Notifications
Clear all

turmeric magic healing!

MemberMember
(@lpn455)

Posted : 12/30/2008 4:47 pm

Here are 20 reasons to add turmeric to your diet:

1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.

2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.

3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.

4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.

5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.

6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.

7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.

8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.

9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.

10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.

11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.

12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.

13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.

14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.

15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.

16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.

17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.

18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.

19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.

20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.

I have been going to alot pain about acne then scar from the past, I have spend all kind stuff try get rid of acne and scar chemica peel,skin lighting,skin bleaching,acne cream u name it. It cost me alot money not only it not helping but it geting worse Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation and more acne. Here why chemical peel it not safe and it not going work if u leave it to long it will burn your skin and get more Hyperpigmentation tca,lactic,glycolic,jessen, U have to stay in door for a month and wear sunscreen and u have to repeat treatment to see the result. Skin bleaching u have to use it 3 month to see result but without 1 day sunscreen that 3 month it useless. Acne cream makeing your acne worse because it will dry your skin out more it got bad chemical in it and it will cost u more acne. Stop going to the sun and get a tan that make your red mark even more Hyperpigmentation pop of waiting until it heal. Do not try peel at home Why because u don't know how your skin feel if even leave for extra minute it burn u will get more Hyperpigmentation and make it more worse.

Here a cure for all acne people suffer from red mark,scar,Hyperpigmentation.

Turmeric powder or the root from it. It only cost u a few dollar to buy at a asian market With a few dollar will last u a month and help u fade all kind acne,scar,red mark,Hyperpigmentation on your face in a month u will see life agian, and u don't have to waste thousand dollar or go to the pain of that nasty peel,skin bleaching or use harsh chemical that don't work. I know how it feel to i have past all those pain, it hurt so bad each day but once day u will see that it only the past and don't look back.

Why american does not know Turmeric because Turmeric it only in asia. This stuff it cure people with acne,scar, Hyperpigmentation within a month no matter how bad your scar or stunborn red mark or Hyperpigmentation it will cure or make it fade in a month. Turmeric It a natural root or powder that u can only buy in asian market by put into the skin will turn to yellow stain but that just a color it will fade if u use baby towel wipe or washing it of. It like a magic waste a few dollar then waste hunder dollar on harsh chemical that make it don't work and make it more worse.

I am here for just help and tell my story. MY english it bad i just come to american 1 year. Pm me if u want know more information. I know alot asian here know Turmeric but no one have post here to help.

While many of us are aware of the numerous benefits of this deep, exotic yellow spice, few incorporate turmeric in our daily use, other than sprinkling a little of it in our daal and subzi. Turmeric, a member of the ginger family, has been used for healing by Ayurvedic means, since time immemorial. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, and is an excellent antiseptic. In addition, it is great for the skin. So before investing in an expensive beauty product, take a look in your kitchen.

The turmeric you get in packets is not the pure form, which is why it is best that you try and find someone who supplies pure turmeric powder, or use the root and make your own paste.

Here are just a few of the various benefits of turmeric:

Reduces Pigmentation

Plagued with pigmentation? Turmeric can help even out your skin tone and colour. Simply apply a little turmeric mixed with cucumber juice or lemon to the affected area. Leave on for fifteen minutes or more, and wash off. Do this everyday, and gradually you will notice your skin colour returning to normal.

Strengthens Bones

Drink a quarter glass turmeric juice every night, with milk. The best way to have this is to take a A inch piece of turmeric and boil it with half a glass of milk. Once the milk has turned yellow, remove from fire, let it cool slightly, and sip this. This will cure numerous ailments. Women especially should drink this every night, as it strengthens bones and reduces the risk of developing osteoporosis.

Softens the Body

Turmeric is a wonderful body scrub, which is why Indian brides apply a turmeric and gram flour (besan) mix to their entire body, the morning of the wedding. It leaves your skin soft, smooth and glowing. Of course, a single application will not really make that much of a difference. Do this regularly, and watch your skin change for the better - much better.

Makes the Skin Supple

If you are planning a pregnancy, apply a mixture of turmeric and malai or turmeric and curd to your stomach and waist before going for a bath. Leave it on for fifteen minutes, and wash off. If desired, you could even apply this mixture after bathing. After you have washed off the soap, apply the malai and haldi mixture, leave it on for five minutes, and wash off only with water. Gently, wipe your stomach with the towel. The sooner you start this routine, the more supple and elastic your skin will become, and after giving birth, you will not be left with unsightly stretch marks.

Inhibits Cell Damage

Turmeric is an excellent anti-oxidant, which essentially means that it stabilizes unstable oxygen molecules. These are known as free radicals, and are what cause damage to cells, leading to ageing and various other diseases such as cancer.

