Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InRepair

Anyone have a good Liquid/Creme Foundation that is safe to use?

I'm done with mineral makeup, it just doesn't do it for me. I'm looking into trying out liquid though I may like cream foundation better I dunno. I tried it many many years ago, and it was a terrible mistake, but at the time I knew nothing about make up or what to look for. I grabbed a random one and that was it lol. I know liquid/creme is much different then mineral make up and even how to apply it, so any help on how to apply or/and how to choose the right shade would be helpful.

Which is better for acne and easier to put on creme or liquid?

umm if u post a pic of urself ppl might be able to help with ur shade. it depends if u have pink or blue or yellow undertones...revlon colorstay liquid foundation mixed with physicians formula rx concealer makes a great foundation ive found out...u should try it if u have red marks or acne

I would highly recommend bb creams. The most popular brands are from Korea such as Skin Food, Hanskin, Skin79, Dr Jart.

BB creams are foundation, concealer in one with added benefits. If you do a google search, there are plenty of reviews on bb creams

I posted a picture a long time but I'll get a new one up.

I've heard Laura Mercier and estee lauder are good make up, but I dunno if there acne safe. Has anyone tried those?

I use Clinique's city-base foundation that is cream to powder. It looks really natural and I haven't noticed any new breakouts because of it. I also use clinique's acne solutions concealer before applying my foundation.

Definitely look for an oil free one.

Don't use mac. it ruined my skin.

I'm done with mineral makeup, it just doesn't do it for me. I'm looking into trying out liquid though I may like cream foundation better I dunno. I tried it many many years ago, and it was a terrible mistake, but at the time I knew nothing about make up or what to look for. I grabbed a random one and that was it lol. I know liquid/creme is much different then mineral make up and even how to apply it, so any help on how to apply or/and how to choose the right shade would be helpful.

I think Clinique is a good idea. But can you enlighten us as to why you stopped using mineral make-up?

Used to spend a FORTUNE on make up.... especially mineral makeup. I never really liked it and it ALWAYS made me oily and always seemed to get darker after a few hours.... so weird. anyways, you might not try this cause it's cheap, but I swear by max factor! Go to walmart, target or whatever and in the max factor section you'll find a makeup stick called "pan-stick". Just like a twist tube of fondation.... LOVE it. Also I really recommend a fondation brush. (flat, thin brush) It'll give you great coverage without looking like you've got a TON of makeup on. just be sure to find the right shade and apply with the brush! Good luck.

oh and I have SUPER sensitive skin and it doesn't cause me to breakout at all. I'm sure it won't for you either

Used to spend a FORTUNE on make up.... especially mineral makeup. I never really liked it and it ALWAYS made me oily and always seemed to get darker after a few hours.... so weird. anyways, you might not try this cause it's cheap, but I swear by max factor! Go to walmart, target or whatever and in the max factor section you'll find a makeup stick called "pan-stick". Just like a twist tube of fondation.... LOVE it. Also I really recommend a fondation brush. (flat, thin brush) It'll give you great coverage without looking like you've got a TON of makeup on. just be sure to find the right shade and apply with the brush! Good luck.

oh and I have SUPER sensitive skin and it doesn't cause me to breakout at all. I'm sure it won't for you either

I found Pan Stick REALLY heavy/oily. And mineral makeup works for me! :think:

Atleast with the price you can't feel guilty for trying!

I'm looking for a good liquid foundation as well, right now I use everyday minerals and with my ever since I started the regimen, the mineral foundation makes my skin looking flakey and it looks really cakey, idk if youre having the same problem maybe.

How much is the clinique foundation, and will the ppl at the counters match your color for you?

im now using este lauder double wear foundation. (thanks to a certain young lady on here)

i use that with the bare essietnails full coverage conclear brush

i use it on my red spots blend in with a spounge.

Then i use maybelline mineral powder which i LOVE.

it gives me a natural finish, and it lasts. And most importantly it doesn't break me out.

I know este lauder is good for acne prones skin. The mineral powder im not too sure, i know it doesn't break me out but i can't really say for anyone else cause we all have different skin.

good luck !

