Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LATOO

Oatmeal

Is this okay for acne or should I leave it out? Ive been eliminating dairy totally for a week and mostly just ben eating nuts, meat, veggies, and fruit....but I honestly have no idea what to eat for breakfast lol but maybe an apple and thats just not filling, I guess I could try bacon or sausages??

Ewwww i hate sweet potatoes lol, but you could try them. Or be a rebel and eat two apples but i cant imagine that would be to fun or still yet very filling. As for sausage and bacon i would say that was quite a big no no lol, i think its ok as a treat every so often but eating that each day for your breakfast really isnt good.

I personally dont eat any breakfast, never have done. I just go on till lunchtime and maybes hav a small sandwich mid morning or something if i'm a bit hungry. I'm sure theres plenty around to try though. Have you tried breakfast bars? they may be alright :) contain real fruit etc but no doubt someone will say they are horrific for you lol. Have a browse round the supermarket and see what there is (:

Ewwww i hate sweet potatoes lol, but you could try them.

Wow. I love sweet potatoes. You aren't equating them with the nasty sweetened canned things, or what they serve in crappy restaurants and cafeterias? Or the nasty sugar filled marshmallow thing people for some reason eat at Thanksgiving are you? I really don't get why people add sugar to something that's already sweet. They are delicious plain, with butter, sprinkled with cinnamon, or my favorite way, sprinkled with seasoned salt (like they put on sweet potato or seasoned fries) and herbs and coated with olive oil. Kind of like the olive oil and herb dipping sauce you get at Italian restaurants, except with nutritious sweet potatoes in place of nutritionally void bread.

And they are extremely nutritious and filling.

In my experience, every time someone tells me they don't like some vegetable, it turns out they are talking about mushy, over boiled or canned veggies. I don't like those either. But that doesn't mean I don't like vegetables.

When I was eating Oatmeal it seemed to be fine for my skin. Also, about Bacon and Sausage you could try getting turkey bacon and turkey/chicken sausage, both really good. I get the whole foods 365 brand turkey bacon, it's actually pretty healthy and the protein per strip is good. Sweet potatoes are also a great idea, good for the skin.

When I was eating Oatmeal it seemed to be fine for my skin. Also, about Bacon and Sausage you could try getting turkey bacon and turkey/chicken sausage, both really good. I get the whole foods 365 brand turkey bacon, it's actually pretty healthy and the protein per strip is good. Sweet potatoes are also a great idea, good for the skin.

I second the Whole Foods Turkey bacon idea. That stuff is fantastic.

Also, I have trouble with oatmeal. I typically eat a couple hard boiled eggs, an apple, and some cashews for breakfast.

MMMMMMMM Bacon

Lmao! :lol:

I only eat proper vegetables :) sometimes steamed because they are even better for you. Sweet potatos are just something i dont like, just one of them things really.

I dont know how anyone could eat like hot bacon, sausages or any kinds of meat every morning for breakfast :|. Cant be too healthy, i would definitely only do it as a treat every so often.

Though if you want to cut the dairy out its not uncommon to have water instead of milk on your cereal, my dad used to do that for some reason, probebly because he couldnt be bothered to go out and get milk :P. Am sure it doesnt taste that bad. Fruits probebly the best option, make a fruit salad so its more filling because there will be more there :), i often have fruit salads, they are nice.

Whole Grain slow cooked oatmeal is wonderful!

I eat 1/2 cup every morning and add in some Country Crock Omega 3 Butter (no trans fat or hydrogenated oils) and some natural honey. It will help with cholesterol and regulate the digestive system-which is good for the skin. I haven't had any problems with eating it.

That, or I eat boiled or scrambled eggs with it occasionally too.

Whole Grain slow cooked oatmeal is wonderful!

I eat 1/2 cup every morning and add in some Country Crock Omega 3 Butter (no trans fat or hydrogenated oils) and some natural honey. It will help with cholesterol and regulate the digestive system-which is good for the skin. I haven't had any problems with eating it.

That, or I eat boiled or scrambled eggs with it occasionally too.

That sounds rather nice :), i dont eat breakfast usually but maybes something like that is what i should try, especially if there isnt any problems with having it and its good for the skin.. andd how have i not heard of Omega 3 butter, probebly because i dont eat butter but i will keep on eye out because i'm trying to get more Omega 3 into my diet.

Well I eat it out of the packet (verrrry rushed in the morning) and I just add 1/2 cup of water, put it in the microwave then cut up a whole apple, or put some blueberries in it (i buy the low sugar kind) I just didnt know if this was ok being that Im strict on lunch and dinner.

I don't like sweet potatoes though, unfortuanately.

I cant see it being much of a problem then, sounds like a perfectly healthy breakfast to me actually :). When your on a strict lunch and dinner i think its ok to be a bit more flexible. Having the extra fruit with it is great as well. I cant see any reason why you would have to change, think what your currently doing is good for your skin and overall for your body :D

I love oatmeal, eat it usually during the week at work after I work out. I eat the GoLean Honey & Cinnamon and don't think I have had any problems. It's really good for you. If I don't eat than I eat eggs and toast.

And for those that don't east breakfast, tisk-tisk. That is an unhealthy eating pattern- though I'm sure you know this.

Ewwww i hate sweet potatoes lol, but you could try them. Or be a rebel and eat two apples but i cant imagine that would be to fun or still yet very filling. As for sausage and bacon i would say that was quite a big no no lol, i think its ok as a treat every so often but eating that each day for your breakfast really isnt good.

I personally dont eat any breakfast, never have done. I just go on till lunchtime and maybes hav a small sandwich mid morning or something if i'm a bit hungry. I'm sure theres plenty around to try though. Have you tried breakfast bars? they may be alright :) contain real fruit etc but no doubt someone will say they are horrific for you lol. Have a browse round the supermarket and see what there is (:

Cereal bars contain real fruit and real oats ? and are a quick easy alternative to a breakfast without it being too unhealthy and taking up too much time. Providing you purchase the correct kind and not the ones filled with sugar.

Bacon is cooked in oil and often contains a lot of fat, eating that every day is not good at all! I suppose if you purchase a good kind and cook it right then fair enough it may be alright but usually this kind is more expensive and generally most people probably wont buy that kind.

Maybe its just where i am its just considered to be unhealthy then. Or maybes if you excersize a lot and can burn it off fair enough.

Hmm i think they vary from brands between the UK and US, because i live in the UK. However ones with mainly natural ingredients, supermarkets like the ones over here have their own brands. Just have a browse around when your in your local store or wherever and see what there is available, i personally dont purchase them for myself but when i do a shop for my grandma shes always after some and i just get the stores own make. Which is just stuff like cranberry's and oats with natural honey, theres a variety available.

Bacon is cooked in oil and often contains a lot of fat,

That is the whole point, I don't cook it in oil, because it has enough grease itself, but I like to eat it because I try to get 65% or more of my calories from fat.

And no, it's not just where you live, a lot of people in the US consider eggs and bacon, and fat in general, to be really unhealthy. I don't.

Oatmeal is definitely one of the more healthier grains out there. IMO it's best to avoid the instant oatmeal and go for the real deal.

It's actually surprisingly easy/quick to cook if you are willing to put in a little preparation:

Soak equal amounts of oatmeal/water overnight (ie 1:1 ratio) (if you tolerate it, add a small amount of kefir or yogurt to the soak to help remove phytates, etc.)

Boil the same amount of water with some salt in the morning

Add the oatmeal/water mixture

Simmer for a few minutes

Add healthy fat and/or natural sweeteners and/or spices to taste and enjoy