Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tommy2010

And So it Begins, The Changing of My Life

Hey Tommy,

You're looking good man! Congrats on making it this far. I wanna know what you've been doing to help with the redness you've been experiencing.

Hey Blake, what I have been doing is to always bring water with me anywhere I go. (Especially the gym) I also avoid sunlight like the plague. I even limit the amount of lights I use in my room.

DAY 101

Nothing new has popped up and I am one day into my fourth month.

I can feel it...this is my month! :D

^^I had a very long and emotional talk with my derm about my skin.

It is WAY more psychological than "appearance" wise for the reasons why I am taking accutane.

I don't want to get on the specifics of how it has effected my life, but it was taking its toll on me.

When I heard the news from her that I COULD take accutane, it was the greatest day of my life.

Exactly.

I was VERY strict on my routine before accutane.

There was not ONE night in the past seven years where I did not wash my face, using some kind of spot remover, Proactiv, etc...

It helped keep everything to a minimum, and it allowed itself not to manifest in such a crazy fashion.

If I am a WILLING adult, who was approved by a dermatologist, to take accutane, and I am willing to suffer the consequences...then that is my choosing.

You don't know me and what I've been through. If you did, then you would not question me.

Well, what can i say. I truly understand you, and in my opinon ppl who dont, havent had a problem with acnes.

Like your positivity!!

Personally im on my 15 day (40mg) and stillgoing strong :)

The way I think about it, which also is written in my log: My advise to everyone is to relax, dont worry about all the possible sideeffects. Yeah you will get dry and probably have some headaches, but that might be it all. Most people dont get an IB! For many ppl the worst part of beeing on accutane is all the worries. Think about your skin becoming clear, think about the positive sides, and I truly belive this will help you get throuh it :)

Yo, looks like you're still doin well man. Good luck in month four!! Wish I were there already..

I have another question about working out though - have you been taking protein shakes? I just read somewhere that you're not supposed to take protein shakes while on the tane. Wasn't sure if this was true or not.. I usually take 2 or 3 a day and it would suck if I had to stop..

Yo, looks like you're still doin well man. Good luck in month four!! Wish I were there already..

I have another question about working out though - have you been taking protein shakes? I just read somewhere that you're not supposed to take protein shakes while on the tane. Wasn't sure if this was true or not.. I usually take 2 or 3 a day and it would suck if I had to stop..

I have not stopped taking Whey protein as a necessary supplement. I only take two shakes per day, and that is nothing that would alter your glucose results...

DAY 102

Nothing new again has popped up. Complexion is improving each and every day.

My dermatologist informed me that she would be on her maternity leave next month, so I will see another doctor for my final month. (No big deal).

Your progress looks excellent, truly an inspiration. I also don't think the redness looks all that extreme. I'm battling redness myself and it's somewhat manageable if I avoid the sun completely.

One question: You always look shiny in your pictures, do you take the pictures right after putting on lotion or getting out of the shower?

Your progress looks excellent, truly an inspiration. I also don't think the redness looks all that extreme. I'm battling redness myself and it's somewhat manageable if I avoid the sun completely.

One question: You always look shiny in your pictures, do you take the pictures right after putting on lotion or getting out of the shower?

Ha, that's funny, I was just about to ask that same question.

???

so u've noticed no ill effects from continuing to take protein shakes? I wanna get back on them, as i've been off for 5 months and its hard to make gains now.

DAY 103

I am always wearing moisturizing lotion, whether it is morning, noon, or night...it always on my face.

So I am sure that is why my face always looks shiny, is it a bad thing?

Sidebar: So I was taking a shower early this morning, and I always softly rub my fingers over my face...amazed at how smooth it is!

But today I felt a little raised bump on my forehead..hope it dries up and will go away ASAP lol.

Other than that, I am pleased.

so u've noticed no ill effects from continuing to take protein shakes? I wanna get back on them, as i've been off for 5 months and its hard to make gains now.

No ill effects Jim.

I'm giving you the green light!

I'm sure you've already mentioned it somewhere throughout this log, but what moisturizer(s) are you currently using? And is it doing a good job keeping the dryness at bay?

I use Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Lotion w/ SPF 15 during the day and only CeraVe moisturizing cream at night.

DAY 104

You know how celebrities tend to die in groups of three?

