Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BrendanM

Constant Redness

I am 17yrs old. Ever since I was little I have had red cheeks, they are constantly red. If I blush they get ever worse. Sometimes they get a deep red color and are hot to the touch. Other times they can be cool but still red. The redness has spread towards my neck a little.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

post-81437-1230668757_thumb.jpg

post-81437-1230668757_thumb.jpg

if the redness is localised entirely over the cheeks, its likely you have keratosis pilaris rubra faceii. If this is your problem, I also have the same thing, and I have compiled a list of things which help:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/red-face-...76#entry2069476

try comparing your skin to these pictures to see if it is KPRF:

http://www.keratosispilaris.org/photoplog/index.php?c=4

there is also a forum specifically for that problem on the website, hope i've helped

modman

I added a photo.

And yes I think that that's it. Thanks for the information I'm going to have to look into that! I just wanted to add that this redness does not go away, there isnt a time where it will go to a normal color. The only time it lessens is when I wake up. I live in FL and spend time in humidity and hot weather so I am sure that plays a big role in the cause.

yeah that looks like thats it.. dont worry, through this forum and the KPRF forum you will find a routine to manage it.

modman

yeah that looks like thats it.. dont worry, through this forum and the KPRF forum you will find a routine to manage it.

modman

Good. I appreciate the information you gave me alot, thanks!