Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
datrockwilder

My First TCA CROSS experience

I bought a kit from perfectcomplexion.com. It was the tca cross kits and i applied it about ten minutes ago. I probably did about five or six scars, but the solution didn't burn at all. I didn't feel anything different then if I would have just poked the scars with nothing on the toothpick. I did see small white spots where I touched down on the scar. A few scars stayed red and others looked no different. Am I gonna see scabs the next day or no? I thought this stuff was supposed to be strong...has anyone else had this experience? Oh and a little bit of the cross solution touched my finger when i opened the bottle! This wont scar will it?

Did you wipe the area with alcohol to remove excess oil? You didn't feel any stinging sensation when you crossed your scars? How long did you hold the toothpick in your scars?

I did use alcohol wipes on the area but I did not hold the pick down. I just stabbed it and pulled away. Ive read that this has happend to others who didn't hold it so I will try again next time. But since this cross didn't do much, how long should I wait until try it again?

I had this same concern when I used TCA 100% for the first time a few days ago. I actually held it in the scars for several seconds and was surprised not to feel any pain, at most a mild stinging sensation. It frosted over, though, and sure enough scabs formed about three days later. Just be patient and be sure to wear sunscreen, it is working even if you can't feel it.

I do have to say I'm surprised. After the pain of needling, peels, etc., I was expecting it to hurt. A pleasant surprise. :surprised: