Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gMARIAs

Drinking ACV with Ocean Spray

I'm trying to incorporate ACV moreso into my diet. I use it topically along with homemade cleansers and such but I still get a couple of zits here and there. I've noticed that drinking this stuff tends to help them clear up a lot faster.

However, it's single handedly the most downright disgusting thing I have ever smelt or tasted in my entire life. I mix 1 tbls. with 16oz of water, 2 times a day. I'm just tired of the taste-even diluted!

We have some crappy Ocean spray cranberry juice in our fridge, and I wasn't sure if I mixed the ACV with a small portion of the juice, if it'd still retain it's benefits considering the sugars and such in the juice? I'm not a fan of Ocean Spray anything and don't plan on taking it with a big glass of it-just enough to where I can drink it quickly without tasting so much vinegar

and please, don't tell me to use honey or stevia because I can't afford stevia (I don't currently pay for groceries considering I'm in college and living with the parentals) and I've tried honey. It doesn't help the taste.

I assume the Ocean Spray you're talking about is not one of their 100% juice varieties, in which case, most of the calories come from high fructose corn syrup. There's no way that any of us would be able to tell you that the Ocean Spray would directly cancel out the effects of the apple cider vinegar, but even if it didn't, that's no good reason to drink sugar water.

My best suggestion to you is to dilute the apple cider vinegar in water as you would normally, pinch your nose, and drink it with a straw. I don't think that this method is any less pleasant than drinking it in fake cranberry juice.

You can also try incorporating it onto the rest of your foods. You can easily get away with two tablespoons on a simple plate of salad, and it also tastes good on sandwiches. If you're interested, look up a homemade salad dressing recipe using ACV.

You could try a little ACV and a little Ocean spray, dilluted with water. Because Ocean Spray is full of sugar.

And I'm afraid I agree about the taste. I drink water with a ton of lemon sometimes because I keep refilling my glass and add another lemon leaving the prior ones in there. But I don't like the taste of even a tiny amount of Braggs in water.

You could try it in some organic iced tea with a little stevia sweetener.

That would probably be good and good for you. Or you could pick some organic, unsweetened fruit juice. I'm not sure exactly which fruits are anti-inflammatory, but it wouldn't be hard to find something like that on wikipedia or something and if you use anti-inflammatory fruit juice then it adds an extra acne fighting kick. :angel:

By the way, if you didn't know already, stevia is all natural, calorie-free and it's the only sweetener that doesn't break me out other than honey. Also, there's a certain brand of stevia that is also a fiber supplement and fiber is WONDERFUL for acne.

just mix with water, lemon, and stevia. tastes pretty good actually. just drink through a straw cuz this combo is horrible for tooth enamel.

Bragg's tastes completely fine to me :D

Now that doesn't help me out very much now does it?

I hate vinegar. I have tried Braggs and it tastes equally as crappy as my Spectrum.

Just because you like it doesn't mean that I do.

All the same, thanks for the advice everyone. I opted not to use the Ocean Spray-just too awful. Guess I'll just suck it up and get used to the taste in water!