Notifications
Clear all

Oil of Olay Regenerist

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 12/30/2008 5:45 pm

I'll try and make this a quick story so as not to bore some of you. I'm just very very happy with my simple daily regimen and wanted to share it with anyone who would listen in the hopes that it could help even just one other person out there. Just a little background, I'm 32, asian, cursed with the acne genes from both sides of my parent's families, and took one too many laps in a giant pool of oil.

I've had acne for as long as I can remember. At first they were the small little white bumps that you get here and there, then they multiplied like crazy that my brother used to jokingly call me the walking pimple with a face. After attacking my face with every possible "proven" acne medication, my face and my neck had finally had it. My acne was so bad I had to photoshop my pictures before sharing them with other people because it was so gross and very embarrassing. I tried everything from changing my diet, my sleeping habits, drinking gallons of water until I drown, facial scrubs, medicated face wash, proactive, peeling mask, 10% benzoyl peroxide, fish oil, xanga juice (don't ask), toothpaste, birth control pills, and - late last year when I stumbled on this site - I contemplated on doing the urine thing eechk! You name it, I did it (except Accutane. My dermatologist wouldn't hear me out on it).

Sometime in february of this year, I started to wonder, after putting my skin through hell trying to get rid of the acne, how on earth is it able to regenerate new skin cells? Well, I guess you could say I had an epiphany. The next day I went and bought Olay Regenerist Night recovery moisturizing treatment. The next morning after my first application, my skin felt smooth and plump (like i just had a facelift). I was sold. I'm going to spare you all the details and just tell you what my daily ritual comprise of. Evening: 1) I use oil of olay regenerist daily regenerating cleanser (try not to scrub too hard), 2) I follow it with Daniel Kern's 2.5% BP (or equivalent substitute), 3) Last but not least, I apply a thin layer of regenerist night recovery moisturizing treatment. Morning: 1) Regenerist cleanser again, 2) followed by Daniel Kern's 2.5% BP, 3)lastly, regenerist deep hydration regenerating cream. I did this for three weeks straight and the results were phenomenal. Not only did my acne cleared up, it prevented further breakouts AND lighten some of my acne scars. I am absolutely ecstatic. I just joined today and I'm typing this at work, but I will definitely post a before and after photo as soon as I get a chance. I know my regimen will not work for everybody, but I sincerely hope it does for some of you. There is hope. ;)

**Update: 31 Dec 08**

Uploaded my before and after pic. I don't wear make-up so what you see is what you see :D

post-91623-1230744080_thumb.jpg

post-91623-1230744080_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@deejaychoco)

Posted : 04/10/2009 3:13 am

I'll try and make this a quick story so as not to bore some of you. I'm just very very happy with my simple daily regimen and wanted to share it with anyone who would listen in the hopes that it could help even just one other person out there. Just a little background, I'm 32, asian, cursed with the acne genes from both sides of my parent's families, and took one too many laps in a giant pool of oil.

I've had acne for as long as I can remember. At first they were the small little white bumps that you get here and there, then they multiplied like crazy that my brother used to jokingly call me the walking pimple with a face. After attacking my face with every possible "proven" acne medication, my face and my neck had finally had it. My acne was so bad I had to photoshop my pictures before sharing them with other people because it was so gross and very embarrassing. I tried everything from changing my diet, my sleeping habits, drinking gallons of water until I drown, facial scrubs, medicated face wash, proactive, peeling mask, 10% benzoyl peroxide, fish oil, xanga juice (don't ask), toothpaste, birth control pills, and - late last year when I stumbled on this site - I contemplated on doing the urine thing eechk! You name it, I did it (except Accutane. My dermatologist wouldn't hear me out on it).

