Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't know guys, my life seems to have no meaning anymore. All I seem to think and care about is acne. acne this acne that. It's the only thing at runs through my mind. I can't live like this anymore, I had it! plus to mention I am breaking out again after just taking accutane a few months ago. I been struggling with acne since I was about 11, I am 20 now and I still cannot accept it as a part of me. Acne has shattered all my dreams, my goals, my self-esteem. It completely ruined my life. I lost all my friends, and I don't even want to see the ones that I do have because of a acne and etc. ahhhh i have issues

I don't know how to get back. I wish i dont care anymore about acne.

We all have issues :D

Just.. ahh. I don't know. I've been there before, I think a lot of us have.

I know it's hard, but you've got to have hope and keep going on. I used to feel the same way, and sometimes I still do. But one day I woke up and just didn't give a damn anymore. Like, hey. Who cares if I have acne? If they do, that's their problem. If they do, they're shallow. If they do, screw them. I'm not going to let it lead my life.

I know it sucks, and know it's hard. It's hard to let go of, having that feeling all the time.

the thing is when i had my most severe case of acne I didnt give a fuck. Now after years and years of acne even one pimple gets me all depressed and pissed at the world. I cant even live life with a breakout. I never used to be like this. When I am acne free I am on top of the world when I breakout I am hiding in every corner completely shut off from the world.

hello johnny im sure many people relate to you at the moment. and i must admit that i used to think alot like you. many people think that as guys we dont care much about our face or looks but hey the truth is we do care and in my case it was an obsession and you know what it used to torture me so much and i never understood why this happened to me and not other another person instead. the truth is that acne makes a person miserable and its something we have to fight everyday and guess what your not the only one whose always thinking about acne and the way you look, the truth is that everyone here is for a reason and thats because they all do worry about their looks and they all look for relief. well i have came to realize that worrying about acne a lot just makes everything worst. fisrt of all thinking about acne so much just makes you miserable, 2. you can in no way enjoy life when youre always thinking about acne, 3 i always remind this to my self when im feeling down "when ever something is going wrong, it usually means that something good is about to happen" the secret behind this is that when something really bothers you so much that all you think is about the problem then anything that happens from there can be good news.

sorry for the long reply didnt think it would be so long. just know that youre not the only one with these probles. some have it bad and some have it worst.

peaceeeee.

yeah I tried everything u can think of. I became a health nut thinking it will help my acne problems.

yes I am obsessed with my looks. I never used to care about it too much. I used to get picked on in middle school for having horrible cystic acne while no one else had any. Looking back I was a complete mess I was overweight, I had horrible skin, but I actually lived life to the fullest not letting my looks stop me from doing the things I want.

Now everyone tells me I don't even have acne. I stare at my face every chance i can get. I became so self-conscience that it sickens me. I think it has to be with me always wanting to be the guy who looks great cause I never was when I was younger that caused me to be obsessed.

yeah I tried everything u can think of. I became a health nut thinking it will help my acne problems.

yes I am obsessed with my looks. I never used to care about it too much. I used to get picked on in middle school for having horrible cystic acne while no one else had any. Looking back I was a complete mess I was overweight, I had horrible skin, but I actually lived life to the fullest not letting my looks stop me from doing the things I want.

Now everyone tells me I don't even have acne. I stare at my face every chance i can get. I became so self-conscience that it sickens me. I think it has to be with me always wanting to be the guy who looks great cause I never was when I was younger that caused me to be obsessed.

Well, I was looking to tell you that you might have Candidiasis and direct you to

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/heal13.php

Because quite often this seems to be the case when you have tried everything inluding accutane and acne still persists such as in myself.

But I may be wrong. Worth a try.

Good luck.

I'm kind of like you.

I'm obsessed with my looks, and I always have been. I'm too worried what others may think of me [or was. still kind of am.]

But I'm the complete opposite; most of the time, I can't bear to look at myself in the mirror. I just rip myself apart. I'll point out my flaws immediately and sometimes I'll even be brought to tears.

I've always wanted to perfect, but that's never going to happen and I'm trying to accept it. It's hard.

You know, I don't get why people tear me down. I really don't. People at school will say things to me that I know for a fact they wouldn't say to anyone else. I just don't understand.

Sometimes I'll look great, and it's a confident booster. But one minute later I'll see something and freak; it's a never-ending cycle.

I've never dealt with cystic acne or severe acne, I'm a Grade 1. I can't imagine what you must feel like, I only have my experience. From what I have experienced, I'm just broken inside.

I'm sorry you have to deal with all this. Water realllyyy really helps, just saying. :P I drink like, 25 glasses a day, and it's really helping.

