Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
balthasar

Why milk is bad and mistakes i made with acne.

Hey,

I’ll just start with this while I still have your attention: Milk and Cheese can aggravate acne severely. I’m not a dermatologist and there seems to be a lot of rubbish on the internet about what does and doesn’t affect acne so I’ll leave it at this: It’s often said that diet doesn’t affect acne and yet cultures which don’t subsist on western diets have very low acne rates. Everyone’s skin is different and I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up with a miracle cure as acne is a complex disease with multiple causes but I will say that cutting out dairy did a lot in improving my skin.

On a more personal note and at risk of sounding self indulgent, I thought my acne was a lot worse than it actually was, I knew people with worse acne than me but I really let it get to me and stop me doing things. I think it’s really important and can make you into a better person if you can rise above it. People probably care too much about their appearances especially at the age most people get acne. Trying to see acne as an opportunity to better myself by forgetting what I looked like to people really helped me to develop a positive outlook on the whole thing (although the process was slow and hard, don’t get disheartened); it probably also helped improve things directly as I stopped picking and squeezing, I think meditating and yoga also helped.

Good luck!

I'm sorry, just pasted in links before, above is link to newspaper article about milk and acne, there is much more online if you search for it.

Ok, this is ridiculous, links aren't appearing, just search for milk acne link; there is reputable info there!

clinical trials: Harvard Group. Association found between milk consumption and acne lesions.

Reputable source I would say.

Yeah I believe it. I think it has to do with the hormones in dairy products... I might be wrong.. I love cheese though. Why can't it be something like cabbage or brussel sprouts that affect acne.

What I find funny is how milk in Canada does not contain hormones but USA milk and some other countries does.

All milk contains hormones, and LOTS of them, in amounts that likely are one of the causes of acne.

The hormone you are referring to that is not in Canadian milk (or European) is called BST or rbGH and is actually injected into the cows to increase their milk output about 10%. It doesn't actually show up much in the milk, and what it does to all the natural hormones in milk has never been studied (or the company has never published the results, that we know of).

Take a look at the physician guidance section at acnemilk.com

By the time you have read through that you will know more than your doctor. And more than 90% of dermatologists - although they are gradually learning!

You can provide feedback via the website.

And there is no charge and nothing for sale.

what about milk in coffee is that bad to?or are they just talking about drinking milk alone?

If we did consume hormones through milk, wouldn't the hormones get denatured when sitting in the stomach?

Birth control pills would have no effect if this were the case. There are also other hormonal medications given orally.

If we did consume hormones through milk, wouldn't the hormones get denatured when sitting in the stomach?

Maybe, but due to their affinity to having peptide bonds that hold proteins together, they wold likely reform into androgens. Pepsin, stomach acid, would alter the quaternary, tertiary, and maybe secondary structures of protein but the would likely pop back together when the pH was renormalized. Think of it like electrolysis of water. If you introduced water into a system where electrolysis took place, then the hydrogen molecules would dissociate from the oyxgen molecules. If you didn't divert the 2molecules into seperate containers, then the molecules would join back together when electrolysis stopped because oxygen and hydrogen have a high affinity, electronegativies, to join back together.

Milk is also quite insulinogenic, meaning that it raises insulin a good amount, more than your body would normally produce from the blood sugar changes.

just curious. i know goats milk is easier on the stomach. It is also more widely consumed in foreign countries than cows milk. do you know if it aggravates acne all the same?

Hey,

I’ll just start with this while I still have your attention: Milk and Cheese can aggravate acne severely. I’m not a dermatologist and there seems to be a lot of rubbish on the internet about what does and doesn’t affect acne so I’ll leave it at this: It’s often said that diet doesn’t affect acne and yet cultures which don’t subsist on western diets have very low acne rates. Everyone’s skin is different and I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up with a miracle cure as acne is a complex disease with multiple causes but I will say that cutting out dairy did a lot in improving my skin.

On a more personal note and at risk of sounding self indulgent, I thought my acne was a lot worse than it actually was, I knew people with worse acne than me but I really let it get to me and stop me doing things. I think it’s really important and can make you into a better person if you can rise above it. People probably care too much about their appearances especially at the age most people get acne. Trying to see acne as an opportunity to better myself by forgetting what I looked like to people really helped me to develop a positive outlook on the whole thing (although the process was slow and hard, don’t get disheartened); it probably also helped improve things directly as I stopped picking and squeezing, I think meditating and yoga also helped.

Good luck!

Things that can aggrivate acne (clog up your system):

Egg Whites

Milk

Cheese

Yogurt

White Bread

White Flour

White Rice (sticky rice)

Refined White Sugar

Oils (vegetable oils, hydrogenated oils, cooking oils... coconut oil not included)

Thats all i can come up with off the top of my head.

just curious. i know goats milk is easier on the stomach. It is also more widely consumed in foreign countries than cows milk. do you know if it aggravates acne all the same?

I don't reccomend drinking any type of milk including goats milk because it produces mucus in your system (which clogs up your blood and lymphnodes causing problems with acne) however goats milk has far less of a protein called casein which acts like a glue in your system. You should never use dairy for this reason, it plugs up your system like glue.. I do reccomend goat KEFIR as kefir is basically broken down proteins (that cause blockage) and is a great way to clear up your bowels (which is also good for acne).