Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kaitlynanne

I think pro-active was a HUGE mistake.

I never was going to try pro active but I know people who swear by it and told me that it was amazing so I decided why not and give it a try. It has made my skin so much worse and now i have way more red marks left over then ever before. Im so frustrated. I never heard such bad things about proactive until I came on to this site and now I see why. Im so angry and tired of using different products. I guess the last thing is to try dan's products but Im just so negative right now that im sure it wont help me at all.

running out of hope.

proactive was awful for me as well. maybe it's time to try prescription topicals? you dont always have to go to a derm to get something like benzaclin, etc, i got it from my family doctor back in the day...

proactive was awful for me as well. maybe it's time to try prescription topicals? you dont always have to go to a derm to get something like benzaclin, etc, i got it from my family doctor back in the day...

im not really familiar with prescription tropicals.

do you mind explaining what that is?

go to a dermatologist, they'll find something for you, probably better then anything over the counter that you can get, unless your acne isnt even that bad. Then never mind what I said, unless it is really bothering you, then yeah, I would say to go to a dermatologist!

I still use Proactiv, but in a DRASTIC different fashion than I use to.

Back in 2007, I would use the product ALL over my face and not on just blemishes and stuff.

And it caused my face to suffer from a mild case of rosacea.

So roughly in August of 2007, I decided to use it solely on some bumps I may get and it works more effectively.

just got home from trying to return my proactive

im so beyond mad right now its not funny.

I spent $115 on the whole thing because i bought the moistizer and skin lightning lotion.

I gave my mom the reciept because i knew i woul lose it. But turns out she did.

So I couldn't return it. The lady goes basically i've been told to tell you to call them directly.

Im like ok well are they going to do anything, shes like no.

She said they get a million calls a day complaing about the return policy.

Then i said well dont you think something of that if a "million" people are calling in maybe your product sucks? she said no it works for 97% of people.

Whatever, there dumb, i hate proactive and biggest mistake.

Blu-u light treatment, waste of time and money out over a $1000 for that.

will this ever end? sooo frustrated!

I spent $115 on the whole thing because i bought the moistizer and skin lightning lotion.

So I couldn't return it. The lady goes basically i've been told to tell you to call them directly.

Then i said well dont you think something of that if a "million" people are calling in maybe your product sucks? she said no it works for 97% of people.

I honestly feel sorry for you

aaah, pretty self explanitory. they are topical lotions that have prescription medication in them. the example i gave is a combination of BP and clindamycin, which is an antibiotic. there are also retinoids like retin-a which resurface the skin and purge your pores of impurities.

go see your doctor.

I honestly feel sorry for you

im sure you do, please do not comment on my threads.

aaah, pretty self explanitory. they are topical lotions that have prescription medication in them. the example i gave is a combination of BP and clindamycin, which is an antibiotic. there are also retinoids like retin-a which resurface the skin and purge your pores of impurities.

go see your doctor.

i will do that, thanks again.

I was being honest for what it's worth. I won't post again in one of your threads

But good luck for what it's worth trying to cure something from the outside that starts on the inside.

Washing and waxing your car will never ever change the oil.

I was being honest for what it's worth. I won't post again in one of your threads

But good luck for what it's worth trying to cure something from the outside that starts on the inside.

Washing and waxing your car will never ever change the oil.

i dont even know why i feel the need to explain this but i do.

no one is sure or not is what you eat has anything t do with your skin.

im not saying it does or doesn't because i big part of me believes it does.

i have been a strict vegetarian for the past year and a hald, and my acne has got worse not better.

I do not eat a lot of greasy or sugary food, you keep going on about the sugar.

I've cut milk out of my diet, and also take supplements daily.

It might start from the inside but you need to treat the exsisting acne while its there and also help prevent it.

Using certain cleansers and treatment can be helpful.

I also think i've heard the car reference about five times now from you.

So im not saying your whole "sugar" thing is wrong, but something that has worked for you

doesn't work for everyone. Everyone repsonds differently.

I'm sorry to read about your horrible experience with proactiv. I haven't used that product since high school, and it didn't work for my acne either. I liked reading that you're eating healthy which is always good. Are you going to visit your dermatologist, or will you give the org regimen a try?

i think im going to do both.

i really have a good feeling about dans regimen, so im going to order it tonight.

i really hate usingmy credit card online but im going have to suck it up :)

im thinking about making a appt with the derm i saw a few months ago.

i really didn't like him but it took so long to get an appt with him i dont think i want wait another 4 months to see someone else. I started the acv therapy last night for the first time. and i must say it taste horrible.