Feel better. :[

Well, I was looking to tell you that you might have Candidiasis and direct you to

Because quite often this seems to be the case when you have tried everything inluding accutane and acne still persists such as in myself.

Good luck.

yeah accutane didnt work on me. I taken it twice and I am still breaking out wtf!

i dont really know what candidiasis is. I might have this problem

I'm kind of like you.

I'm obsessed with my looks, and I always have been. I'm too worried what others may think of me [or was. still kind of am.]

But I'm the complete opposite; most of the time, I can't bear to look at myself in the mirror. I just rip myself apart. I'll point out my flaws immediately and sometimes I'll even be brought to tears.

I've always wanted to perfect, but that's never going to happen and I'm trying to accept it. It's hard.

You know, I don't get why people tear me down. I really don't. People at school will say things to me that I know for a fact they wouldn't say to anyone else. I just don't understand.

Sometimes I'll look great, and it's a confident booster. But one minute later I'll see something and freak; it's a never-ending cycle.

I've never dealt with cystic acne or severe acne, I'm a Grade 1. I can't imagine what you must feel like, I only have my experience. From what I have experienced, I'm just broken inside.

I'm sorry you have to deal with all this. Water realllyyy really helps, just saying. :P I drink like, 25 glasses a day, and it's really helping.

Feel better. :[

i want to be perfect so bad, but i cant and i cannot accept it!

idk why i care so much about it

i am about to tell a close friend of mine. of my problems this would be the first time i told anyone i know in person about my acne. ahh im scared how he'll react

I don't know either.

:P

But honestly, if people don't like someone because of acne, they're pretty damn shallow.

I've learned most people don't really care about acne anymore. As long as I be myself, I'm fine. I'm not going to let acne control my life, I don't deserve it.

Hmm. Think of our faces like Christmas trees. We are the ones with ornaments. :D

Haha. That was lame :shifty:

I don't know either.

But honestly, if people don't like someone because of acne, they're pretty damn shallow.

I've learned most people don't really care about acne anymore. As long as I be myself, I'm fine. I'm not going to let acne control my life, I don't deserve it.

Hmm. Think of our faces like Christmas trees. We are the ones with ornaments. :D

haha never heard of that one before! :cool:

yeah, i know deep down that people dont really care. But its like I know how great and confident I can be when i am completely clear that I just hate myself when I am not up to my expectations.

Like when i am around my friends my friends expect me to get all the girls for some odd reason. And I try my best to live up to their expectations but i feel like i am the ugliest one out of all of them

Good luck.

yeah accutane didnt work on me. I taken it twice and I am still breaking out wtf!

i dont really know what candidiasis is. I might have this problem

Seriously go to the site and look into it.

It tells you all you need to know, including diagnosis.

Yeah, I feel like that too. Confidence rocks. I wish I could have mine to the fullest again.

x]

I feel like the ugly one, too. All my friends are so pretty and I feel like, 'Blahh. Here I am. Here they are.' I'm constantly comparing myself to everyone. Like, obviously I photoshop my pictures, and it's the worst feeling when people compliment you on how gorgeous you look when your whole picture has been remade into something nicer. Like, if they only knew.. :( Bahaha.

I don't know either.

haha never heard of that one before! :cool:

yeah, i know deep down that people dont really care. But its like I know how great and confident I can be when i am completely clear that I just hate myself when I am not up to my expectations.

Like when i am around my friends my friends expect me to get all the girls for some odd reason. And I try my best to live up to their expectations but i feel like i am the ugliest one out of all of them

I know what you mean...My friends are like that with me too. For some reason, they look up to me and think I'm some great thing and it can be stressful because like you said, you want to live up to their expectations and what kills is knowing that you can be that great thing, but acne just gets in the way.

I actually was talking about this to my sister the other night. I got into one of my silly, depressed moods and I just had to let it out to someone. So my sister mentioned she remembered how miserable she was in junior high because of acne. She remembered the way people used to humiliate her, the way she used to skip class, the way there were some days she just wanted to go to sleep and never wake up. She said she literally felt like it was her against the world. She hated people, she hated life, she hated everything. But...that was back then. She isn't like that anymore. She's gotten over all of that. She's found good in people, good things in life--the problems from the past don't bother her anymore. But what she hates is that she's still worrying about acne. I'm in the same boat. I went through a lot of the same shit she went through in school and I felt a lot of the same hurt she felt back then, but that's all over. That was yeeears ago! I don't hold a grudge on anything or anyone from my past and looking back is just pointless. I've moved on and forgotten about all of that, but it's just this stupid problem, my acne, that hasn't let me get all the way to where I want to be. It pisses me off because just like you, I'm 20 and I'm still worrying about this crap?! Come on! I try to not let it control my life, but it's like every time I forget about it or it clears up, it always comes back. I'm so self-conscious about it. I get worked up about my looks, it makes me feel less than everybody else--I become this annoying, moody blob and that isn't me at all!

