Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItsMe16

I was browsing on google and came across this.....

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php

...and I got scared a little after realizing that many of the products I use may be cancerous. According to this retin-a ( listed as retonic acid ) has a high risk of causing cell mutation over time. What do you guys think? Is this reliable or is it just a bunch of bullshit to scare us.

I think some of the information is helpful, but it seems that everything these days is carcinogenic. If it's not the ingredients in your skin care products, it's something else. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Also, I don't think the retin-a does promote cell mutation; it's supposed to increase cell turn-over. Even if it does mutate cells, I wouldn't worry about that either because your body cells are constantly regenerating. No worries! :)

^^^I agree. I wouldnt believe everything on that website, as everything we use and consume could be cancerous. Even after reading that, I would still continue to use Retin-A as its been highly researched upon and a proven product thats been around for a long time.

This website claims that Sodium Laureth Sulfate - the active ingredient in most shower soaps and shampoos - is a "moderate hazard". I also don't know how this website picks which studies it "chooses" to accept as credible. I wouldn't worry about getting cancer from Retin-A or BP. The sun's rays can mutate dna and cause burns yet it doesn't seem to be mentioned on this site.

Good point. I am not leaning completely towards that website but it has swayed me to purchase products with less chemicals and irritants, in hope that my vastly irritated face will bring itself to a calm state after repeated use of so much useless chemicals.