Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
c'est la vigne

I Finally Ordered Some Of Dan's Products...

After about seven months on The Regimen, I finally ordered the Benzoyl Peroxide and AHA from danielkern.com. I opted for the cheapest shipping rate, which said it would take 2-5 business days to get here, but I was just wondering if anyone else from Chicago had ordered supplies from the site, and how long it took for them to get their order.

Also, I'm kinda nervous about switching from Neutrogena On The Spot to Dan's BP. I've seen some people talk about breaking out after switching over, and good grief, I don't want that. I dunno. I guess I'm just nervous and anxious about using something new. I mean, what's the consistency like? Is it anything like BenzaClin? Does everybody break out a little when they switch over? Should I use the same amount of Dan's BP as I'm using with the NOTS, or should I take it easy and start with a little less, and work my way back up?

And should I wait for a little while after I switch over to Dan's BP to start using the AHA? How long does it take for the AHA to really start working? And how long does a tube of AHA typically last? I'm really hoping it'll be as wonderful as the people on the Org have made it seem.

I'm excited. And scared. And nervous. o_0

haha, I can see why your nervous to use new products you heard much about but never tried it.

First of all c'est la vigne, Since you've been using Neutrogena On-The-Spot for a long time (I Hope), You skin would likely be used to the BP by and no longer dries the skin out. Just in case something bad happens, you should start out the regimen with 1 full pump and gradually work your way up to two within 2 weeks. There might be little breakout going on the first week, but it will subside. Hopefully there isn't though.

As for the AHA+, wait till you reach the full 2 pumps then use it. AHA+ would also give you another short breakout the first 2-3 days. The good thing is, it does an amazing job clearing brown and red spots. So Yay for that. Dan's AHA+ started working out for me in 1-2 days. Lightened some of my scars i had on my face. A Tube would last for maybe 1-2 months. If your using it for chest and back acne, it wouldn't last so long. Just make sure you buy 2 bottles if you have back/chest acne and want to attempt in using AHA+.

(Hah, I feel like such a n00b having to ask all these questions and stuff. It's ridiculous, considering how long I've been on The Regimen.)

I appreciate you getting back to me, Timothy.

I'm hoping my skin won't react too badly to the changeover. It sounds like you think I should take it easy for a bit when I make the switch, huh? The thing is, I only use one finger's worth of Benzoyl Peroxide as it is (and only at night), so I guess I should just start out with a little less than a full pump of Dan's BP and work up to a full pump. And I guess I'll just wait a week or so after I switch to Dan's BP to start on the AHA.

I'm just really nervous about breaking out. I've had terribly low self-esteem since I was a kid (even before I had acne), and I have terrible social anxiety issues. I didn't mind breaking out a little when I first started The Regimen, because I pretty much never left my house. I hadn't worked since February, and the only time I'd go out was to go grocery shopping, and it had to be late at night, and I had to be fully made up. But I just got a job a month ago, and I'm ridiculously aware of how people perceive me. Right now, I've got my first zit since I've started this job, and I feel like absolute hell about it. I don't know what I'd do if my skin got all dry and flaky or broke out. Probably just quit so as to avoid being seen (yes, unfortunately, I'm that paranoid).

(Sigh.) Anyway, as for the AHA... Does the it help to, like, even skin tone and stuff too? I mean, I'm not very splotchy or anything--I'm just wondering what all it's good for. And, since it's an exfoliant, it should help with any little rough-ish patches I might get, too, right? 'Cause sometimes I get, like, a little patch of clogged pores on my cheek, and even though they're pretty much invisible, they still bother me. I'm hoping I can get a full two months out of it, because my boyfriend was already giving me flack about how much I was paying for a six ounce tube. I'm lucky enough to not have body acne, though, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it last a while.

Yes it does.

When first using the AHA+ it should exfoliate many of those clogged pores and some naked to human eye. Some disappears, a few become pimples. It takes all the junk inside those pores out which makes this product a great add-on to benzoyl peroxide. After a weeks use of this product you'll love it.