Sometime in february of this year, I started to wonder, after putting my skin through hell trying to get rid of the acne, how on earth is it able to regenerate new skin cells? Well, I guess you could say I had an epiphany. The next day I went and bought Olay Regenerist Night recovery moisturizing treatment. The next morning after my first application, my skin felt smooth and plump (like i just had a facelift). I was sold. I'm going to spare you all the details and just tell you what my daily ritual comprise of. Evening: 1) I use oil of olay regenerist daily regenerating cleanser (try not to scrub too hard), 2) I follow it with Daniel Kern's 2.5% BP (or equivalent substitute), 3) Last but not least, I apply a thin layer of regenerist night recovery moisturizing treatment. Morning: 1) Regenerist cleanser again, 2) followed by Daniel Kern's 2.5% BP, 3)lastly, regenerist deep hydration regenerating cream. I did this for three weeks straight and the results were phenomenal. Not only did my acne cleared up, it prevented further breakouts AND lighten some of my acne scars. I am absolutely ecstatic. I just joined today and I'm typing this at work, but I will definitely post a before and after photo as soon as I get a chance. I know my regimen will not work for everybody, but I sincerely hope it does for some of you. There is hope. 😉

**Update: 31 Dec 08**

Uploaded my before and after pic. I don't wear make-up so what you see is what you see 😀

I just started using olay regenerist but just the night cream and already I can see a difference in my skin in just two days! I just wanted to ask did you have ice pick scars and pit holes and did olay manage to clear it up?

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 06/07/2009 12:55 am

I just started using olay regenerist but just the night cream and already I can see a difference in my skin in just two days! I just wanted to ask did you have ice pick scars and pit holes and did olay manage to clear it up?

Sorry it took forever for my response. I almost forgot I posted something here. I did get scars from my acne. Regenerist didn't clear them up completely, but it made them appear smaller. They dont bother me much. I'm still acne free and breakout free so I'm HAPPY! No special diets, no change in sleeping habits, nothing! I think the real secret is to stop putting harsh chemicals on your skin...and 2.5% BP! 😆 I hope your regimen is working for you. Be patient. It's slow, but it works. I have my younger brother on the same regimen now, too. He's happy, I can tell you that much! 😉

Here's a better before and after comparison:

MemberMember
(@survivor540)

Posted : 06/08/2009 1:17 am

Hi!

I've been using the Regenerist Cleanser for a while and I think it is simply amazing!!!! I also use an olay moisturizer, but not the Regenerist one (I'll have to try it now after seeing your stunning results!). Oil of Olay is just a gem of a brand. Your skin looks beautiful!

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 06/11/2009 1:02 am

Hi!

I've been using the Regenerist Cleanser for a while and I think it is simply amazing!!!! I also use an olay moisturizer, but not the Regenerist one (I'll have to try it now after seeing your stunning results!). Oil of Olay is just a gem of a brand. Your skin looks beautiful!

Thank you! The regenerist night recovery moisturizing treatment is just simply amazing! I hope your skin likes it just like mine did 🙂

MemberMember
(@ellaanne)

Posted : 09/12/2009 12:46 pm

Hi, a friend just told me her breakouts stopped using the regenerist night serum. I bought some and looked at the ingredients and wasn't surprised at all that it helped so much with breakouts. It has Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Green, Tea, and Vitamin E all of which people on these boards talk about being great for acne. I hope it works for me too!

MemberMember
(@pinks831yahoo-com)

Posted : 09/12/2009 12:49 pm

Thanks for sharing :)

MemberMember
(@habibi)

Posted : 09/18/2009 2:59 am

Hi!

Thank you! The regenerist night recovery moisturizing treatment is just simply amazing! I hope your skin likes it just like mine did 🙂

hey ther firstly congrats your skins look gawjus... 😀 ...

i was jus wonder im 19 should i try it tho... i really convinced !!!

MemberMember
(@poofly)

Posted : 10/04/2009 9:07 pm

lucky you ^^ .

my story is kinda the same as yours .. well im filipino age 17 and i do suffer from acne scars from previous years. My brother and I fight constantly with words and sometimes he insults me with stupid name callings like ugly pimple head T.T . I have tried alot of products but in the end im still left with acne scars (really sucks ).

i love how you're skin has improved but its had to believe cz it really looks GOOD!

you're after photo looks flawless seems like you got rid of all you're acne and acne scars.

so thanks for sharing and might give this product a try :)

MemberMember
(@godisgood)

Posted : 10/07/2009 9:57 am

Zhalvajegirl...thanks for posting this! I went and bought the stuff 2 nights ago and I LOVE IT!! I already see a difference...it is amazing. I have also told other people about it!! Thanks again :) Is it still working for you? Can you update with more pics?

