Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
orangeriver

Head & Shoulders 2 in 1?

Hello everyone, I've been hearing a lot about the wonders of using Head & Shoulders to clear body acne and I'm wondering if using the Head & Shoulders that comes with conditioner (Head & Shoulders 2 in 1) will still work. I've long suspected that my shampoos and conditioners might be the culprits for my bacne so I'd like to avoid using a separate conditioner so as not to botch the results.

Has anyone used Head & Shoulders 2 in 1 for bacne with success? Should I only use the Head & Shoulders shampoo? Any help would be much appreciated ;)

I'm skeptical. I am not by any means an authority on the chemical properties of head and shoulders, and how it would interact with your skin, but you yourself have indicated that you fear conditioners might be causing problems for your skin. Im not sure that using a conditioner on your skin would be a great idea. I know that the head and shoulders classic shampoo has worked for a lot of people, but i would be very careful in applying a conditioner. Hopefully someone else comes along who can tell you better.

Yeah, you shouldn't use the 2 in 1. Just find the Classic Head & Shoulders, thats what its called. H&S contains zinc, and thats why its so helpful in clearing up bacne. Just wash your back and then do something else in the shower like shave your legs for a couple of minutes then wash it off. DO NOT let it dry or sleep with it on, you'll get rash. All it takes is a few minutes and you will be clear within a week.