Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blake_2010

I'm never using a topical prescription again

I'm so sick of acne/redness/red marks. I'd like to have one freaking day where I don't look in the mirror and want to smash it to pieces. I'll share my story.

Up until 9th grade, I never had acne. In fact I can only remember one time that I had a zit. Summer after 8th grade and I was on vacation. Dabbed some toothpaste on it over night for two or three days and it was gone. No big deal. I never washed my face besides getting it wet in the shower. I started getting acne around I'd say Thanksgiving of freshman year. I went to the derm and was prescribed Benzaclin and Minocycline and that helped for awhile. Then it got worse and I used the AcneFree three step kit. Again helped for a little bit... then just got worse than before. Still remained on minocycline. Then used the AcneFree Severe 4 step kit, and had pretty good success with that. I started using that in May of my freshman year and by the end of july, my skin looked so freaking good, with just a few red marks. I stopped using that and started using Retin-a to get rid of the marks... it brought facial redness and in the end just left me with more marks. I used straight benzoyl peroxide for awhile. That made things worse. Then Sodium Sulf..something (its in my sig) along with jojoba oil for a few months this past summer. Nothing. No improvement. I stopped washing my face for awhile for about 2 weeks before my last derm appointment and that didn't help anything either. I was given some Finacea and have used it for a month.. again no results. I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of constantly feeling like everyone is looking at how bad my skin is... sick of never looking people in the eye.. sick of feeling depressed over this stupid fucking skin condition. It's not fair and nobody should have to deal with this. Nobody. On christmas day, I started doing the urine therapy, but I think using finacea too hasn't helped that process. So what I'll be doing now is just using urine therapy and applying it to my face a few times per day (probably 3-4). Now my question is what are some other natural things I can do to just get rid of all these red marks/facial redness and get clear and get my life back? Please help.

What do you eat within a typical day?

Did your parents also have acne - if so when did it start end for them?

I eat pretty much whatever. I'm bulking up so I try and get as much protein as possible. And yes my dad had some acne, but nowhere near what I've been plagued with haha. I believe he grew out of it by the time he was graduating high school.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with this forum, but I see you joined a while ago. Do you drink/eat a lot of dairy? I'm guessing perhaps if you're bulking. There's a lot of intelligent bulkers on this forum who have loads of advice moreso than me. I can say however, is that are you certain you're consuming enough of the vitamins and especially minerals in your diet? Do you have a good sleep cycle? What about your carb/protein/fat ratio? Did acne appear when you started bulking/and or increasing caloric intake?

No I actually avoid dairy for the most part. Milk in my cereal whenever I have it, and that's about it. I'm not sure as far as vitamins/minerals go. What are some good multi-vitamins I can take every day just to make sure? I take fish oil every day... don't know what exactly is in that. And I typically have a good sleep cycle. I'm on break right now so it's all jacked up but other than the past week or so I've had a very good sleep cycle all year. Whether I'm getting enough or not is another question. Carb/protein/fat ratio... I really have no idea to be honest. I kept track for about a week and it just became too much of a hassle to write down the nutrition info every single time I ate something. And acne did NOT appear then. It appeared more so during my freshman year, and I started to lift weights seriously around this past spring I'd say.

find the best ways to get and absorb the maximum vitamins and minerals your body needs.

cause and effect relationships, its what science is all about, but medical industry is about making money, very little honest science in the medical industry. I doubt the cause of acne is lack of accutane or antibiotics.

you bodys genes adapt to its environment over time, thoughts and emotions and external environment as well as your dietary environment. Genes react toward vitamins

Research linus pauling(nobel prize in chemistry), nutrigenomics, orthomolecular medicine, and epigenetics and you will eventually see where i am coming from.

Also go read books at the library, not that much on the internet.

Lemon juice has natural fruit acids that gently exfoliate did skin and act as a ph balancer, and really help with red marks I have acne and alot of red marks which makes it look like I have alot more acne when I don't and I find drinking lemon juice with water and also applying it on the skin helps alot. Also try mederma scar skin care it has onion bulb extract and allaintoin which is said to help with red marks.

try drinking at least 1 gallon of water a day. Especially if you're using creatine or anything you need all that extra water but the more water you drink the more hydrated your skin will be. Also if you completely stop drinking milk it'll help out your acne.