Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bighomedog11

Oily Skin..

Hello, everyone i have real oily skin, I am wondering what is the best way to stop the oiliness on my skin? I use a facial soap but in the day time when i go out or at school my skin gets real oily. Is there anything i can do to help stop the oiliness because i think that's one of the reason why i am getting acne.

Hello, everyone i have real oily skin, I am wondering what is the best way to stop the oiliness on my skin? I use a facial soap but in the day time when i go out or at school my skin gets real oily. Is there anything i can do to help stop the oiliness because i think that's one of the reason why i am getting acne.

Carry oil blotting sheets with you, so you can use it at school. I use to have really oily skin, and I started taking biotin 1000mg once a day, and my oil production has noticeably gone down. Though some people complain about cyst, but i haven't encountered that problem. You can give it ago, and see how it works. I get mine from target, the origin brand, its like $2.00.

Alright I will look into that. But i thought biotin 1000mg is for hair healthier hair growth..

Also i am only 17. But i will get some of those oil blotting sheets when i go out.

just fyi for a cheaper version u nkow how in public restrooms they have th etoilet seat covers... haha they are made from the same thing oil blotting sheets are. so if u dont happen to have any with u or are jus tpoor like me u can always rip a peice off of them :)

Bighomedog,

try a vitamin b-complex, 6 pills a day really solved my excess oilyness, you will still be oily but not as bad as you previously were. trust me it works, i used to have really really really oily skin all over my chin, upper lip, nose, etc. its gone now!

B5 is the key ingredient to block exessive fatty oils from excreting out of your pores.

Alright I will look into that. But i thought biotin 1000mg is for hair healthier hair growth..

Also i am only 17. But i will get some of those oil blotting sheets when i go out.

It is for known to be used for healthier hair and skin. It was recommended to because I had really oily skin and hair. It made a huge difference for me, but you might want to experiment and see what works for you. And as the above person mentioned, all B vitamins helps with reduction oil production. Also known is Vitamin A. Good luck

Bighomedog,

try a vitamin b-complex, 6 pills a day really solved my excess oilyness, you will still be oily but not as bad as you previously were. trust me it works, i used to have really really really oily skin all over my chin, upper lip, nose, etc. its gone now!

B5 is the key ingredient to block exessive fatty oils from excreting out of your pores.

what doses of b-complex did you take daily?

6 pills seems excessive to me.

Bighomedog,

check the ingredient dosage here:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...01-905d115065c9

i stopped 2 days ago, and the extreme oiliness is still non existant.

Bighomedog,

How long did it take for the oil to subside?

Bighomedog,

How long did it take for the oil to subside?

3-4 days

let me give you a breif history of my oiliness problem:

After quitting BP i was extremely oily and dry, this product made my entire T-zone (including my cheeks) almost wet with oil. I then decided to stop and went to a more holistic method with using only water on my face and a gentle scrub when i washed my face, i also used a moisturizer before going to bed.. doing that for awhile my dryness was completely gone, but i was still incredibly oily. The oiliness was so severe you can see beads of oil develop on the nose, the upper lip, the forehead after about 5-6 hours after taking a shower. I then looked around the internet and i found something on B5, i already had a super B5 complex handy so i decided to pop 2 the first day.. IMMEDIATELY i noticed improvements, the next day i took 6 of those b-complex pills, about the 3rd day i noticed there were no beads of oil on my nose, the oils on my upper lip were gone, the oils on my forehead were improved, and there was absolutely no oil on my cheeks anymore! 4 more days of taking it i was pretty much cured of the excessive oiliness, mind you i still produce a normal amount of oil on my forehead but it is nowhere near as much as i had previously. It's been 2 days since i stopped the b-complex and i still feel like i have normal skin, no oiliness, if i run my finger down my nose there is no oil like before.. i wouldnt say im completely cured but pretty close.

I recently ordered this product which contains 500mg's (half gram) of B5:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/redirect....antothenic-Acid

Someone here said you should take 10 grams for 1-3 months to completely be cured of oiliness... id say in about a few days ill be taking 4-5 grams for 2 months and continue to take 1 b5 complex vitamin because an article i read said you must take a complex B and high dose of B5 to see results.

anyways, good luck... you will be impressed with this method i promise you.

-Adam

stop drinking soda and anything sweet and replace with water.

Water is a filter, drink a gallon a day and within 4 weeks you should see all the difference you'll ever want to see.

Thanks for all the great replys guys. I went to my GNC store and Walgreen's Drug store and i ask for B5 and they didn't know what B5 was. They said they did not sell B5. So i am wondering is it called by a different name or something?

Just go to the vitamin section and look for Vitamin B-5 Complex. It's impossible that Walgreens doesn't carry this. You shouldn't have to ask for it, it's pretty simple to find.

Alright thanks. I might just order this.. B-5 Do you think i should get that? Is that what i need? It will be only 4.60 shipped to my house..

Edit:

I just went ahead and order that sense it was cheap.. And we are in the same state. I believe its my oiliness that's causing the acne because when i rub my finger down my face during the day when i am out. There would be oil on my hands from my face. So reading what "adamrodrigue" said about B5 i am going to give it ashot. :)

Do i have to get a b-complex? I just got some B-5 will that work along? Start taken it in the morning time before school. Because i did not buy a b-complex i just order b-5.

Hopefully this helps me,because i think that's the main reason i have acne is because of my oily skin. My acne not bad just little bumps here and there.

I got my B-5 today :) I started off with taken 2 500mg pills. I notice that it made my stomach hurt. I am wondering should i start off by taken 1 pill and move up later on as my body gets used to them. I am thinking about taken 2 in the morning around 6am and 1 in the evening around 5 pm ish. I am wondering should i see a difference in the oiliness soon because it seems like my face is not that oily today when i took the 2 pills.:)

I used to have really, really oily skin. Pretty much up until two months ago when I dumped all the harsh chemicals I was rubbing into my skin. I found irritating it first with BP, and then going on to a diff topical later on really dried out my skin to the point where it was always really oily regardless of moisturizing. Maybe you're overdoing it.