Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scratchy Cat

BP an oily skin?

I used 2.5% BP at night, Ive not noticed it but today I wake up with extremely oily skin. I didnt think that BP would or could lead to oily skin. I wash my face at night then apply 2.5% BP an go to bed.

Weird, usually BP is what dries out your skin. This actually might be a good thing for you, because one of the biggest problems people face in the regimen is over drying the face. As for now, are you washing twice a day? Try taking the moisturizer completely out of your routine for a little bit. If that doesn't work, perhaps you need to use more of the cleanser? Are you using the official DKR cleanser or some other one? Most likely, there are other factors at work that is making your face oily, and not the BP. Maybe sweated a bit much in a dream? I dunno...

It's possible that the BP is drying up your skin too much so your skin is overproducing oil to compensate. Our body always tries to maintain a certain balance (homeostasis). Why don't you try applying a light moisturizer after applying the BP at night? Your skin may look oilier in the morning, but it may help keep oil at bay for the rest of the day. If this doesn't work.. maybe try another BP brand?:)