I added some mayple syurp to it not too bad.

Im not going to give yup though i dont really have a choice haha.

Hi.

I have a few suggestions I hope may help you.

One is,if you dont like your dermatologist,or feel he doesnt take you seriously,you should really try to find a new one.You dont always have to wait 4 months to see one.My derm,the Longest I wait is usually only two weeks.

Not all dermatologists are created equal.I went to one who charged 130 just for the visit and sent me home telling me to wash my face more! I wanted to cry! If it's an insurance issue,call the numer on the back of your card and you should be able to get someone else.

Sometimes it takes a few trys before you find one who works with you and listens to you.

I also wanted to ask you,How long were you on PROACTIV? I tried it and hated it too.It broke me out so freaking bad,and I was told that was because it brings out everything underneath the skin first and it can take up to 3 months before you really see results. (funny,because their commercials make it seem as though the miracle happens overnight!!)

I used it 6 months and all it really did was irratate my face more.

Sucks they wouldnt take it back for you.I cant beleive you paid so much.I spent 60 on the whole package and now I see it on tv for only 20 dollars! Must not work that great,huh?

Dont feel like there is something wrong with you because the B**** said it works for 97% of people.She gets paid to spout those LIES.

Hi.

I have a few suggestions I hope may help you.

One is,if you dont like your dermatologist,or feel he doesnt take you seriously,you should really try to find a new one.You dont always have to wait 4 months to see one.My derm,the Longest I wait is usually only two weeks.

Not all dermatologists are created equal.I went to one who charged 130 just for the visit and sent me home telling me to wash my face more! I wanted to cry! If it's an insurance issue,call the numer on the back of your card and you should be able to get someone else.

Sometimes it takes a few trys before you find one who works with you and listens to you.

I also wanted to ask you,How long were you on PROACTIV? I tried it and hated it too.It broke me out so freaking bad,and I was told that was because it brings out everything underneath the skin first and it can take up to 3 months before you really see results. (funny,because their commercials make it seem as though the miracle happens overnight!!)

I used it 6 months and all it really did was irratate my face more.

Sucks they wouldnt take it back for you.I cant beleive you paid so much.I spent 60 on the whole package and now I see it on tv for only 20 dollars! Must not work that great,huh?

Dont feel like there is something wrong with you because the B**** said it works for 97% of people.She gets paid to spout those LIES.

i was using it for a month and a half, i dont know it judt didn't feel right when i was putting it on my face lol but i love the refing mask its awsome. I know its not the girls fault cause its her job but it just makes sense to me if people keep returning it, maybe it doesn't work.? Im going to make a derm appt today. thanks for the advice!

proactive good for me the first year and it kept it away, but later it made it much worse in the areas i applied it

my story sounds very similar to yours.

my acne was mild, and i flipped out and started using proactive.

i used it for about a month and a half as well,

and it did nothing but irritate my skin and make my acne worse AND even prolong my red marks.

i am also a strict vegetarian and eat rather healthy, doesn't do a whole lot of my acne.

eliminating sugars does help a lot,

and green leafy vegetables help reduce red marks,

but you're right, its different for everyone.

i wish you the best of luck in trying to find your cure.

feel free to pm me whenever you want to talk/ask questions.

The same thing happened to me, I am so upset....now I got acne on my cheeks where I never had it before, I only used it for 2 weeks and I stopped using it 2 and half months ago and it still looks bad....I have a derm app next week and I am also going back to my old birth control next week...

I do not understand why it made me break out so much on my cheeks where I never had acne before....it also gave me a lot of whiteheads on my cheeks which are slowly turning into pimples, not to mention how many red marks I have right now....I can't even look at my old pics anymore, makes me too depressed....a total nightmare...

my story sounds very similar to yours.

my acne was mild, and i flipped out and started using proactive.

i used it for about a month and a half as well,

and it did nothing but irritate my skin and make my acne worse AND even prolong my red marks.

i am also a strict vegetarian and eat rather healthy, doesn't do a whole lot of my acne.

eliminating sugars does help a lot,

and green leafy vegetables help reduce red marks,

but you're right, its different for everyone.

i wish you the best of luck in trying to find your cure.

feel free to pm me whenever you want to talk/ask questions.

thanks so much for you input.

my skin is actually clearing up right now and im quite pleased.

weridd. but of course you can pm if you ever want to talk.

thanks again!