Its good to hear your going to start off with a low amount just so you can stay on the safe side. Just make sure you use moisturizer, because i don't want to hear any dryness issues. :]

Also, i have a question.

Why are you switching to Dan's Treatment? I can see why you decided to go with AHA+, but not really for the BP. Is it because of the price? :]

Oooh, Timothy, you're getting me so jazzed up about the AHA! : D

And you're dead on. I'm tired of paying, like, seven dollars every week and a half for .75oz of Benzoyl Peroxide. It's just ridiculous. And, actually, it was always my plan to buy the BP from this site, but my boyfriend wanted me to prove that The Regimen actually worked before he'd let me order anything with his credit card. So here I am, seven months in, and completely clear about 99% of the time, so I think that's more than adequate as far as proof goes.

Oh, and no worries. I moisturize like a mofo. ; )

lmao.

So you use his credit card eh.. hahah.

Im sorry for being how you called "jazzed" but yeah, it works wonders.

It really does seem ridiculous to pay that much a week. Switching to this should save you more money. Also, about that pimple you got. If you had some AHA, could of used it as a spot treatment. haha.

It took seven months to believe that the regimen actually worked? Holy &*^*

Make sure you apply lots of moisturizer now ya hear? Schedule yourself to reapply it every 2-4 hours. Be gentle when applying any products.

Heh, yeah, I don't have a bank account right now, so I have to use his card if I want to get anything online. And, no, lol, it didn't take seven months to prove that The Regimen worked. I think he actually conceded after about three months, but we've been working on our house a lot, so money's been tight, and he kept pushing back when I could order (like I said, I didn't have a job until a month ago, so up until now, he was going to have to be the one to pay for my supplies).

And no worries, mate. Being jazzed is a good thing. Like, I meant it as "You're getting me excited", follow?

And yeah, yeah. Moisturize. I know. Don't forget, I've been Regimenin' it up for a good long while now. I've got this shit down pat. : D

Lols, i know, just making sure :]

Well, I'm off to bed. Good Night >.^

Sleep early or....BOOM! A BREAKOUT!!

Good night, Timothy. And, lol, if what you say is true, at this rate, I'll be covered in blemishes in no time. My sleep schedule is so wacky. I get eight hours of sleep on any given night, but I don't go to bed until the wee hours of the morning. : P

Luckily, you're full of lies. Lies!

I agree with Tim that since you're already used to the BP, you shouldn't have an IB.

And if you're switching to Dan's, then you're in for a good surprise - you'll be amazed at how much easier the gel absorbs (no sticky white residue!) than Neutro's does. It feels better, is less drying and irratating, and is actually *soothing* when I spread it on, as opposed to Neutro's feeling a little grimy.

And the AHA - I use it once a day, at night, and it has helped even out my skin tone, and helped clear up my chest acne signifigantly.

I'm so excited for you, Cest!

I live in Chicago, IL a few blocks away from the Ford Assembly Line well I ordered Dans BP and cleanser in August it took me 3 days to get my package but I recommend you get UPS instead of us mail express shipping because the second time I ordered from Dan which was AHA & jojoba oil and when my package came in it was all ripped up and I only found my jojoba oil but my AHA was missing man was I pissed that day

I agree with Tim that since you're already used to the BP, you shouldn't have an IB.

And if you're switching to Dan's, then you're in for a good surprise - you'll be amazed at how much easier the gel absorbs (no sticky white residue!) than Neutro's does. It feels better, is less drying and irratating, and is actually *soothing* when I spread it on, as opposed to Neutro's feeling a little grimy.

And the AHA - I use it once a day, at night, and it has helped even out my skin tone, and helped clear up my chest acne signifigantly.

I'm so excited for you, Cest!

Oh, Elsewhere, I'm excited too! I'm just a bit of a worrier, so of course I'm sitting here, thinking of all the ways this could go horribly wrong.

So you don't think Dan's BP will break me out? 'Cause, like I said, I've seen a few threads where people say they broke out after switching over, and other people said it was because Dan's BP sinks deeper into the skin or something.

And maybe you can tell me what the consistency's like. I know it's gel-based, and the only thing I can think to compare it to is BenzaClin (which I loved). If it's anything like BenzaClin, I'll probably love it. I always loved putting that stuff on.

