Find results in...

Single or Taken?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Single or Taken?

• Single and I have acne.
    • Single and I am clear.
    • Taken, we both have acne.
    • Taken, I am clear and he/she is not.
    • Taken, I have acne and he/she is clear.
    • Taken, we both are clear.

I don't know about acne itself preventing people from having a romantic relationship. I have had acne for the past 5 yrs and have had guys who are interested in me (and then I dumped him, he moved, or things just dropped off...so no serious relationships, you could say), but never when my acne was really bad. I will say that it seems that men have it easier than women when it comes to acne and relationships, simply because men are generally not held to as high a standard of physical perfection. I know several guys with moderate to severe acne who have girlfriends (and most have been dating for more than 6 months), but I don't know any girls who have more than light acne and have a serious boyfriend.

But then on the other hand, I for one feel like I don't even deserve attention from men because of my acne. As if I should clear up my skin (and lose weight) before I can even think about having a relationship. Ugh, I'm getting frustrated just thinking about this.

single single single! And I'm now mostly clear. I had boyfriends when my acne was at it's worst though and though I was embarrassed and at times felt ugly, it was only due to myself and my own problems with confidence, I never felt judged though.

Single! Had my heart broken a while back so playing it safe for now. I get down about my skin sometimes but makeup is my confidence booster. :)

Single with some acne. I was clear the first half of this year (coming off accutane in january), and I had a brief 'thing', although it ended before it began so that doesn't count. I'd say the main thing getting in the way is the fact I don't really care to be involved with anybody right now, but I also have those self-doubts.

Single right now, I got out of a relationship about 5 months ago, now I am seeing someone, and he has clear skin, we are not dating yet.

Single and almost clear except one or two acnes popping up monthly. :P Tho, I'm trying to get rid of some shallow scars left around. When I was in highschool, I was having terrible breakouts from time to time, but still could attract boys even though I really wasn't interested in attracting them. :S So I guess it depends on who the other party is.

My boyfriend, M, and I have been together for three years now, through all sorts of skin changes. He's stuck with me when I had acne, and I stick with him when he breaks out too. I'm usually clear these days, thanks to The Regimen, but right now I have one zit on my cheek that's just driving me insane. M constantly reassures me that it's not as bad as I think, and that he thinks I'm beautiful anyway. And, to be honest, I don't even notice his (mild) acne unless I go out of my way to look for it. So...

Married. We're both currently clear. We both have had problems with acne in the past; when planning our wedding I was rather significantly breaking out and that led me to this website. I did get clear for the wedding and have been mostly clear since then. :) His health issues improved and he is clear.

Single... Always have been single. It has come to a point where I'm comfortable in knowing that I will always be single. I can live independently.

As for the acne, I've been writing that issue over throughout the forums.

I am single and have acne/scars. I have never been in relationship before because of acne/scars. I hope one day I would meet a girl who I love and also loves me.