Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
male

How soon after finishing the course it is safe to drink?

Talking about alcohol of course :)

Ermmm your ok to drink anyway so long as its not loadss, when i was first on accutane i went to a couple of partys and had quite a bit to drink. It said in my leaflet i got with the accutane its alright to have alcohol so long as its not excessive. If you've finished the course i guess you can have as much as you want :)

The drug is still in your system after you finish it. The information that come with it recommends waiting 6 months before getting any skin treatments such as waxing, and I would assume that includes tattoos. You might be ok before that but I can only imagine a tattoo would be extra painful on thin skin.

For tanning... well it's your skin, take care of it. Tanning makes acne scars worse, and you don't want to end up with wrinkles and skin spots when you get older after going through so much to get clear skin. I think the same time applies, 6 months, but again that's just being cautious. Don't tan in excess and wait a few weeks after finishing the course.

As for drinking, again the drug is still in your system. Don't go and get wasted one day after you finish the course because your body's still full of Accutane. You can drink but drink in moderation for a few weeks after ending the course.

I had 12 beer last night :blush:

You can drink while on accutane, just don't make it excessive like me. Cut down if you can. It's only been my second time drinking since I started 58 days ago.