Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BriannaBanana

why is my forehead clear?

I have a flawless forehead ( that sounds really weird). There is no acne on it, no redness, no blackheads, nothing. Why is my forehead clear when the rest of my face is just covered in acne and redness?

Pure chance. Although there are variables that persuade where acne should go. Maybe you touch your face a lot but not your forehead. Maybe your hair doesn't cover your forehead, or if it does it's not really oily hair. Personally I've had acne pretty much everywhere, but not all at once (usually) Last year I had acne all over my forehead but to much everywhere else. This year my forehead looks pristine but the rest of my face has really broken out.

ya same here. i just started washing it too while on the regimen, ive been clear forevor even while i used to NEVER even wash it and my hair would cover it

im the same way too! i honly get acne on my chin mostly a couple here and there on my cheeks...but none on my forehead or nose really... well a few blackheads on my nose but nothing noticable.

Adam 08 i wash my whole face and put clindamycin lotion on my whole face too.... and heres the kicker, i have bangs! hmm very odd indeed

The forehead is likely the first thing that usually gets cleared when your on the regimen, which is pretty weird.

Maybe people add more Bp up there because of the open room. I'm not so sure though.

because topicals/cleansers etc are not touching your forehead.

i would understand where your coming from adam but i have acne in other places than my face, which i apply 'nothing' to

meagain: fair enough.

daxx: acne or just the odd pimple?

blackheads all over my back/shoulders and moderate inflammation, also a little on my chest too. ill outgrow it eventually i guess my dad had the same thing

You actually may be right about since i never touched it it never developed acne, but since im on the regimen i figured id just give the whole face a go, because i have had a real problem area above my upper lip FOREVOR :P

My forehead was the first place acne hit! And it's coming back! And everywher else has acne, but definitely not as much as my forehead by far . D:

Acne tends to start up on the forehead and makes it's way down the face.

Yeah for some reason also I have no acne on my forehead except for like 3-4 blackheads thats barely even noticeable up close, I mean I did start off with acne on my forehead and now that i think of it......it has been like going down my face at the moment I have acne on my cheeks and thats it and a few blackheads on my nose like 2-3.....maybe it just starts off the forehead and ends at the chin...but thats just a guess

I think the flesh on your forehead is a lot thinner than on your face. So your pores aren't as deep and its easy to clean and treat.

that makes sense!

I've read in quite a few sources that forehead acne is usually associated with teenagers and adult acne 'migrates' to the lower half of one's face i.e. cheeks, chin. That certainly was the case with me! When I started having acne at the age of 12, it was all on my forehead and nowhere else. However that changed rather quickly and my cheeks became the chief problem area. I'm now 22 and my forehead is always in pristine condition. I have some blackhead on my nose but it doesn't really bother me. My cheeks are the only part of my face that really breakout...

Well, I'm a teenager and my forehead is clear. Besides one little bump that I'm not even going to acknowledge because its so small. My forehead has been clear for months basically besides the odd clogged pore. I get the worst acne on my cheeks and cheekbones. Little acne on jawline. On the sides of my chin I also get acne but not the center of my chin really besides small blackheads.

Does this have anything to do with sleeping? I sleep on my side.

same with me my forehead is clear! once a month I might get a small pimple there and occasionally 1 or 2 tinnnnny bumps that are almost invisible but nver and blackheads or big bumps or whiteheads. i dont apply any topicals on it but im not sure if this is the reason. also, i probably touch my forehead more than any other part of my face so i am clueless as to why its always clear.

My forehead was the first place acne hit! And it's coming back! And everywher else has acne, but definitely not as much as my forehead by far . D:

Acne tends to start up on the forehead and makes it's way down the face.

Yes. My forehead has been mostly clear for so long, but my acne started there. However, my forehead is the only place I've ever observed breakouts from topicals. I get tiny, non-inflamed bumps when I've tried moisturizing with oils like jojoba.

my forehead was probably the first part of my face to clear up, not sure why. and, if any of you out there suffer from pigmentation, did you find that the pigmentation that disappeared quickest was from breakouts on your forehead??? i did anyway...

You've probably heard that different areas of your face have different "levels" i guess you could say. Some are dry, normal or oily. Your forehead is probably normal or similar, which tends to minimize the amount of acne you get there. It could be for another odd reason, but who knows?

in the history of my acne i've only had maybe 5 zits ever on my forehead wich over 3 or 4 yeasr isnt much. its usually always clear. i only get them when i play summber football and have a sweating helmut on my forehead.