Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

removing make up

Hey everyone! Im just wondering what you all use to remove your make up. I pretty much just wash my face and I dont use a make up remover. I need ideas.

i use mac's cleanse-off oil and follow up with cetaphil gentle cleaner. i absolutely love cleansing oil. they're awesome at gently removing make-up without drying out your skin. :wub:

Generally I dont use any makeup remover before washing my face, I just make sure I rinse first with warm water, but I use almay's line smoothing cream foundation which isnt really heavy so if you use a heavy foundation like colorstay or something, you probably either do a pre-wash with the same cleanser or use some makeup remover wipes, Im planning to get Almay's since they are non-irritating and fragrance free (according to reviews) for my lazy days when I just wanna crash in my bed.

hey!

i also use MAC cleanse off oil. the clear bottle with the black pump.

i wash my hands first, then dry them, then use the oil dry on my face to get the makeup off. then i rinse with warm water then use whatever face wash after then use a moisturizer.

i've been using the cleanse off oil for awhile now. since like July. i like it, but i want to experiment with other things as well.

i used to use the MAC wipes, they're okay too, but kinda rough on your skin. i've used neutrogena wipes and the wal mart brand wipes and they're way too rough for me so i decided to try an oil.

goood luck. :wub:

Olay Deep Cleansing cloths are awesome. They clean your face and remove makeup easily in one step. One side of the cloth is smooth for getting around the eye area, and the other side is slightly more textured... so basically it's a makeup remover, cleanser, and exfoliater all in one. I LOVE them.

well my friend gave me a bottle of clean&clear makeup remover. it works great to remove foundation and eyeliner but if im feeling a bit lazy and dont wanna go to the sink i use these $2 dollar cloths i get from the dollar general Lol. they dont break me out or anything and they are refreshing.

Hey everyone! Im just wondering what you all use to remove your make up. I pretty much just wash my face and I dont use a make up remover. I need ideas.

Hey! I use Lush's Ultra Bland. It doesn't sting the eyes, really nice to use and a little goes a long way. It certainly doesn't aggravate my acne and it's a great cleanser [i am CAKED in make-up =p]

For me, nothing removes make-up as well as pond's cold cream, which has pretty much been around forever. If i've learned anything about Dan's system, it's that back to basics and simplicity is the key to healthy skin care.

I just slather on the cold cream and tissue off, then cleanse gently and continue the regimen as usual.

hope this helps

i use mac's cleanse-off oil and follow up with cetaphil gentle cleaner. i absolutely love cleansing oil. they're awesome at gently removing make-up without drying out your skin. :wub:

I also use MAC's cleanse off oil. My face actually got better after I started using it!

Cleanser followed by jojoba oil (its a natural makeup remover, including eye makeup) and the benefits are always niiice :). Its all natural, so its not harsh. Its great, basically.

For me, nothing removes make-up as well as pond's cold cream, which has pretty much been around forever. If i've learned anything about Dan's system, it's that back to basics and simplicity is the key to healthy skin care.

I just slather on the cold cream and tissue off, then cleanse gently and continue the regimen as usual.

hope this helps

i've been very curious to try this...... like i said, i love mac's, but i'm always interested in cheaper alternatives. i might give this a go next time around!

i usually use a washcloth followed by cleanser but i'd like to use something more. you guys think extra virgin olive oil would be cool? i recently started mixing it into my moisturizer and it doesn't make me break out, i just fear rubbing it into my skin whilst makeup is on could be bad?

i usually use a washcloth followed by cleanser but i'd like to use something more. you guys think extra virgin olive oil would be cool? i recently started mixing it into my moisturizer and it doesn't make me break out, i just fear rubbing it into my skin whilst makeup is on could be bad?

i've heard of people using olive oil to remove make-up. i would think it a little thick. i tried using jojoba oil as an all over make-up remover, and i didn't really like it. everyone's different though.

hey lu, the trick to the pond's cold cream is to tissue it off, which for some reason some people forget to do and so they try to just wash it off, which doesn't really work.

the "secret ingredient" in the cold cream is mineral oil, which actually gets a bad rap for clogging pores, but I've never had any problems with it. Actually, i think that's one of the biggest skin care myths is that mineral oil clogs pores or causes breakouts...for every website that says it clogs pores, i find another that says it doesn't.

Also, some people complain that it's too greasy (I prefer "dewy"), but my skin gets so dry with all the BP, that any little bit of moisture helps. And the small jar is only $4.49, so you can't really beat the price even if you don't like it.

Actually, I find that the cold cream helps to control the flakiness associated with dan's regimen too...try using the cold cream before you start dan's regimen (not as a make-up remover)...when I tissue off, i see all the dead skin cells on the tissue, and i'm not even wearing makeup.

Good luck all.

It took me so long so find something that would remove my makeup (revlon colorstay - hard to get off!) yet wasn't too harsh, didn't have alcohol, or left a film on my face. So far I've settles on Simple cleansing wipes. My face was severe and very sore and this was the only thing I could use. I hate products with mineral oil... egh filmy and greasy, makes me feel unclean afterwards.

I use a different cleanser in the morning though.

I just use a facewash with lots of exfoliating beads to take off face makeup. For eye makeup I use Vaseline.

ohhh... Vaseline :clap: great tip!

Oh I tried that cold cream stuff before. Definately didnt like it, but I spose its useful if you use colorstay or other stuff thats hard to get off. I defintately would wash that stuff off afterwards though.

Another tip for eye, jojoba oil. I take a cotton rouned, put a bit of warm water on it, then add a few drops of jojoba oil, smoosh it in to it blends with the water and it takes off all the makeup. Use the reverse clean side to get any residue off.

I got my almay wipes, I really like them! they didnt irritate my face at all and I didnt even feel the need for moistsurizer vs with baby wipes. Actually quite soothing overall! Although I forgot to test it with astringent to see the deep cleanliness. Will update this post when I do.