Well, I have a trio of bumps right now...although small ones.

One, which I mentioned yesterday, is on my forehead and may not reach a full whitehead.

The second one is in between my eyebrows and is already a substantially large whitehead.

And the final one is actually on top of my top lip and it sucks.

_________

For anyone who may know this, please feel free to answer:

I am doing a five month course, and after taking my final pill at the end of that fifth month...what do I expect in the days and weeks ahead?

Will my lips not be chapped two, three weeks later? Will nosebleeds die down in that time frame? Redness?

well my course was a lot less intense than yours but I've been off the pills for a week now and there's definitely been a decrease in side effects. I hardly have to put vaseline on my lips and no dry skin at all (although I sitll moisturise)

My derm said to keep the routine up for a month after stopping

DAY 105

Ironically, all three of these bumps are now on their road to recovery...but there may be a rather large bump appearing near my left sideburn.

Obviously I always slowly rub my fingers over my face and felt a substantial "lump" or bump rising from underneath.

Weird how I can predict when these things come about. I am just glad I am getting this crap out of my system now, rather than suffer with it over for God knows how many years.

DAY 106

No drastic changes from yesterday until today. I am relatively pleased with my skin right now, but I know it will continue to improve...

And who doesn't want that??

:clap: :dance: yayy :]

i hope it stays like this good now! best of luck!

:dance:

DAY 107

If I could just get rid of the redness, I would be 110% pleased with everything thus far.

There are some left over bumps that can still be seen visually, but they have not been "active" since like February.

Anyone experience this?

:clap: :dance: yayy :]

i hope it stays like this good now! best of luck!

:dance:

DAY 107

If I could just get rid of the redness, I would be 110% pleased with everything thus far.

There are some left over bumps that can still be seen visually, but they have not been "active" since like February.

Anyone experience this?

I know exactly what you mean man. I have one bump on my left cheeck and one at my right eye who are there since week 2 , iam now in week 12. How much do you weight Tom? And how is 60mg with lifting weight?

I weigh 157 pounds, and have lost a legitimate 5 pounds since being on my course.

Joints ache and pop every single rep of every set. My back hurts when I wake up in the morning, but it slowly goes away once the day progresses.

However, I would suffer from those side effects every day of my life for clear skin.

DAY 108

Shortly before going to bed I immediately felt like I was going to die. I could feel my body temperature dropping, so I added an additional blanket or two on top of my covers for more support.

I woke up this morning with a monster headache and had to miss my TUE-THUR class sessions, which is the final day before the final exams.

There is still a small bump on my upper lip, and it has reappeared as a small whitehead for the third time in five days.

Hopefully that will fully go away soon.

DAY 109

Felt a little bit better when waking up this morning, still not 100 percent mentally or physically.

But hey, I am still going to live my normal life. I have to fight through it.

Small bump on my upper lip is still a whitehead...will likely be gone by Sunday or Monday in my estimation.

There looks like a potential whitehead near my cheekbone on the right hand side of my face.

Other than that, everything is going pretty smoothly.

DAY 110

The whitehead on my top lip is now RIP. Burn baby burn....haha

No new bumps on the horizon, so that is really exciting.

My lips need vaseline like every 30 minutes it seems...

DAY 111

No active bumps at the moment, just suffering from redness and chapped lips.

I have to finish a 10 page paper today and start studying for final exams this week.

Then the summer time....woohoo

DAY 112

Still having a hard time with induced redness, just counting down the days until I am done with Accutane and watch the redness subside!

No real new bumps or whiteheads, which is always a plus.

DAY 113

No new bumps on the horizon, loving that!

Redness is still an ongoing dilemma...but I am inching closer and closer to the end of Accutane and won't have to worry about it anymore.

Hey Tom,

Maybe this is some hope for you. Sophienna was suffering from redness too and she used the product called olive oil and directly her redness was gone: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/accutane-log-t209400.html . Maybe this is some hope for you!

Regards,

Tim

Thanks Tim but her log is almost 20 pages in length and gave up trying to find exactly what she used and how she used it?

Sophiena, get in here...haha

DAY 114

I am making great progress in my opinion; no new bumps of any kind...

Still, redness is something I am trying to truck through for about 7 to 8 more weeks.

I took two finals this morning and have 2 finals tomorrow and 2 finals on Friday.