Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So im starting Accutane in about 2 weeks.Im beyond freaked out!

My first concern is blood work. Is there anything speical i need to do to prepare for blood work?

Some people say they have to wait to get ther Accutane due to complications with blood work.

Also,wile im on Accutane what is a good moisteriser to use? And face wash?

Any aditinal acvice?

(sorry for the spelling)

:P

ahah

The only thing you have to do is fast for 12 hours before getting your blood taken.

As for the moisturizer and facewash, cetaphil gentle cleanser and moisturizer work for me. A bunch of people recommended it to me when I first started.. You'll need something gentle or else you'll be severely dried out.

Hmm.. what else. Get yourself some lip balm. Good stuff. You'll need it allll the time. Burts Bees (I think that's what it's called?) or aquaphor or something. I use blistex and it works for me, but some people don't like it.

Also, don't worry if your acne gets worse at first. It should last no more then a month. Most people experience a pretty bad initial breakout.

Good luck!

Hey there,

I'm on month 4 of my accutane. As for blood tests, I never fast, because I'm a horrible college student with an unpredictable schedule, that has never been a problem for me. Just try to go in the morning before breakfast, and you should be fine.

Get aquafor. Your lips will be so dry they will bleed. Aquafor is the only thing that works for me. I also use Carmex when my lips hurt because it has anesthetic in it, but its not so great for moisture. Aquafor. Enough said.

Drink lots of water, even before you feel you need to. Don't exfoliate, use gentle facewash sparingly from the beginning. And moisturize from the beginning as well, even if you don't think you need it, you will.

Its not going to be fun, you will probably break out bad the first week or two, I did, but it goes away. Eventually it will get better, you just have to stick it out if you want it to work.

Just take care of yourself, eat well and drinks lots of water. Accutane is no picnic, but its worth it if you want clear skin.

Don't worry about it!

It will all be worth it when you have clear skin.

Im on my 10th day and im seeing results already. It will keep improving i know.