Fights Diarrhoea

Turmeric fights the bacteria that causes diarrhoea, so the next time your stomach starts 'running', reach for some haldi. German health authorities have officially declared turmeric herbal tea to be a cure for loose stools.

All around the world you can now avail of turmeric in the form of teas, capsules, tinctures, lotions, ointments and powder. However, here, you have access to turmeric in its purest form, so make the most use of it.

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 12/30/2008 6:22 pm

So do you just mix this with a little water to make a paste?

MemberMember
(@lpn455)

Posted : 12/30/2008 6:27 pm

So do you just mix this with a little water to make a paste?

Go to the asian market ask them for the root or powder it a few dollar and it last for a month or two ,and u can only do this at night so no people can see u because your face will turn to golden yellow. Cut the root or powder put on the skin all over the face can improve your skintone and fade red mark. After a month u will see total different from your face and from the past. IT can be a mircle!!!

MemberMember
(@accutanejourney22)

Posted : 12/30/2008 11:53 pm

i think what he / she is asking is if you mix the ROOT or the actual PLANT with WATER so that it becomes like a PASTE and you apply it to your FACE and then WASH IT OFF after a bit?

MemberMember
(@lpn455)

Posted : 12/31/2008 12:04 am

i think what he / she is asking is if you mix the ROOT or the actual PLANT with WATER so that it becomes like a PASTE and you apply it to your FACE and then WASH IT OFF after a bit?

No what i mean it u have to go to the asian market ask them for the root or the powder of Turmeric. Then after that u cut the root or use the powder put it on your whole face until it golden yellow it easy to understand. If u wash it of it will not going have a effect only 15 min and to have it work u have to leave it over night.

If u don't want to go to asian market u can look at american store or online.

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 12/31/2008 12:57 am

Okay, so we leave it on all night...and then when we wash it off in the morning there won't be any yellow staining left on the face?

It sounds like turmeric powder would be the best for this (to make a paste), and after short investigation online, it's very cheap!

Will this work even for old and deep red marks, and not just new, fresh red marks?

MemberMember
(@lpn455)

Posted : 12/31/2008 1:57 am

Okay, so we leave it on all night...and then when we wash it off in the morning there won't be any yellow staining left on the face?

It sounds like turmeric powder would be the best for this (to make a paste), and after short investigation online, it's very cheap!

Will this work even for old and deep red marks, and not just new, fresh red marks?

Of course it work for all kind red mark no matter how old as i say it great for scar!

MemberMember
(@steve-n)

Posted : 12/31/2008 4:22 am

Sorry, I'm kind of confused. So.. do you mix it with water to make it into a paste then apply it on my face overnight? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@brannigan)

Posted : 12/31/2008 5:17 am

Hi steve22, I think what he/she is trying to say is that you 1) mix the powder with water and drink it, and 2) mix the powder with lemon juice/cucumber to make a paste to apply to skin.

I've been trying this for about 4 days now i can definately tell you it works! Drinking the turmeric prevents further acne forming and applying it to the face helps fight current acne, and reduces scar formation & pigmentation.

I use the powdered form of turmeric. To make the paste instead of lemon juice i use yoghurt and leave it on my face overnight. However make sure you use old bed sheets as it will permanently stain them yellow!

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 12/31/2008 5:25 am

I did a bit of research online and saw rave reviews of this! I just bought 16 oz. (1 lb.) of the turmeric root powder on eBay. I figured even IF for some reason I can't continually apply it topically and/or it doesn't help my scars, I can also drink it for internal benefits.

I will keep this thread updated with any progress I have with it.

Also, there was a website that said it stains skin and hair, is this true? Is it easy to wash off in the morning?

For all of the other viewers of this topic, just do like I did: Go to Google and search "turmeric powder acne" and you will find some good articles, people's experiences, and such.

MemberMember
(@brannigan)

Posted : 12/31/2008 5:55 am

I did a bit of research online and saw rave reviews of this! I just bought 16 oz. (1 lb.) of the turmeric root powder on eBay. I figured even IF for some reason I can't continually apply it topically and/or it doesn't help my scars, I can also drink it for internal benefits.

I will keep this thread updated with any progress I have with it.

Also, there was a website that said it stains skin and hair, is this true? Is it easy to wash off in the morning?

For all of the other viewers of this topic, just do like I did: Go to Google and search "turmeric powder acne" and you will find some good articles, people's experiences, and such.

As for staining hair I can't say because I have black hair, but it will stain skin temporarily. But you can eaily wash off the colour with either plain youghurt or milk. My skin colour is brown and so even if there was a hint of yellow left after washing you probably could't tell. So my advice is if you have fair skin colour use with caution, maybe do a patch test first.