MemberMember
(@silentcries)

Posted : 10/07/2009 12:14 pm

I booked marked this sounds really good.

Zhalvajegirl your skin is beautifulllllllllllll total envy!!! Congrats on finding your cure for your acne! Will be something I definately will get into!

MemberMember
(@hippycat)

Posted : 10/10/2009 3:39 pm

Hello,

I'm 24 and have been battling acne sine I was 12/13 years old. I've tried EVERYTHING except accutane (I want to habe babies some day) including antibiotics, proactive, BP, salicylic and glycolic acid toners and gels, sulphur spot treatment, acid peels (which I still like and reccomend), laser peels (which made my acne way worse), microdermabrasion (which I get done every 2-3 weeks with my facials and absolutely love), ETC.

After using all these treatments and still battling acne, I realized that my skin seemed to be aging faster. I was getting wrinkles on my forehead and crow's feet at 23! In addition, my skin was super oily my 2pm, I was getting lots of milia (tiny white bumps from oil being trapped benaeath the skin) and my skin's ph balance was really off- probably as a reaction to all the drying products I was using. So I decided to try something new, as I thought that my acne has probably evolved since I was 13 to adult acne and might respond better to more adult products anyways. I also wanted to halt any wrinkles for the time being (okay...I wouldn't mind if they never progressed...). After reading these posts, I changed up my regimen a few weeks ago to include a gentle cleanser (I use Cetaphil), Bragg's apple cider vinegar as a toner (to balance my skin's ph level), and olay regenerist cream (night recovery cream at night and the regular regenerist day cream for the daytime). I'm also using ROC's new retinol eye cream.

So far, my skin is looking amazing! My skin looks plump and healthy, and my acne has dramatically reduced. I still have a couple pimples, but they are small and not super inflamed and infected. I just added a 2% salicylic acid toner with glycolic acid in it to use at night instead of the apple cider vinegar per my esthetician's request (in order to get all the makeup off and fight the acne a bit more). I'm still using the ACV as my toner in the morning though.

Anyways, I'm super happy with the olay regenerist and would reccomend it to anyone!

MemberMember
(@holiday09)

Posted : 10/11/2009 1:09 am

I've used Olay's Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub and loved it! Makes my skin very soft and smooth! Cleanes out the pores! It also leaves behind a beautiful smell on your skin, too! But, I dont use it alone. I still need to use Proactive to make my skin acne free.

MemberMember
(@silver_eye_fox)

Posted : 10/11/2009 4:44 pm

WOW i must say your skin looks just beautiful!

I remember at one time when my skin wasn't this bad as it is now, i used that brand for awhile, but i would deffly like to retry it again now that i have acne again.

I want to get some of that lotion now!

thanks for the inspiration :)

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 02/07/2010 1:26 am

Hello everyone! I haven't been on here in a looooong time. Sorry for not getting back to you all. Life gets in the way every now and then. Anywho, just want to update everyone. Yes, I am still using the products I mentioned above. My skin has gotten used to it that the few times that I have fallen off the wagon (entirely not my fault), I started breaking out again. So, I am absolutely convinced that this is the right regimen for me. Nothing touches my face other than Olay products :D . I'll post new pix soon!

MemberMember
(@majovsky)

Posted : 02/08/2010 11:02 am

Hello everyone! I haven't been on here in a looooong time. Sorry for not getting back to you all. Life gets in the way every now and then. Anywho, just want to update everyone. Yes, I am still using the products I mentioned above. My skin has gotten used to it that the few times that I have fallen off the wagon (entirely not my fault), I started breaking out again. So, I am absolutely convinced that this is the right regimen for me. Nothing touches my face other than Olay products 😀 . I'll post new pix soon!

Do you find the at all that the deep penetrating moisturizer balls up after putting in on the BP? I love the night cream, but the one you use during the day doesn't work well over the BP...and suggestions?

MemberMember
(@masked-rider-black)

Posted : 02/13/2010 8:45 am

Where can i buy all this? Im currently in australia, idk where to buy stuff coz i cant order online by myself coz im only 16....

