Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whythankyou

Anyone else's hometown suck?

People suck no matter where you go, learn to appreciate your surroundings for what they are, not who is in them.

Anyway, this is probably going to get moved to the lounge because it's off topic....and since you are new, you won't have access to it.

(unless you somehow relate this to acne fast!)

There's a lounge? Has my vision become impaired due to sitting on the internet too much or do I not have access? :P

You have to be a veteran member to have access. Keep posting, and eventually you will!

The surroundings suck too! Unless you think Walmarts and chain restaurants are beautiful...

Well, instead of dwelling on how you are unhappy with your surroundings, why not take a trip somewhere? Just get out for a little while. I used to be really unhappy with my hometown in NH until I moved to NYC for a few years. Now I can't imagine leaving this place.

The surroundings suck too! Unless you think Walmarts and chain restaurants are beautiful...

Well, instead of dwelling on how you are unhappy with your surroundings, why not take a trip somewhere? Just get out for a little while. I used to be really unhappy with my hometown in NH until I moved to NYC for a few years. Now I can't imagine leaving this place.

How did you get out? I would love to live somewhere like NYC...

How did you get out? I would love to live somewhere like NYC...

I went to college there. And living in a place like NYC isn't as cool as it seems. Actually, it's a fucking dump. Unless you are wealthy, the city is pretty miserable.

There's a lounge? Has my vision become impaired due to sitting on the internet too much or do I not have access? :P

You have to be a veteran member to have access. Keep posting, and eventually you will!

Oh spiffy, a new idea for a new year resolution. :cool:

I liked Phoenix. :) I grew up in Sierra Vista, Arizona, Deadbeat, about 3 hours south of you. THAT town sucked. Really bad. I have a hatred for it.

In fact, if I ever get to be President, I'm nuking it. With half of the people still there. Nothing to do in that town except drink, do drugs, have sex, go to Wal-Mart at 3am, and stiff the poor waitresses at Denny's tips even though they were kind enough to put up with your bored ass all night without even once "accidently" pouring hot coffee on you.

Seriously. I really hate that town.

I hate where I live. There's like, nothing here. No malls, no Dairy Queen, no amusement park, nothing. :o

The people are alright I guess. Not enough cute guys though. D:

My hometown sucks too but guess what?

I GOT OUT! You can too! If you cannot move you need to find stuff you like to do and focus on that rather than the negative.

Yes. Everyone lives the perfect life with the perfect dog and the perfect mommy and daddy and then there's me.

Although I do have some cute doggiezz

I HATE THIS PLACE. Everyone is superficial up the ass

and I want to run away from it all.

- Oh and, the surroundings are just plain depressing, except in the Spring.

Come to Toronto. Awesome indie music. Great international cuisine. Lively downtown core. Snow (yes I consider this a positive). Royal Ontario Museum. CN Tower/Roger's Centre. Soccer (TFC). Hockey. University of Toronto. Little Italy. The Annex. Greek Town. North York! Extremely low crime rate. Free healthcare (and this includes Dermatology appointments ;)). I love it here.

/jealous

Indie music is so win. And so are the rest of the things you listed. Plus that picture is gorgeous.

I plan on moving to NYC, but eh.

I love my home town, as boring as it is. Walking around on a nice day brings back so many memories. It's pretty sad.. Now I'm in a nostalgic mood.

.. I'm gonna be moving away, though. Once I'm out of college. It's just nice coming back in the summer. I'm already sick of being home for Christmas break -_-

I moved 20 miles from the small town I grew up in to a small city. Not much better, but it's a start. My goal in HS was "get the hell out of this town" and it took me longer than I would have liked, and I'm not as far away from it as I'd like. But it's a start...

I'd like to live in LA, but I wonder if I'd like living there as much as I like visiting....two different things.