushing feelings!

What products are you using at the moment Tommy? And I might suggest the oilive oil as well, just mix a drop or two in w/ you're moisterizer, it really helps w/ redness!!

Happy belated birthday! I know what you mean about looking at people in the eye without being uncomfortable or ashamed. I look at people knowing that they are not staring at my pimples because I freaking have none. I am more confident than I have been for a long time. I am on day 105 and like you It's pretty amazing how it is flying by for me.

Happy belated birthday! I know what you mean about looking at people in the eye without being uncomfortable or ashamed. I look at people knowing that they are not staring at my pimples because I freaking have none. I am more confident than I have been for a long time. I am on day 105 and like you It's pretty amazing how it is flying by for me.

Thanks for the birthday wish, I appreciate it! I am glad you can relate with me on the confidence part.

DAY 121

Still trucking through the on-set redness, only one month and two weeks to go! Basically in six weeks, my treatment will be over and the redness will go away day by day.

No bumps at the moment, which is amazing...

I remember at Christmas time when our family was opening up presents, I didn't even want to do it. I did not want to be around anybody because of my acne, and it really did bother me.

I am glad I started Accutane when I did, because I was heading down a very dangerous and deadly path if something didn't turn around.

DAY 122

No blemishes or bumps on my entire face! It is truly incredible.

I did examine my skin extremely closely in the mirror and did notice a microscopic "hard" whitehead...like it is trapped in such a small state.

It probably won't get any bigger most likely and will probably get washed away once a few days of moisturizing cream is applied. (Likely gone by Friday.)

Good stuff Tommy! Glad to hear everything is going well! I think it is probably smooth sailing from here on out for you! :)

I am on Day 98 now, and my skin has been improving greatly in the past week or so. A couple days ago it was the best it has been in years... YEARS!!! I have had a few tiny spots crop up the past day or two but nothing big. Like you always say, I am glad the face is flushing itself out now! Hopefully by the time I get into my hundreds it will all be over and I can enjoy that clear skin I got a taste of, for-ever! Frig it's so close! OMG! Yay for us on 'Tane! :) :) :) :)

:catdance:

DAY 123

Yeah Corey, once you reach triple digits....there is no looking back!

That pesky little super tiny whitehead has been sitting there pretty for about three days without growing any larger or smaller. Only I can see it because I am so obsessed, haha.

The past two days I have a small patch of dry skin above my chest but below my neck, Accutane sure does dry out one's skin.

DAY 124

That stubborn minuscule whitehead is still just sitting comfortably, no larger or smaller than yesterday.

I get my blood drawn on next Friday and then off to see the dermatologist for my last visit!

Dr. Harris, meaning my normal dermatologist, will not be there as she is now roughly 6 or 7 months pregnant and is on leave.

My new person will be a Dr. Wever, someone I have never met. I wonder if he will keep me at 80 mg per day or drop it down to 40 mg for the final month?

Redness is still an issue.

I am heading to a family cookout tonight and see aunts and uncles, etc, so I hope they will notice the improvements. (But I swear I am going to take a swing at people if they mention "Oh you are sunburned!" lol)

DAY 125

I am closing in on the end of my course, as it is inching closer each day.

Pleasantly surprised at how smooth my skin has become and how soft it is to the touch. Four and a half months ago, it felt like sand paper.

Because of things like that, I was suffering with low self-esteem. It was as if I could control EVERY facet of my life, but my skin.

Think about it, it is the only avenue in life in which you cannot control.

If you want good grades, go study. If you are hungry, go eat. However, you want clear skin? Not so easy...

DAY 126

Friday is when I get my blood drawn...*plays scary music*.

Thankfully it will be the last one.

No bumps, blemishes, only redness...which I think is slightly improving. Perhaps my body is getting more use to it?

DAY 127

Skin looks great.

I am wondering how to divide up my last 7 or 8 pills I have left? Should I just do two pills a day until I run out and just not take anymore for the remaining four days?

Or should I just take one pill a day instead until Monday?

Congrats on nearing the end of you course man. I dont think it matter how you take but I would probly take one a day instead of missing day. My logic is its probly better to have constant intake rather than missing a couple days but like I said it shouldnt matter.

^that's what I was thinking too, and had done in the past months. I will stick with that, thanks.

DAY 128

I get my bloodwork done on Friday, so that is creeping up really soon.

I could not be happier with my skin complexion and tone. I remember a time before accutane, I actually had a small case of one milia near my cheek and throughout this course, it has vanished.

(Along with blackheads, who likes those??)

Looks like it will be one pill a day until Monday.

PETROLEUM JELLY FOR DRY NOSE AND LIPS! FREALZ! i'm on my 2nd month and that's what i use for those and it works pretty good!! good luck on ur journey..=]

PETROLEUM JELLY FOR DRY NOSE AND LIPS! FREALZ! i'm on my 2nd month and that's what i use for those and it works pretty good!! good luck on ur journey..=]

Yeah, that is all I have used for my lips the past month. I probably apply Vaseline 10 times a day, no freaking joke.

DAY 129

24 hour countdown before I get my final blood test. I checked my cell's built-in calendar and my derm appointment isn't until this Tuesday...so I have about five days.

I am slowly but surely getting back into my "old" self in the gym again. For the past three months, I have had to quit halfway through my workouts because of the pain I would feel.

I guess my body is starting to become accustomed to it now.