MemberMember
(@nobody-2)

Posted : 12/31/2008 6:30 am

Its crazy how ive done so much research on acne and yet have never come across this! I searched turmeric and acne and the reviews about it are amazing! Ive got a question though how much turmeric should you add to a glass of water? what sort of ratios are involved?( Im using powdered turmeric) Ive heard that too much can bad for you ( well it is in all cases!)

I went through my mums spice cupboard and found a jar of it!! i was like yes!!!!

Thanks going to give this one a try!

MemberMember
(@lpn455)

Posted : 12/31/2008 11:05 am

Like i told u use only 15 min does not going take the effect remember that Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin. That what u want to fade red mark and scar so leave it overnight by put the Turmeric powder on your face or the root. For a few day your mark or scar u must look worse by a month it lighted or fade your red mark or scar and complete change your skintone and face.

MemberMember
(@pshtigotthatt)

Posted : 12/31/2008 11:39 am

I was wondering if you could find a site online that sells pure turmeric? I really would not know where to find a asian store where i live?

does anyone know the best sites to purchase this from?

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 12/31/2008 11:50 am

Target sells pure turmeric powder - even an organic one. A bit spendy, but the benefits are supposed to be fantastic.

Just mix the powder with enough lemon juice, lime juice, rosewater or regular water to make a paste. Leave on for 15 minutes, wash off. An oil (emu, jojoba) can assist in getting any staining off.

Be sure to avoid any scabby areas or peely areas - the yellow will not come out of that skin until it sloughs off.

HTH

MemberMember
(@lpn455)

Posted : 12/31/2008 12:00 pm

Target sells pure turmeric powder - even an organic one. A bit spendy, but the benefits are supposed to be fantastic.

Just mix the powder with enough lemon juice, lime juice, rosewater or regular water to make a paste. Leave on for 15 minutes, wash off. An oil (emu, jojoba) can assist in getting any staining off.

Be sure to avoid any scabby areas or peely areas - the yellow will not come out of that skin until it sloughs off.

HTH

pshtigotthatt wow u are cute! Is that pic is u? Could we chat sometime! Do u like asian guy!

Anyway as i told u 15 minutes take u a long time to see a effect but if u leave overnight it can only be a month. I only put the root of turmeric or the powder on my face and leave it over night. U can put all over the face to make your skintone glow but it will hard to take it of just put where it the problem area.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/31/2008 12:13 pm

Tumeric is not only in Asia. It's widely available in the U.S. and is probably in the spice aisle of any supermarket. It's what makes mustard yellow. It's in curry powder. And it's used in making pickles.

MemberMember
(@lpn455)

Posted : 12/31/2008 12:35 pm

As i say u can fine Tumeric anywhere in the usa. I wonder why alot asian here have acne same like i did but never know what it Tumeric if they know they should post about it here to help us to solve about skin problem.

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 12/31/2008 12:46 pm

Tumeric is not only in Asia. It's widely available in the U.S. and is probably in the spice aisle of any supermarket. It's what makes mustard yellow. It's in curry powder. And it's used in making pickles.

I also read that it is widely used in India for it's beauty skin properties.

Mine is in the mail now, should be getting it in a few days. I'm just nervous about the whole skin staining thing...

MemberMember
(@lpn455)

Posted : 12/31/2008 12:51 pm

Well if u don't put all over the face only the problem area it easy to wash it of with a baby wipe towel or use soap. For first couple day it will your mark could look worse but after a week u should see a change and complete change or fade your mark scar it a month. Skin renew every 28 to 30 day. If u have problem use it or watever reason we can chat or pm me for support!

MemberMember
(@pshtigotthatt)

Posted : 12/31/2008 1:35 pm

What section is it usually in? - thank you 😀

and LPN455- yes that is me, and thank you.

MemberMember
(@lpn455)

Posted : 12/31/2008 2:09 pm

U welcome!!!

What do u mean what section am in? I am a guy well i got aim and yahoo nick if u want chat please pm me or get support i am here =) Happy New Year!

MemberMember
(@daisy-b)

Posted : 12/31/2008 2:55 pm

I slept with it on last night and while it did take a bit of scrubbing it wan't too difficult to take off and I have extremely fair skin. I just used a washcloth and then my daily peel pads but I'm sure a toner would do the same thing.

MemberMember
(@lpn455)

Posted : 12/31/2008 4:12 pm

Yes it easy to take it of on the face then the hand anyway result can take week and complete fade mark or scar in a month. In a month your face will be lighted of since the turmeric will stain your mark and make it return to your nomal skin color tone in a month. Hope this help!

MemberMember
(@steve-n)

Posted : 12/31/2008 9:27 pm

Do you think using scrub cleanser or baking soda can take tumeric off the next morning? And can I use this in conjunction with AHA lotion? Happy New Year !