And the AHA... I'm just... I don't even know. I can't wait. : D

I live in Chicago, IL a few blocks away from the Ford Assembly Line well I ordered Dans BP and cleanser in August it took me 3 days to get my package but I recommend you get UPS instead of us mail express shipping because the second time I ordered from Dan which was AHA & jojoba oil and when my package came in it was all ripped up and I only found my jojoba oil but my AHA was missing man was I pissed that day

Okay, I live right at Harlem and Foster, so hi from over here! Unfortunately, I've already placed my order, and we went with US Mail Priority Shipping, 'cause it was the cheapest, and I don't mind waiting a few extra days. I just hope my package gets here complete and intact! But, like, all in all, you were satisfied with how fast your shipment came?

I mean, what's the consistency like? Is it anything like BenzaClin? Does everybody break out a little when they switch over?

hey man.. i switched over from neutrogena on the spot about a month ago. definitely a good move. the consistency is much nicer, it's pretty much the same as benzaclin, except half as drying. i didn't break out when i switched, but i know some people do. hope this helped.

I mean, what's the consistency like? Is it anything like BenzaClin? Does everybody break out a little when they switch over?

hey man.. i switched over from neutrogena on the spot about a month ago. definitely a good move. the consistency is much nicer, it's pretty much the same as benzaclin, except half as drying. i didn't break out when i switched, but i know some people do. hope this helped.

Perfect. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thank you!

Also, it's, "Hey lady". ; )

woohoo!!! your enthusiam is contagious! you'll be very happy with dan's bp. it's a much higher quality product at a much cheaper price. i've never tried benzaclin, so i'm not sure what the consistency is, but compared to nots, it's more like a gel than a cream, spreads easier, and absorbs faster. it also doesn't leave a white residue like nots sometimes does. i would recommend just using the same amount of dan's as you were using with nots. i can't remember if i had an initial breakout when i switched over, but if it was, it was relatively minor.

as far as aha+ goes, i actually don't go through it as fast as timothy does. i use it only at night and about a pea sized dollop. i've had the same bottle since sometime in the summer (i think i got it in august.) it's really nice stuff and helps a ton if you have any flaking at all from bp. i would also recommend the jojoba oil. out of all dan's products, this has made the most difference in my skin. i have really dry skin, and it keeps it nice and hydrated, plus, my skin's on the sensitive side and can get red. this has helped reduce redness a lot. let us know what you think! oh, and i've always gotten regular usps shipping and have never had a problem. :)

woohoo!!! your enthusiam is contagious! you'll be very happy with dan's bp. it's a much higher quality product at a much cheaper price. i've never tried benzaclin, so i'm not sure what the consistency is, but compared to nots, it's more like a gel than a cream, spreads easier, and absorbs faster. it also doesn't leave a white residue like nots sometimes does. i would recommend just using the same amount of dan's as you were using with nots. i can't remember if i had an initial breakout when i switched over, but if it was, it was relatively minor.

as far as aha+ goes, i actually don't go through it as fast as timothy does. i use it only at night and about a pea sized dollop. i've had the same bottle since sometime in the summer (i think i got it in august.) it's really nice stuff and helps a ton if you have any flaking at all from bp. i would also recommend the jojoba oil. out of all dan's products, this has made the most difference in my skin. i have really dry skin, and it keeps it nice and hydrated, plus, my skin's on the sensitive side and can get red. this has helped reduce redness a lot. let us know what you think! oh, and i've always gotten regular usps shipping and have never had a problem. :)

Cooly. I'm hoping my stuff will be here by mid-week. The shipping option said two to five days, but what with New Year's and weekends and stuff, you know... ; )

From what everybody's telling me, it kind of sounds like Dan's BP will be similar to BenzaClin, which is great. I've always preferred the consistency of BenzaClin to the consistency of NOTS, even to the point of having my boyfriend sneak some of his brother's BenzaClin into a little baggy for me.

