Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

yep, i tried it, it worked for me, did exactly what it said on the tin so to speak. I had fairly bad cystic acne, and now i dont have a single spot on my face :D

The only bad thing about this lamp they dont appear to have very good customer services, i know of another acne.org member who is having real problems even getting in touch with them.

If you have any further questions regarding the lamp, let me know.

Adam

do your research first.

read about the clearlight machine and read theinfo they have, and ask a doctor, too. if you find any independent info please share.

I read a clinical study conducted by Dr Tony Chu of Hammersmith Hospital (london) who conducted tests on the dermalux machine. As I remember, it was around 80% successful for teenage acne (less so for adult acne) - and this was using the dermalux machine daily for around 8 weeks combined with using BP as well.

To quote from the web site

The combination of red and blue light, as used in the DermaLux AV, gave the best results reducing the activity of acne by over 75% after a 12 week period and these results were better than those seen with the 5% benzoyl peroxide treatment.

i would say it took perhaps a week longer that the 12 stated for me but around 3 months is right.

Also i was 22 when i started using, so i probably had adult acne.

Adam

hmmm....i see a couple different options as far as those lamps go. any idea which brand is more effective? has anyone done any research on this topic? to recap, there is available the:

DermaLux http://www.dermalux.co.uk/

Verilux http://www.healthytan.com/vl-acnelight.htm

AcneLamp http://www.acnelamp.com/acnelamp_001.htm

they all seem to work on the same principle, but i could only assume one is better. has anyone compared the specs to these three? perhaps one is more intense?

to be honest i had know idea there were so many, im gonna do some comparisions. I used the dermulux because i saw a few articles in the media on it here it the UK.

Adam

i'd compare the tested results with clearlight, in terms of the lamp they used in stuides do. to there website fot their research

aloso on www.google.com do a blue light acne search

the imporatn things i know are the range of blue light

and their is a certain amout of power needed to get a strong enough light ray.

Dima-Tech Inc. has performed its own internal comparison and has found that Acne Lamp emits 33 times, or 3300% more blue light than the Verilux Happy Skin Acne Lamp.

Why, because Acne Lamp uses Patent Pending LED technology to emit its wavelengths. 100 percent of the light emitted by Acne Lamp is the desired blue and red wavelengths. Verilux and Dermalux both use florescent tubes to produce their wavelength. Not only do they produce the desired Blue and Red Wavelengths but the florescent tube produces most of the other wavelengths at the same time. That means that only fraction of light emitted from the florescent tubes is the desired blue and red wavelengths.

90 days Satisfaction Guarantee

2 Years Limitted Warranty

5 Years Limitted Waranty on Lamp Bulbs

:D www.acnelamp.com

so which one sounds the best do you think??? cuz i have no idea....and should people with mild/moderate acne use this? does it do any good on spots on the face?

SymphonyX - yeah its good for mild/moderate acne. The acnelamp sounds a good price, it also seems that u can do other stuff while using it which is nice. Look at the web sites and make your choice on what u read. They all have stats etc to back up there claims.

Adam

No. Acne Lamp uses blue light to kill bacteria and red light to reduce inflamation. It does not control the amount of oil produced. I recommend Clinac O.C. Oil control Gel. You can order it at any Pharmacy. It is sold over the counter. Manufactured by Ferndale Labratories Inc.

:) www.acnelamp.com