Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ttomp13

Going against mainstream media with this diet site

I don't know whether or not I am allowed to post this. If not, I greatly apologize to the mods. However, I figured this may be something that you may find interesting.

I created this site called: DoesItCauseAcne.Com

It's all poll and user related. I create a post saying "Does ____ cause acne."

You then get to vote on your opinion.

I find it interesting that out of the 18 votes received on the main poll: "Does diet play a role in acne," 94.4% believe that it does.

Anyway, I figured this may be something that you guys would be interested in checking out.

What do you think about diet and acne?

I personally believe it plays a huge role. I know there is no scientific proof, but based on votes

and personal experience it seems that some foods and drinks cause breakouts. Soda especially.

What's your call on diet and acne?

What's your call on diet and acne?

I know it affects acne. How could it not. Nutrients are what your body uses to perform it's functions.

My usual response:

Diet effects acne in so many ways: digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, hormone balance, SHBG levels, Insulin resistance, inflammation, cell function and turnover, sebum quality, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc, etc. And most of those overlap, along with environment and lifestyle habits like stress management, sleep and exercise.