Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tcshow

does using all these ance products inhibit my body from learning how to natuarly cure my problem?

i wonder does using all the differnt acne medications interfere with the human bodies natural defense mechanism to fight acne?

i.e. when our human bodies are injuried or have something wrong dont they figure out a way to fix that problem. that is why we eventully overcome acne. but if we use all these medications its covering up the problem instead of fixing it. so what im wondering is it better to wash the face once in a while and let the body learn to deal with the problem with out all these medicines, or does using topical treatments not affect the duration of acne for people?

my over question is i wonder if using all the medications is only drying up my skin, screwing up its natural balance and prolonging the duration of my acne?

It is bad to use too many chemicals on your skin, but most of the time it is needed to use some to cure the acne. I think that it is important to use the right products for your skin. I don't have any research/proof or whatnot so take my words with a grain of salt. If you don't want to use chemicals or medications on your skin then I would suggest trying to clear your skin holistically.

our bodies are not supposed to have acne to begin with..

i tried the "natural approach" where i just washed my face with a gentle cleanser.. but that led to WAY more acne and then i had to try accutane. i think if you irritate your skin it might cause more acne but letting it go didnt work for me.. but there is no harm in trying :)

I stopped using all products for about 2 months a while back and it seemed to be okay, still broke out occasionally but not too bad and it was nice to be free of a regimen other than water...Stopping all irritation definitely gave my skin a better chance to heal but I eventually went back to using a few products, thinking I could perfect my skins appearance and prevent new breakouts. Now I've recently switched back to not using anything. Acne doesn't run in my family much and I never really had breakouts or uneven skin tone until I started using products about 1 1/2 years ago.. I feel if I give it longer, eat right and work out a few times a week that I'll be back to how I was back when I didn't use products of any kind. It's a tough thing to do but in the long run it makes the most sense. I feel I don't need any products anymore and while some have helped me in the short run, they never end up working in the long. I may also exfoliate once or twice a week, my brother does that and water only and he's 100% clear. I'll probably make a post about it some time down the line about the experience.