I mean, the white NOTS residue isn't really an issue for me, because I only use BP at night, but still. It'll be nice to not have my face feel all chalky at night. I always feel kind of gross when I put my BP on, because I know my boyfriend can see and feel it. I'm sure he doesn't care, but I'd rather not look dusty in front of him. (Aww, we've been together for three years, and I still want to look pretty for him when we're going to bed. : D)

I have a question about the AHA, though. You say you only use, like, a pea-sized amount, but how do you get that to cover your entire face? I mean, I guess I can kinda understand, because I can make a pea-sized amount of my Cetaphil moisturizer cover my whole face... But, like... I dunno. Maybe I'm just being silly. I guess, in my head, I'm going, "People say it's sticky. Plus the BP will probably make it ever more tacky. So how will it spread?", 'cause I only moisturize in the morning, when I don't have BP on. So, you know, it's not like my Cetaphil is getting all gunked up and mixed in with BP... Am I making any sense? Plus, in Dan's AHA video, he says to make a line of it on your finger, which would definitely be more than a pea-sized squeeze.

The AHA is kind of runny, though, right? Not thick? Pfff, Here I am, going off on all this nonsense when I should just wait 'til I get the darn stuff and see what it is I'm dealing with. With all the positive reviews of Dan's BP and AHA, I don't actually know why I'm worrying at all!

At any rate, I don't need the AHA for flaking or anything. I'm just kind of hoping to fade a few lingering pink marks and, basically, just even my skin tone and make my skin as nice as I can.

And I may or may not try the jojoba oil at some point. My skin's not too dry or anything, plus I usually mix a few drops of extra virgin olive oil into my bottle of moisturizer, which has been really great for my skin, from what I can tell. Plus, lol, money's kinda tight. Stupid economy. : P

But anyway, I'll definitely update as soon as my stuff gets here, and then again after I've tried them out. *does wiggly dance*

At any rate, I don't need the AHA for flaking or anything. I'm just kind of hoping to fade a few lingering pink marks and, basically, just even my skin tone and make my skin as nice as I can.

This is the same reason I purchased the aha+ as well. My order is still processing but I'm excited to try this out soon enough. :dance:

This is the same reason I purchased the aha+ as well. My order is still processing but I'm excited to try this out soon enough. :dance:

Ooh, lemme know when you get yours, and we can compare notes! ; D

Sounds good! I plan to use it for the following:

1) Flaking skin caused by the winter

2) Clogged pores on nose

3) About 5 blemishes from a past breakout that won't fade away quickly.

So it's a few factors here. Will AHA+ have what it takes to abolish these troublesome skin problems?

to be continued...

:surprised:

Sounds good! I plan to use it for the following:

1) Flaking skin caused by the winter

2) Clogged pores on nose

3) About 5 blemishes from a past breakout that won't fade away quickly.

So it's a few factors here. Will AHA+ have what it takes to abolish these troublesome skin problems?

to be continued...

:surprised:

Alrighty! Sounds about right.

I, too, am hoping it will help with the very, very minor dry skin problem (if you could even call it that) I have around my mouth due to the dry winter air. Really, it's nothing a quick scrub in the shower and some moisturizer can't handle, but still, it'll be interesting to see how the AHA works on it.

I also have some small clogged pores in the creases of my nostrils and the crease where my lower lip meets my chin (especially right where my labret piercing is). I kinda think they're just one of those things that only I can see, but again, I'm eager to see what effect the AHA has on them.

And lastly, I have a giant red mark on my cheek right now that I'm hoping the AHA will do away with for the most part. I was so happy that my skin had been completely clear for months, and all my red marks had faded, and then BAM! I got this zit on my cheek that never really came to a head (although, if I touch it, I can still feel a small lump under the skin, even though it's flattened out on the the surface), but it was so, so red and horrible. I've been applying extra virgin olive oil to it at night, after my BP, and so far it's faded from bright red to a kind of deep pink, but I'm hoping the AHA will be more effective than the olive oil.

Come on, package! Get here FAST!

THEY CAME!! 8 D

I'm all excited to use them, but I want to give them a chance to warm up. They've been in my mailbox for hours and they're a bit chilly.

Woohoo!