Like a friend of mine, he's always telling me how he can't get girls for some reason and his twin brother can lol Well, my friend is super shy and his brother isn't, so I tell him he probably gives off an unapproachable look *shrugs* He tells me he knows he doesn't and he makes himself come up to them and talk to them, but it seems like they're never interested :confused: My friend's a very cool guy, so I don't see what the problem is :( but that same night I was talking to my sister, I thought about him and I'm not bragging, but I, personally, have never had an issue getting people to like me. Him and a lot of my other friends--even my sister have even told me so. Or like this girl I knew, when she started college, she admitted she was only there to find a boyfriend T_T She didn't know shit about her "major" and she couldn't care less about graduating! I mean, I see these things and I realize I'm not like people like her. I have goals, I have interests, I have a freakin brain--why the fuck am I letting this shit keep me from doing the things I want to do? Why?! Why can't I just be rid of this and finally be happy with myself?!

Sigh, I should end this now :confused:

I do apologize for the long post :wacko: And I wish I could have given you some advice instead of this long rant...If it helps any, just know I understand what you're going through. Yeah, it's tough, but we just have to keep working at it. We'll get through this. All of us. Just try to keep thinking positive and if you're ever in doubt, I'm always here to listen! Feel better ;]

~ROXY

Thank you Roxy! Wow, you just described the story of my life. All your hardships you faced I faced them as well. I feel exactly the same way you do towards acne and its effects on us. I'm sorry that you and your sister both had to face the detrimental stress of acne. I know exactly the pain it causes.

Yes, your absolutely right it's best to think positive when in doubt, and its great knowing that their is someone out there who can definitely understand my feelings. Thanks again roxy for your post you really brightened my day! :D

Thats What Acne Does to Ya :(

But Its Gd When Were On This Cus You Can Talk About All Your Feelings Cus You all Understand. But You Cant Tell Them To Others Cus they Dont Understand Wat It Feels Like. :D

I can totally relate. I feel like lately my mind is constantly occupied with thoughts about acne or weight loss. I am always thinking about what treatments I can try next to try to clear my acne, what I might be doing wrong...it's all skin-care, skin-care, skin-care. Acne has become my "hobby" because that's all I have time for. I go to church, the gym, and school, and then research acne during most of my free time. It's terrible! What does help is remembering that God- NOT my appearance- gives me my identity and value. I want clear skin, but more than that I want people to see Christ through me before they see me (acne or no acne).

Thank God that I went to my doctor today and he gave me some clear-cut, honest answers about acne and acne treatment (not necessarily what I wanted to hear, but it was something, and it was medical, scientific facts). Now he gave me a prescription and a regimen and I'm so excited to start on something. Since the doc prescribed it, I KNOW it will most likely work, even though (as he told me) it will take at least 6-8 weeks to see results, and even longer to fully clear my skin. It's much better then trying the oil cleansing method or some weird homemade remedy and HOPING for the best. I will admit that it was totally humiliating when the doc took an acne count so that he would have a quantitative measurement to use to compare my progress when I check in with him again in two months.

Anyway, the point was, I feel ya. I think the best thing to do is see a doc, get his advice (and ask as many questions as you can think of), and follow their prescribed regimen consistently for however long you're told. After all, they have the medical knowledge that we don't.

I don't know guys, my life seems to have no meaning anymore. All I seem to think and care about is acne. acne this acne that. It's the only thing at runs through my mind. I can't live like this anymore, I had it! plus to mention I am breaking out again after just taking accutane a few months ago. I been struggling with acne since I was about 11, I am 20 now and I still cannot accept it as a part of me. Acne has shattered all my dreams, my goals, my self-esteem. It completely ruined my life. I lost all my friends, and I don't even want to see the ones that I do have because of a acne and etc. ahhhh i have issues

I don't know how to get back. I wish i dont care anymore about acne.

=) I know the perfect solution right now.

First, realize that you are at the rock bottom of your life right now. I mean, it can't get any worse can it? Hating your life, acne, lack of friends, etc...

So this is the point that you build up again. People are NOT as judgmental as you think and if a guy with acne talks to me, I'd be even nicer to him than with usual guys. And the important thing is that if he has great personality, I'd genuinely LOVE to talk to him (acne and all).

Try "the regime" that acne.org suggests. I've heard so many success stories that I'd be tempted to try it...if it didn't cost 30 bucks per month.