Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-Mel-101

No more active acne, but a face full of red marks..now what?

Hey :D ..

I've been on the regimen for almost 3 months now, and I've noticed now for the past few weeks or so that I'm no longer getting as many zits before.. just maybe 1 or 2 small one's every once and awhile ... but I still have the same dramatic and very noticeable red splotches on my face that I had wayyy before I started out with the regimen... What should I do now?? ... It looks just as bad as if I had active acne all over my face.. do you think these red patches could be scars??

Thx,

Melissa.

yeah they are a type of scarring. I think they will go in time, mine took up 2 six months to go. Have you read about the sctoch tape method ? If not theres a huge thread on this board about it. Also use some make up to blend them in a bit.

Adam

Yes, I've heard about the Scotch Tape method, thanks.. I need to go out and buy some, all out from wrapping Christmas presents .... :D

... I wear make-up on an every-day basis, it works to cover it up.. but I wish that wasn't my solution everyday, it's a hassel.. I'll be happy when I don't have to wear so much anymore.. But I guess it could be worse.. I'm looking forward to the marks fading away!

I have the same problem. I started BCP Yasmin a month ago and noticed a significant difference. My face is left with marks and am wondering how to get rid of them. I am trying the taping method. My PCP told me that scars take about 6 months to heal :lol: I am hoping to find something that will help get rid of them quicker. I work out 3x a week and my face usually gets pink from running and the marks are very visble :D

i've heard that the red marks aren't really "scars" in the true sense.. but they have a medical name... something like.. post inflammatory hyper pigmentation.. am i right?

have any of you had success with using vitamin combination therapy in terms of speeding up the bring skin color back to normal process?

also, proactiv apparently sells a "skin lightening lotion" which is supposed to take away those marks faster.. any success with that anyone?

thanx

I have the same problem :) Wish I could wear make up but I want clear skin to get a nice girlfriend not guys giving me their number lol.

haha.. awww poor guy..

I guess that's where girls have it better than guys eh.

8)

acneequalsihatelife - yeah im the same, no one notices a bit of concealer.

Mel - yeah and girls dont have to shave there face either lol thats a plus 2. :)

Well Im a guy and I wear make up to cover up my redmarks.  And no one even notices :)

What kind do you use?

hey, well some gurls have to shave their face too...

NOT ME though, luckily.. that would suk ass.

I have the same problem :o Wish I could wear make up but I want clear skin to get a nice girlfriend not guys giving me their number lol.

So you think wearing chemically made substances made to hide flaws and enhance looks gay?

I would suggest the product called Youthful Essence. It's a microdermabrasion treatment you use at home. It's a wonderful product!! I've been using it faithfully three times a week and my red spots are almost completely gone. This exfoliating treatment is made with vitamins a,c, and e in a cream base formula. I was worried about it breaking me out more, but my skin's the clearest it's ever been. The best part is you can use this system with your own skincare line. I'm using Dan's skincare regimen also. It works really well; you should give it a try. Go to the website at www.youthfulessence.com. It's the best product I've ever gotten. It will help fade your red marks!!

Lola