Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

why do u think it is girls seem to like guys with acne but guys do not like girls with acne even if they have it i mean really if i like a girl i would like her for her

because guys are shallow creatures, and girls are usually looking for more than looks in a guy. I know this guy who is a pizza face and has the hottest girlfriends ever but you are right I have yet to see a hot guy (no homo) going with a girl with acne.

i agree, i think some guys are way to superficial and go by on looks only

girls are more emotional and look for something deeper then just outer beauty.

You cannot help who you are attracted to or not, you just are, and this goes for men and women. Men do focus more on a woman's outer appearance but that's just how we are, it isn't a conscious decision it's one of the many differences between the genders. Men and women are "similar" but we're definitely not the same.

Everyone is superficial to some extent, lets not pretend that men are somehow the immoral sex because of it. I just get tired of all the male bashing that goes on, and you know it's bad when men start bashing other men.

im sorry if that comment offended you.

from what i've gatherd so far and from talking with my guy friends

they go for looks first, not saying later on they grow to love more then that.

i also think age has a lot to do with it. I think as girls or guys grow up and mature they come to relieze that there is more to someone then appearance. But for right now my age group people are very superficial.

(again these are my personal opinions, but so no one freaks out like other threads haha.)

these threads make no sense. how can you generalize an entire gender?

i've had acne all my life (up before accutane) and i have NEVER had a problem getting guys.

This is a good question, but it doesn't have much to do with nutrition and holistic approaches to acne, let me move this to the Emotional and Psychological Affects of Acne forum for you!

There's a lot more shallow males then females in this messed up society. It might seem weird but you can put all that blame on television, radio and magazines.

ooooooh boy.

Alrightie, let's please, pretty please, pretty please with cherries and whipped cream and those neat sprinkles (rainbow AND chocolate) not turn this into a fat bashing thread?

Pleeeeassseeeee????????????

i also think age has a lot to do with it. I think as girls or guys grow up and mature they come to relieze that there is more to someone then appearance. But for right now my age group people are very superficial.

Well, I am part of that aging age group (moving into my 30's quite quickly here) and it's really not so much that people my own age are repulsive. Hell, I've got the hots for Anthony Stewart Head, and that actor is nearly 60.

People DO mature as they get older and realize that looks aren't everything. Of course people do judge on appearence, that is, as you said, human nature. But in general, as you get older, one realizes that there are also other influences to that judgement.

I adore Anthony Stewart Head, but I somehow doubt that him and I would get along as well as my husband and I have the for the last 10 years. An attractive person will make me turn my head, that's for sure - but it takes much more than simple good looks to keep my interest.

There's a lot more shallow males then females in this messed up society. It might seem weird but you can put all that blame on television, radio and magazines.

dude seriously. My college is full of people with hella good skin and you could probably walk like past acouple of hundreds of people and find no one with acne. wtf lol.

Are you saying you could care less about a guys appearance? People become less "picky" as they age because of the simple fact that they're getting older, losing their looks and they may well end up lonely if they don't compromise. Everyone is superficial it isn't just your age group, but most people either don't see it or don't want to admit it.

No offense taken (if you were referring to me, lol) I'm always up for a good discussion.

im not saying i could care less because of course i need to be attracted to the person im with, everyone has their own preference i guess. Someone i find attractive could be totally different then who my friend finds attractive. Also just from watching and listening to people i think guys are more superficial, maybe its just the people i've been around but thats just what i think.

and p.s i've never had problems getting guys either just to clear that up lol.

im just way to self concious to ever let it go anywhere.

I don't know why that is. It may be coincidence, or other factors like personality or outgoing-ness (pardon my poor grammar), and because acne-sufferers tend to be self conscious, we attribute a lack of attention from the other sex to our skin condition. Same thing could go for any other aesthetic "flaw"- weight, height, muscularity, hair color/style, etc. (I'm speaking about both guys and girls who feel unnoticed by the opposite sex.)

I know I've never had a "real" boyfriend or been on a "real" date, and I've had acne the past 5 yrs (hopefully, that will change soon! can't wait to start my doc's new prescribed regimen!)