Honestly I dont think many liquids are "safe." But the safest ones I have come across, and have personally used are the Physicians Formula Liquid Mineral Wear Foundation (its talc free, and minerals) and Maybelline Pure Makeup because its mostly water. They are formulated for sensitive or problem skin, and have little to no chance of breaking you out. I've had good experience with them...and they have great coverage, but I've changed to powder because its much safer.

okay so i am a makeup fanatic! i have tried just about every single foundation out there...i have red spots that i want to cover up but if i wear a foundation that is too heavy it just looks cakey by the end of the day and wears off...because my skin produces sooo much oil..its a pain in the ass...i have tried everything from 10 dollar foundation to 50 dollar foundation and i actually found a mineral powder foundation that works and does not make my skin breakout or look oily...it covers...and lasts all day (i do have to touch up..because i cant control the oil completely...but i use whats called a perfecting powder throughout the day...which has a clay base and is translucent...so it doesnt build up..but it removes the oil. $37) the makeup is glo minerals...it is professional only..you can find it is salon and spas...we carry it in my salon however i believe there are only a few salons in my state (mass) that have it, it is out of colorado...the pressed powder runs for 39 and the ultra brush (what i use) is 37. But if you are serious about finding something that works...blends flawlessly, covers, and isnt cakey i would look them up and see if a salon carries it in your town. At least go into the salon, they should do a free color matchup.

hope that helps....but before i used glo minerals i used origins foundation...loved it! they had a liquid that was perfect for oily skin...then i would always put a pressed powder over it for the oil(also from origins)...and it covered...however my skin got used to it and it stopped working as well as it used to and i needed to find a new best friend.

Thanks for the rec on here Max Factor Pan Stic. I have worn it for a week with no reaction. I think my skin breaks out more from silicones than mineral oil or beeswax. I bought two - natural and true beige to test and it really doesn't cause breakouts.

This is a great find!

Note: I am using this as a concealer and dab it on with the L'oreal concealer brush (another excellent find). May not be suitable for those sensitive to mineral oil. But go ahead and try it, I actually like this much better than the Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer with silicones - I am tossing that one away.

I currently use Almay mearly naked liquid foundation for Normal/Combo skin which I love because it lasts a long time, look natural and even , doesnt break me out and I switched after using Covergirl foundationn which had so much oil in it and looked orange...trust me give it a try

Honestly I dont think many liquids are "safe." But the safest ones I have come across, and have personally used are the Physicians Formula Liquid Mineral Wear Foundation (its talc free, and minerals) and Maybelline Pure Makeup because its mostly water. They are formulated for sensitive or problem skin, and have little to no chance of breaking you out. I've had good experience with them...and they have great coverage, but I've changed to powder because its much safer.

I'll second the recommendation for the Physicians Formula Liquid Mineral Wear Foundation. It's hypoallergenic, non-com, talc free, an antimicrobial application sponge, and has the minerals in it. I use it with the Physicians Formula concealer (I forget the name but it has green on one end and flesh colored on the other end). I'm really impressed with the coverage it provides--I have a lot of flat scarring and red marks on my face, and the make-up does a pretty good job of making most of those indiscernible to those who don't know I have skin problems.

Plus, it's not THAT expensive. I think I paid about $12 for the foundation--it's a little more expensive than the other drugstore brands, but not as expensive as the Clinique makeup, for example.

I'm really surprised at the number of people recommending the Physician's Formula Liquid Mineral Make-up. That stuff breaks me out worse than any other makeup I've ever used. The coverage was awesome, but it created a lot more stuff that needed to be covered.

I wish it had worked as well for me as it did for a lot of the rest of you!

I like BE for everyday(I know you don't like MMU) BUT for special occassions I ADORE Revlon Colorstay for C/O skin. It works wonders at making my look flawless, stays put, and a plus, I found a perfect shade match(which is tough to do for my super fair freckled skin)

i like px the best!

i found clinique ones too pink for my asian yellow skin

estee lauder is also great

lancome is also one of my fav but breaks me out. i still use it only at night when i go partying htough

lasts for ages too