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 03/12/2010 3:43 am

Hello everyone! I haven't been on here in a looooong time. Sorry for not getting back to you all. Life gets in the way every now and then. Anywho, just want to update everyone. Yes, I am still using the products I mentioned above. My skin has gotten used to it that the few times that I have fallen off the wagon (entirely not my fault), I started breaking out again. So, I am absolutely convinced that this is the right regimen for me. Nothing touches my face other than Olay products 😀 . I'll post new pix soon!

Do you find the at all that the deep penetrating moisturizer balls up after putting in on the BP? I love the night cream, but the one you use during the day doesn't work well over the BP...and suggestions?

I usually try to let the BP dry first before I put the moisturizer on. It dries pretty quick. I'd say maybe a couple of seconds or so.

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 03/12/2010 3:46 am

Where can i buy all this? Im currently in australia, idk where to buy stuff coz i cant order online by myself coz im only 16....

I get mine pretty much anywhere. Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, what have you. It's as common as toothpaste, which is one of the reasons I love it. Not a hard product to come by.

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 03/12/2010 4:02 am

Still working on the pics. I'm going on vacation soon so I should have a ton when I get back. I hope my post have been useful for some of you. I'm not sure if I mentioned before that, as with any other treatment, this regimen takes a few weeks (maybe even months) before you can see amazing results. Patience is a virtue. My younger brother is enjoying the same results as I did, so I know this thing does work. If some of you tried the regimen way back when I first posted, it would be nice to hear how things worked out for you. If it worked out great, absolutely post away! I'm starting to sound like a regenerist salesgirl. I can't be the only one excited about this thing. LOL!

****************May 2010 Update*******************

Pic as promised. Still works great!

MemberMember
(@kat2008)

Posted : 03/15/2010 10:55 am

Zhalvajegirl

What made you try these 2 creams from Olay? Did you try others than didn't work?

I bought the Regenerating Serum and the Regenerating Micro Sculpting lotion based on reviews and I swear my face is breaking out in places and all over that it never did before.

The ingredients seem close.....curious if you've tried these or how you decided to buy the creams you did in the Regenerist line???

thanks!

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 05/22/2010 10:53 am

Zhalvajegirl

What made you try these 2 creams from Olay? Did you try others than didn't work?

I bought the Regenerating Serum and the Regenerating Micro Sculpting lotion based on reviews and I swear my face is breaking out in places and all over that it never did before.

The ingredients seem close.....curious if you've tried these or how you decided to buy the creams you did in the Regenerist line???

thanks!

Hi Kat,

I tried anything and everything I could think of for probably a good solid 10 years. Nothing worked. Finally, I decided I've had enough of the harsh chemicals and wanted something really mild. That's when I decided to use olay regenerist. My thinking was that I've put my skin through so much the last ten years, it probably never had a chance to regenerate new cells. I would recommend you include the 2.5% BP in your regimen. I think it helps alot to fight the acne. The oil of olay is more on the replenishing of healthy skin cells. I've been on it for three years now and it still works! Good luck to you 🙂

MemberMember
(@chriss)

Posted : 06/16/2010 10:37 pm

Hi there, so you mean to say you still are using those three products? nothing more? I have tried your regimen before but the night cream made me breakout , did it do the same for you? So I tried using only the cleanser and the moisturizer and it was doing great for my skin.... until after 2 months I started breaking out again... Right now I'm only on the 2.5 BP regimen and its been controlling my acne but my face looked better when I was using the oil of olay. Do you think that I can try using oil of alay again together with the 2.5 BP regimen? What do you think? And oh, your skin looks really amazing!

MemberMember
(@chriss)

Posted : 06/16/2010 10:43 pm

how could I even not read the 2.5 BP on your regimen??? haha I guessI missed reading the BP coz I was concentrating on the oil of olay... well I guess I will start with your regimen again :D

MemberMember
(@kamran)

Posted : 06/17/2010 8:38 pm

whih one do you use? a link would be much helpful im planning on to try this too.

also is it ok to use the regenreist even if ur 19?